Well, I'm throwing in the towel for this year. Posted last night I planned to throttle the stove back for the next 3-4 days in anticipation of the cooler temps coming Friday. But it got up to 78 here today (Accuweather was calling for 68) and forecast for next three days is 76, 82, 77 with nights in mid to high 50s.
Today it was really warm in the house, had windows open all over and still very warm. I'd throttle back more if I could be here through the day to watch the draft, but I don't think my boss would like that.
So, tonight I used my fireplace shovel to pull as much coal as I could out of the hopper, and put it back in the coal bucket. Then shook the stove pretty hard. Still have a good firebed, but I'll shake it again in the morning and probably will be out by tomorrow night.
Debating whether to leave the stove pipe on a couple days and relight if it does it cooler, but should probably tear down and clean before any moisture builds up.