Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: jpete On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I didn't forget. Some people act like they never knew.

Image
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Pacowy wrote:
Black_And_Blue wrote:take a real good look here, let this sink in .....


It would help if you could say what your point is. We've already had people trying to let images speak for themselves; different images seem to say different things depending upon what other underlying facts you are assuming.

Mike


Seriously ? .....
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 pm

SMITTY wrote:Now that this is over .... does anyone see what I see?

An entire city ... WAIT - SEVERAL cities, completely locked down ..... just for ONE guy. NOT a good image to project to terrorists in the world. Makes us look pretty weak.

Sadly, my gut tells me this attack was only the beginning ...

Hope I'm wrong.



I don't think your wrong.
grumpy
 


Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:44 pm

lsayre wrote:Have you seen the "inside the ambulance" photos of the 19 year old suspect? He is said to be just barely alive. Was too weak to resist arrest when they finally went in and got him out of the boat. Current condition is unknown.



The neck wound apparently did not initially silence Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, who was swearing profusely in the ambulance ride after his final confrontation with the FBI, according to a source familiar with the case.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/21 ... s-20130421
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:48 pm

grumpy wrote:
Pacowy wrote:
Black_And_Blue wrote:take a real good look here, let this sink in .....


It would help if you could say what your point is. We've already had people trying to let images speak for themselves; different images seem to say different things depending upon what other underlying facts you are assuming.

Mike


Seriously ? .....


Seriously. You can't speak, either?
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 pm

If you can't see the problem with that photo I don't know what to tell you...
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:17 am

Flyer5 wrote: But this whole thing does need to be questioned and looked at. If all found to be good so be it, but it needs the review.


I agree, but the review that should count by far the most is the review by the people who experienced it. What we seem to have here is a bunch of outside people who assert that they have rights that shouldn't be usurped by anybody, then turn around and try to impose their view of the world on the people in another state who actually experienced the circumstances they're talking about. In my book, that's about as hypocritical as it gets. In the eloquent words of David Ortiz, "this is our f**king city and nobody gonna dictate our freedom." That includes the freedom to endorse and applaud the performance of law enforcement personnel. If outsiders don't grasp how that could happen I think they have an obligation to give it some thought before they run their mouths with tripe that disrespects the people who lived through it.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:18 am

grumpy wrote:If you can't see the problem with that photo I don't know what to tell you...


Why don't you try articulating what you think the problem is? Is it really that hard?

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:29 am

Pacowy wrote:
grumpy wrote:If you can't see the problem with that photo I don't know what to tell you...


Why don't you try articulating what you think the problem is? Is it really that hard?

Mike


Is it really that hard to see the guy who has the gun pointed at the person taking the photo? Are you cool with that?
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:43 am

jpete wrote:You danced all around the issue.

The issue is if an "emergency" means giving up your rights, do we actually have rights?

I was under the impression one had to be tried and convicted of a crime before you lost your rights.

But what the last week proved is that a MILLION people lost them instantly upon the actions of two.

It's a scary precedent we just set and things only get worse from here.


Am I the one you're saying was dancing?

AFAIK local, state and federal governments have long held a bunch of powers to interrupt what you seem to be calling your "rights". These include travel bans in severe weather, quarantines for disease outbreaks, evacuation or "shelter in place" orders for environmental or security problems, etc. If you're not familiar with them it's probably a sign that they haven't been abused, or even used much. You don't have to be convicted of anything to be subject to the exercise of such powers.

What last week proved is that things that aren't reasonable most of the time are reasonable in some emergency circumstances. How about you let the million people speak for themselves before you go too far declaring this to be something bad?

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 am

grumpy wrote:
Pacowy wrote:
grumpy wrote:If you can't see the problem with that photo I don't know what to tell you...


Why don't you try articulating what you think the problem is? Is it really that hard?

Mike


Is it really that hard to see the guy who has the gun pointed at the person taking the photo? Are you cool with that?



Ok perhaps I am wrong, is he pointing a rifle or talking on a radio?
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 am

grumpy wrote: Is it really that hard to see the guy who has the gun pointed at the person taking the photo? Are you cool with that?


I do think he's pointing a rifle, and I am cool with that. When a SWAT team is trying to locate a heavily armed subject (with an unknown number of possible accomplices) in a residential neighborhood, it's probably not a good idea for a private citizen to take high ground and try to sight them through a hand-held device. The guy with the gun was doing a professional job of protecting the team - by being prepared to respond in case it was a perp - and he did it without harm to the civilian. Would you prefer that he ignore the potential threat and smoke a cigarette? This is one of numerous examples of the extraordinary difficulty and complexity of the operation that was performed, and the type of thing that caused law enforcement personnel to get their standing O from the people who lived through it.

Thanks for at least saying what you meant. I continue to be troubled by the way some outside people seem to be rushing to judgments that ignore the realities that had to be faced by law enforcement and residents. Hopefully further dialogue will help.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:20 am

Pacowy wrote:
grumpy wrote: Is it really that hard to see the guy who has the gun pointed at the person taking the photo? Are you cool with that?


I do think he's pointing a rifle, and I am cool with that. When a SWAT team is trying to locate a heavily armed subject (with an unknown number of possible accomplices) in a residential neighborhood, it's probably not a good idea for a private citizen to take high ground and try to sight them through a hand-held device. The guy with the gun was doing a professional job of protecting the team - by being prepared to respond in case it was a perp - and he did it without harm to the civilian. Would you prefer that he ignore the potential threat and smoke a cigarette? This is one of numerous examples of the extraordinary difficulty and complexity of the operation that was performed, and the type of thing that caused law enforcement personnel to get their standing O from the people who lived through it.

Thanks for at least saying what you meant. I continue to be troubled by the way some outside people seem to be rushing to judgments that ignore the realities that had to be faced by law enforcement and residents. Hopefully further dialogue will help.

Mike



I will agree with you, you have made a good point, star and flag for you.......
grumpy
 

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: Pacowy On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:30 am

Thanks very much for keeping an open mind. I understand that some of this stuff is pretty disconcerting.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Explosions in Boston at finish line of marathon w injuries

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 am

Pacowy wrote:AFAIK local, state and federal governments have long held a bunch of powers to interrupt what you seem to be calling your "rights". These include travel bans in severe weather, quarantines for disease outbreaks, evacuation or "shelter in place" orders for environmental or security problems, etc. If you're not familiar with them it's probably a sign that they haven't been abused, or even used much. You don't have to be convicted of anything to be subject to the exercise of such powers.

What last week proved is that things that aren't reasonable most of the time are reasonable in some emergency circumstances. How about you let the million people speak for themselves before you go too far declaring this to be something bad?

Mike


So if I go out driving in a blizzard, I'm going to get searched and possibly arrested? :no2:

I don't care if a million people applauded the revocation of their rights. I can find a million people that say I should be allowed to own a firearm. It doesn't make them right.

People a f*cking idiots.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice