Hey guy and gals,
Just purchased a stove from a friend of a friend for 100.00 bucks. good deal?? The stove is not in the best shape, but I believe it should do the trick. I think it is an Alaska Kodiak Stoker II, so says the tag on the back of the stove. I did a little research but info is hard to find on this particular stove. It almost looks like their modern Cast Console II or III model rather than the Kodiak. I do have a few questions and from looking around I think I will get some really good answers. Please feel free to chime in as I am new to coal. I would love to hook this bad boy up sooner than later. I am currently using an efel kero stove and its making me go broke. I will upload some pics of the stove and hopefully that will help with some of my questions.
Thanks in advance!
1.Is this stove usable/fixable with a few new seals and some cleaing up?
2 What model is the stove?
3 Estimated BTU's... somewhere I read count the holes in the grate? Well, I have 117.
4. can I use the top vent and tie it into the existing chimney I use for the Kero burner?
5. Do I need new seals? Im assuming I do.
6. will a wire bush and paint do the trick to get rid of the rusted area?
7. How big is the hopper on these stoves, capacity?
8. Is the stove self feeding or gravity fed?
9. I assume the fan has a 265cf blower?
10. Am i missing any parts? any parts @ all? I do have a container of bolts etc. Also, I need an ash pan, it was rusted.
Any other comments are welcome, please help!
here is the current efel.