I changed back over to the Ant coal last night. My bitty coal adventures are over for now, and I probably won't use it again unless I'm forced to. After a puff back that had yellow smoke spilling into the basement, I opted not to finish what I had left. Apparently I loaded too much pea size pieces on and didn't have enough air coming in over the fire. The bigger fist size chunks respond better at loading. I have less than a 100 pounds that I'm gonna heave over the bank. I only burned the bit for about 5 days. Based on what I've read here, its probably not very good quality bit. It would go nuclear the first couple hours and didn't wanna be controlled. After that, it would slowly go cooler and cooler and the wife would have a cold house before I could get at reloading it. From my experience, I've learned that bit is unstable, doesn't produce a consistent predictable heat output and is sooty. I also think my flue pipe narrowed from soot build up since the draft just doesn't seem to be what it used to be - based on the mano readings, oh thats another thing lol - My mano tube clogged with soot, I had to pull it out of the pipe and blow thru it twice because it became unresponsive.. I'm sure a better quality bit would have better results.
Anthracite definately has my spoiled
I'm sticking to it
I have to get into the firebox and wire bush/chisel off all the soot build up on the sides and the water coils. The water coils have 1/4 - 1/2 inch of build up wrapped around them. I'm sure heat transfer is being inhibited there!! Below are a few pics of the soot. Thats ant coal currently burning..
Thanks for everyone that responded with tips to help!