You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
jpete wrote:We get most of our oil from Canada and South America.


Well then, the world needs more glass parking lots.


On that note, I can't imagine why North Korea would feel the need to build a nuke. ;)

I understand you are closer to the sentiment of the average American than I am. Just don't wonder what's going on when there are more "Boston bombing" threads.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Soooo...we need to stay alive and strong and conserve our reserves of oil until the "oil" economy collapses and takes the world down with it. The Ruskies have plenty and so do some S. American countries. Russian roulette with modern weapons and tech.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:21 pm

I think there will be more bombings, I will say two by end of year, and more shooting, big ones, maybe school or mall shootings. More distrust of Gov and well you can see where that will go... However I hope I am wrong, very wrong..
grumpy
 


Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 pm

I am with grumpy on that also.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:29 pm

grumpy wrote:I think there will be more bombings, I will say two by end of year, and more shooting, big ones, maybe school or mall shootings. More distrust of Gov and well you can see where that will go... However I hope I am wrong, very wrong..


Let us pray that this is not the case.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (It has been fixed!)

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:42 pm

grumpy wrote:I think there will be more bombings, I will say two by end of year, and more shooting, big ones, maybe school or mall shootings. More distrust of Gov and well you can see where that will go... However I hope I am wrong, very wrong..



I am worried about the same. We are not making many friends lately. And we still have too many gun free zones.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't pray. I might prey, but only if necessary. In light of the firepower the city of Boston displayed last week, I hope you are right also. And I think it was meant to send that message.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: grumpy On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Wow, what a fast response to my post. KLook, what do you mean?

Gun Free Zones, we only have as many as we really want.. think about that for a few.. outside the box..

We are in for a rough ride, no matter what, and on so many levels.... I would say more but a feeling of sadness has taken over.. be well all..
grumpy
 

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: KLook On: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Not sure what you mean, I don't pray. Atheist. I have no faith in a hidden god or human beings either. I am armed and continuing to be ready. But I have no hope of being effective as I am over 50, and far removed from my supporting groups. But with the firepower exhibited by one city, I don't think anyone will hold out long. I agree with you that it will escalate.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 am

Just hunters alone in the USA amount to the BIGGEST ARMY this world has ever seen. Nobody can match it. ;)
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:39 am

Shortly after the Viet Nam war even before the N.V.A. could regroup the Chinese invaded Viet Nam with the largest Army in the world & they were shortly beaten back. It could have been that they were just testing their neighbors & didn't really want the country but in any event it happened. Smitty, you are under the impression that only right radicals have guns & even then they would all be willing & able to follow "who". As I have said many times there is a big difference between shooting targets or even those well armed wild animals & another human being especially when they are better armed & trained & will be shooting back. I wouldn't count too much on your fellow comrades, most would sit in their basements & clean their guns to protect themselves since they are the only ones that matter to them.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm

samhill wrote:Shortly after the Viet Nam war even before the N.V.A. could regroup the Chinese invaded Viet Nam with the largest Army in the world & they were shortly beaten back. It could have been that they were just testing their neighbors & didn't really want the country but in any event it happened. Smitty, you are under the impression that only right radicals have guns & even then they would all be willing & able to follow "who". As I have said many times there is a big difference between shooting targets or even those well armed wild animals & another human being especially when they are better armed & trained & will be shooting back. I wouldn't count too much on your fellow comrades, most would sit in their basements & clean their guns to protect themselves since they are the only ones that matter to them.



You are right Sam. Most will not stand their ground at first I totally agree with that. But as more and more rights and freedoms are lost. Elections being fixed and offices being held under suspicious means. More and more people will start to group and hide in the trees and bushes. There are 10 times the number of Militia groups in this country today with probably 100 times more people than even 10yrs ago. My family will always be first. But My country and my freedoms are a very close second. Remember the battle of Athens. It does and can happen.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Don't know where you got your numbers Flyer, I know where there were quite a few large groups 20 years ago or better but in any event as I said shooting at something that can't shoot back is a whole different game. Funny how all these militia type seem to fade out of view if something like a war breaks out, I would bet if the draft would ever have to be reinstated there would be traffic jams at the borders & many doctors appointments (the mental type were a favorite) it could be that's a reason to fight about background checks. It could be just me but I think I can do most things now that I had the freedom to do most of my life if not all, even picked up a few along the way.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:16 pm

samhill wrote:Don't know where you got your numbers Flyer, I know where there were quite a few large groups 20 years ago or better but in any event as I said shooting at something that can't shoot back is a whole different game. Funny how all these militia type seem to fade out of view if something like a war breaks out, I would bet if the draft would ever have to be reinstated there would be traffic jams at the borders & many doctors appointments (the mental type were a favorite) it could be that's a reason to fight about background checks. It could be just me but I think I can do most things now that I had the freedom to do most of my life if not all, even picked up a few along the way.



Yea but now they cost a lot more. If you cannot see the increased bureaucracy in everything we do. I probably will not convince you otherwise. That is the typical division between conservatives and liberals. I want to see less, much much less government involvement in what I do. I do not want the government waste to take $1 from me with no choice and give .03 cents to the people who need it. I do not remember where I was reading about the amount of militias but its out there somewhere. Here is one that goes into what I was saying but not the exact one. Just google "how many american militias today" You will see what I was saying.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: You think some people won't try to take your freedoms?

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 pm

No body that I know of either Con or Lib wants to pay more in tax but it seems we all enjoy much of what that tax dollar buys. I have never been a fan of the welfare system & many other things & they have all been kept alive by both sides & always will be unless both sides start working toward a common cause, we know the ones in DC aren't doing it but we hire & can fire them. Everyone was in favor of term limits but once an election nears that thought is gone, as I see it many Gov. problems & programs are fed by both sides at the same time they blame the other. For the militias they were pretty much always there just a bunch of boys that play with toys, when it would come down to it I think most would cut & run. Just rights do you no longer have in reality not just what you have been told or think you had?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75