Still Burning?

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 am

whew its friggen chilly this morning. I may be building me a wood fire tonight in the Harman. Been out for about 3 weeks now but im hearing the Black Juice Sucker kicken on so I must put a stop to that. Im thinking after the 13/14 winter I tearing that evil petroleum burning boat anchor out of this house. Call me crazy but im thinking of installing some small electric baseboard heaters in the bed rooms. But anywho before I steer too far away from topic, I will be droppin a match tonight.
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: buffalo bob On: Mon May 13, 2013 8:05 am

you bet i am...34 here this am high predicted of 54 today and possibally below freezing tonight, then a long awaited warm up.
buffalo bob
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: Lightning On: Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

I ran out of coal, so I'm burning some good seasoned hardwood for a few days. 70's after Tuesday 8-)
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Size Mix

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: k9 Bara On: Mon May 13, 2013 8:24 am

Still burning here, I normally burn all year but I'm still needing the heat. Crazy year, more coal than usual and still going.
k9 Bara
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthricite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: Photog200 On: Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

I had the Kineo all cleaned up for the season but this cold snap we have, I started it back up Saturday. It looks like we are having a freeze/frost warning tonight and tomorrow so I will have it running for a couple more days at least. Have been able to keep it idling at 150° and keeping the house at 72°.
Randy
Photog200
 
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & Geneva Oak Andes #517
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: MudFlapLip On: Mon May 13, 2013 2:47 pm

I fired up the DS after lunch today. Way too chilly this morning and it's supposed to be 30 tomorrow morning. I shut it down about 3 weeks ago and I thought that was it. I guess not.
MudFlapLip
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Stoves, DS1600WH Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: Vangellis On: Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Actually saw a few snow flakes around noon today. No need to fire up here though.
My wife and I are heading to Guatemala in the morning. Should be warm there. 8-)





Kevin
Vangellis
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Olix Air Flo
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Stove/Furnace Model: Hudson Wood/Coal Burning

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Mon May 13, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm really regretting having shut the stove down. I'm really regretting disconnecting the stove from the chimney and I'm really regretting cleaning it out. It would seem winter is back. It was flurrying on the way home from work. It's going to be 30* tonight. WTF?
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: Rob R. On: Mon May 13, 2013 6:30 pm

My heat is on...glad I serviced the Efm during the warm spell.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: MudFlapLip On: Mon May 13, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:I'm really regretting having shut the stove down. I'm really regretting disconnecting the stove from the chimney and I'm really regretting cleaning it out. It would seem winter is back. It was flurrying on the way home from work. It's going to be 30* tonight. WTF?



I am regretting having done the same exact things. Given it's dropping to 30 or so tonight, the DS is back up and running. Nice and toasty in here now.
MudFlapLip
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Stoves, DS1600WH Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm

MudFlapLip wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I'm really regretting having shut the stove down. I'm really regretting disconnecting the stove from the chimney and I'm really regretting cleaning it out. It would seem winter is back. It was flurrying on the way home from work. It's going to be 30* tonight. WTF?



I am regretting having done the same exact things. Given it's dropping to 30 or so tonight, the DS is back up and running. Nice and toasty in here now.


I can't even relight it I have no more Cowboy coal and no dry wood what with all the rain we had the past few days. I've resorted to turning on my oil furnace to brake the edge off. I hate it.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: MudFlapLip On: Mon May 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:
MudFlapLip wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I'm really regretting having shut the stove down. I'm really regretting disconnecting the stove from the chimney and I'm really regretting cleaning it out. It would seem winter is back. It was flurrying on the way home from work. It's going to be 30* tonight. WTF?



I am regretting having done the same exact things. Given it's dropping to 30 or so tonight, the DS is back up and running. Nice and toasty in here now.


I can't even relight it I have no more Cowboy coal and no dry wood what with all the rain we had the past few days. I've resorted to turning on my oil furnace to brake the edge off. I hate it.



Well on a good note they're calling for 70's after tomorrow so it's short lived. I was lucky enough to have a half ton left.
MudFlapLip
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Stoves, DS1600WH Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 pm

i went and bought 4 more bags of blastsack .....its nice

it was snowing on the way to Mt.Pocono..... :shock:
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: mkline On: Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 am

I just fired up one stove for a couple of days.I'm really getting tired of this global cooling crap toothy .

Mike
mkline
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak x 2...Old and New
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove/Anthracite

Re: Still Burning?

PostBy: wsherrick On: Tue May 14, 2013 1:33 am

mkline wrote:I just fired up one stove for a couple of days.I'm really getting tired of this global cooling crap toothy .

Mike


Get used to it. There's about another 2 Centuries of Global Cooling left to go through before the Sun cycle comes back around. It's just getting started.
wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Visit Hitzer Stoves