Political Opinions

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Ed.A On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 pm

coalkirk wrote:I'll have to take your word for that one space cadet devil. I'm not a fan of "fantasy space movies". That's more a past time of the earth shoe/quiche eating crowd. :wtf:



:clap: Sorry but thats just too damn funny.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:21 pm

coalkirk wrote:And with that said, I'm calling a halt to my part in this stimulating exchange. I hope I haven't violated forum rules in outting you as a wack job. It's not worth the time or key strokes.


Just like your fellow hypocrite, secretly gay Senator Larry Craig who lied about resigning after promising to do so, I see you can't keep your word either, but intend to continue your temper tantrum.
In the last page alone (of your whimpering & whinning) you have lowered this otherwise adult conversation (among fellow forum members discussing off-topic political opinions) to the level of childish name calling:
1. Space cadet devil
2. Been on that Federal teat your whole life
3. Never had a real job in the real world
4. mental midgets who are lifer Fed employees. You must be so proud.
5. like yourself, who is slightly to the left of Rosie Odonnel
6. you're a wack job
7. very annoying

What's next?
Calling me "A dirty smell"

Grow up!!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: coalkirk On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:25 pm

:stfu: And that's all I've got to say about that. F. Gump
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal


Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:35 pm

coalkirk wrote::stfu: And that's all I've got to say about that. F. Gump


I doubt that too.

"Men" like you just can't help yourselves.....You need to get the last word....... (But us Space cadetts are not gloing to let that happen :D )
Last edited by Devil505 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: av8r On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Well..sounds like it's about time to lock this thread and let the boys take it offline.
av8r
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm

av8r wrote:Well..sounds like it's about time to lock this thread and let the boys take it offline.


Yes, I would agree.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:35 pm

I turn my back for a minute and you guys are at it again!
No more playing in the same sandbox!
Now go find something else to do! :baby:

BTW, regarding the "Declaration Of War" comments, The United States can only declare war on another country.
For example, Japan after Pearl Harbor.
Korea and Vietnam were wars against Communism, the recent events are against Muslim Radicals.
By law a state of war cannot be declare against an ideal or religion.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: coalkirk On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:55 pm

I apologize to all who may have been offended by my part in the exchanges with devil . I've found a nice little feature on this forum called friend or foe and apparently I can opt to not even see his posts. I think since he and I are not going to agree that coal is black and water is wet, I'm going to take that option.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:29 pm

I agree that things went way beyond what was called for, but the topic should stay open for what is being discussed, whatever your opinion, is an important one.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:33 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:I turn my back for a minute and you guys are at it again!
No more playing in the same sandbox!
Now go find something else to do! :baby:

BTW, regarding the "Declaration Of War" comments, The United States can only declare war on another country.
For example, Japan after Pearl Harbor.
Korea and Vietnam were wars against Communism, the recent events are against Muslim Radicals.
By law a state of war cannot be declare against an ideal or religion.


The voice of reason has returned! Nice to see you back John. I think what the writer was referring to regarding the "Declaration Of War" statement was the war in Iraq.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: billw On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:37 pm

For a minute there I thought I screwed up and went to MSNBC's political blog. ;)
billw
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520
Stove/Furnace Model: GOODBYE OIL COMPANY

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: pbmax On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:BTW, regarding the "Declaration Of War" comments, The United States can only declare war on another country.
...
By law a state of war cannot be declare against an ideal or religion.

Gotcha. But I don't remember my friends invading a religion. Or sending troops into an ideal.

Ed.A wrote:
coalkirk wrote:I'll have to take your word for that one space cadet devil. I'm not a fan of "fantasy space movies". That's more a past time of the earth shoe/quiche eating crowd. :wtf:

:clap: Sorry but thats just too damn funny.

It does seem to have good comedic phrasing, but it's slightly inaccurate in that "earth shoes" are sold at Wal-mart and Quiche is made with eggs. So someone who properly belongs at the "soy forum" wouldn't be eating quiche because it kills baby chickens and walmart is the devil's own playground.
Glad to see things are wrapping up by everyone agreeing to disagree.
One of the few things I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND is intolerance.







If I have to point out the irony of that last statement I have misjudged the audience at this party.
pbmax
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Magnum Stoker

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 pm

pbmax wrote:
Wood'nCoal wrote:BTW, regarding the "Declaration Of War" comments, The United States can only declare war on another country.
...
By law a state of war cannot be declare against an ideal or religion.

Gotcha. But I don't remember my friends invading a religion. Or sending troops into an ideal.

Ed.A wrote:
coalkirk wrote:I'll have to take your word for that one space cadet devil. I'm not a fan of "fantasy space movies". That's more a past time of the earth shoe/quiche eating crowd. :wtf:

:clap: Sorry but thats just too damn funny.

It does seem to have good comedic phrasing, but it's slightly inaccurate in that "earth shoes" are sold at Wal-mart and Quiche is made with eggs. So someone who properly belongs at the "soy forum" wouldn't be eating quiche because it kills baby chickens and walmart is the devil's own playground.
Glad to see things are wrapping up by everyone agreeing to disagree.
One of the few things I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND is intolerance.







If I have to point out the irony of that last statement I have misjudged the audience at this party.


From Wikipedia:

"Authorized use of force

Frequently used as an alternative to a declaration of war, authorized use of force is often used to avoid traditional barriers to the initiation of combat. Typically a full declaration must be ratified by various legislative bodies, but 'authorized use of force' may allow an elected head of state to directly initiate forceful action without further consultation. In addition, with declarations of war being increasingly regulated by international bodies, 'authorized use of force' can often be used to avoid some of the negative consequences of a declaration.

Authorized use of force is relatively common among democratic societies. The United States, for instance, has been directly involved in military activities in every decade of the latter half of the twentieth century yet has not declared war formally since World War II. For instance, in the case of the Vietnam and Iraq Wars, Congress authorized the use of force rather than putting forth a true declaration of war. As noted above, there is a dispute over the constitutionality of this legislative procedure."

I felt there might be a question regarding the invasion of Iraq.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:58 pm

OK here's the deal, if you want to continue this discussion or any other political discussions for that matter the name calling will stop. There are more than a few offenders in this thread as far as I'm concerned and I've tried to keep it to myself because I don't want to stifle any discussions. So I'm laying "the law" down now, any further instances of name calling will result in a warning and you only get one, there is no second warning. If you want to remain a member here keep the personal attacks to yourself.

Having said that, you're all wrong. We need a "none of the above" option when voting.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Political Opinions

PostBy: bksaun On: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:07 pm

HOOORAYY!!! I thought it might come to this!

Now let's get back to sharing information on coal burning with each other...

Thanks Admin.

BK
bksaun
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid, Gentleman Janitor GJ-6RSU/ EFM 700
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Pea Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer/ EFM-Gentleman Janitor
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert/ 700/GJ-62