It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Ed.A On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:13 am

http://articles.courant.com/2013-04-04/ ... ntrol-bill

For the record, I won't be registering anything!
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:28 am

Well at least we have another place to send our criminals where they can be safe. I don''t want them here. Ct was a lost cause for the 2nd anyway.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: franco b On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:17 am

It seems to me that if these rules were in place before Newtown, it still would have happened. Just more feel good legislation. More make believe as most government action is.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea


Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: ramblerboy2 On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I feel conflicted about this. On one hand, I don't think requiring gun owners to register their stuff is a bad thing; I understand why people get upset about it though.

I was raised a Quaker and strictly pacifist. I also took riflery at summer camp when I was a teenager. I have friends and relatives who hunt. I don't believe it taking rights away from law abiding people.

I'm not anti-gun but I feel pretty ambiguous about some of the small calibre semi automatic setups. I also live in a city where gun violence is a very real problem.

Bottom line is, I'm pretty uncomfortable with widespread gun ownership by irresponsible people (and it definitely sounds like Mrs. Lanza was not very responsible giving access to weapons to a son who was clearly unstable). But, I'm really not comfortable with taking legal behavior and making it illegal. This is what the country did with drugs and that failed miserably and caused tons of new problems.

Will these new laws keep weapons out of the hands of crazy people? I don't know. Probably not. I commend the Connecticut Legislature for trying to do something, but I am really not sure that this will help. I think stricter laws to control the sale and trafficking of guns is important, though. Too many criminals have easy access to guns; this just needs to stop. But I don't think that will stop people like Adam Lanza from doing what they do. This is very sad and unfortunate.
ramblerboy2
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Surdiac MCK 508
Other Heating: Embassy Ambassador BMS natural gas boiler

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: coalkirk On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:53 pm

You will never stop gun crime of any sort by restricting law abiding citizens right to own guns. It doesn't get any simpler than that. The libs have been waiting for an excuse to move on guns for decades. Take an *censored* president like obama, ad a couple of mass shooting tragadies and they get their wish. It's a sad digusting time in this country. :mad:
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:18 pm

There are a lot of examples why national registration is a bad idea. I won't re post all the links but they are out there. We may not have anything to worry about today its tomorrow I am worried about. What happens if we get some dictator in office that keeps passing all these un constitutional laws and then decides he doesn't like a certain race and they should be exterminated. By that point it will be too late. We cannot say it is impossible to happen. It has, many times in history,
The other point is Adam Lanza should have been in an institution years before. The govt is not doing anything to protect the vulnerable areas. I would think if they cared that would be their first priority. And it is not. At the very least I would think better entrance security would be started. Stronger doors and a camera system around the building would be a great start. Me personally I would have no problem if there were a few properly trained and armed teachers in the school where my daughter goes but I understand that is a touchy subject to some. All I know so far Obama has wasted the last 4 months preaching something that will have no effect on criminals.
In the end I would hope most people would do their own research and not just listen to the propaganda.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Freddy On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:51 am

You can add CT to the bottom lines.
Attachments
Wisconsin.jpg
(118.83 KiB) Viewed 28 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]41481[/nepathumb]
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: KLook On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 am

In Georgia, all you have to do is apply for a CCL. They do a background check and send it to you in the mail. Unfortunately, I have to take the stupid NRA 101 course over again in Tenn. And pay $200 for the course and more for the license. IT sure has a bunch of restrictions for something that is a "right". Other then that, women are taking courses in droves and buying handguns. And many people carry them without a license, particularly in their cars.
Ammo is where its at, and it is hard to not believe some form of conspiracy. It is having the desired effect if true, I have been holding on to my stocks, not practicing. The only thing I can afford to shoot is my bow. Perhaps that is next as the new compounds are "assault bows" and the founders(and indians) didn't have them back then?

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:12 am

Flyer5 wrote:There are a lot of examples why national registration is a bad idea. I won't re post all the links but they are out there. We may not have anything to worry about today its tomorrow I am worried about. What happens if we get some dictator in office that keeps passing all these un constitutional laws and then decides he doesn't like a certain race and they should be exterminated. By that point it will be too late. We cannot say it is impossible to happen. It has, many times in history,
The other point is Adam Lanza should have been in an institution years before. The govt is not doing anything to protect the vulnerable areas. I would think if they cared that would be their first priority. And it is not. At the very least I would think better entrance security would be started. Stronger doors and a camera system around the building would be a great start. Me personally I would have no problem if there were a few properly trained and armed teachers in the school where my daughter goes but I understand that is a touchy subject to some. All I know so far Obama has wasted the last 4 months preaching something that will have no effect on criminals.
In the end I would hope most people would do their own research and not just listen to the propaganda.


What happens? Umm.....we don't need to wonder. The dictator is already there.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:There are a lot of examples why national registration is a bad idea. I won't re post all the links but they are out there. We may not have anything to worry about today its tomorrow I am worried about. What happens if we get some dictator in office that keeps passing all these un constitutional laws and then decides he doesn't like a certain race and they should be exterminated. By that point it will be too late. We cannot say it is impossible to happen. It has, many times in history,
The other point is Adam Lanza should have been in an institution years before. The govt is not doing anything to protect the vulnerable areas. I would think if they cared that would be their first priority. And it is not. At the very least I would think better entrance security would be started. Stronger doors and a camera system around the building would be a great start. Me personally I would have no problem if there were a few properly trained and armed teachers in the school where my daughter goes but I understand that is a touchy subject to some. All I know so far Obama has wasted the last 4 months preaching something that will have no effect on criminals.
In the end I would hope most people would do their own research and not just listen to the propaganda.


What happens? Umm.....we don't need to wonder. The dictator is already there.



I was being facetious :D (Spelling)
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I know. I just found the whole line in your post entertaining. :D
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:I know. I just found the whole line in your post entertaining. :D



Yea, I think it is well known how much I like our current dipshit. Probably made a few lists by now. Its not that I have lost any respect for him through all this because I had none to start with for him.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Looks like Maryland is falling shortly. Just needs the Governor now I believe. :mad:
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:44 pm

We're getting closer to lord ruler Obummer's plan of complete control. Once all the states comply with his NWO and remove their citizen's rights to bear and keep arms he'll gather his Gestapo and with the aid of the criminals and corrupt politicians he'll march into each and every city and wipe out the populous. The end of America is nearing.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: It's Offical Connecticut is worse than Cali

PostBy: Blackrocks On: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Paranoia is a VERY dangerous disease :?
Look the word up

Rick
Blackrocks
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503 insert
Coal Size/Type: Nut --- bagged