Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: av8r On: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:47 pm

Ed.A wrote:Oh.....I see. I carry in bags and dump them in my hopper, wa-la! Amazing things these Girlie-man stoves :lol:

BTW, I've a coal bucket, with a lid, it's kinda the same I suppose.


Ya, I bought a tall, black coal bucket with a lid at Lowes. They called it a Hod...I call it a coal bucket....
av8r
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:53 pm

av8r wrote:
Ed.A wrote:Oh.....I see. I carry in bags and dump them in my hopper, wa-la! Amazing things these Girlie-man stoves :lol:

BTW, I've a coal bucket, with a lid, it's kinda the same I suppose.


Ya, I bought a tall, black coal bucket with a lid at Lowes. They called it a Hod...I call it a coal bucket....



Now Stop It, you're just being Silly! Everyone knows it's a Scuttle. Dammit you guys, you never get serious about anything. :nana:
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: WIcoal On: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Islander wrote:Devil,

Looks like you're going with the Brockton coal?

Good stuff it is.

Brockton Coal? A Google search found no listing. Who sells it and do they have a website?
Is the price per pound, similar to R and B brand coal? Or, is this covered in a different area of the forum?
WIcoal
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Lamppa Kuuma wood furnace
Stove/Furnace Model: Rika Austroflamm pellet stove


Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: av8r On: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Ed.A wrote:
av8r wrote:
Ed.A wrote:Oh.....I see. I carry in bags and dump them in my hopper, wa-la! Amazing things these Girlie-man stoves :lol:

BTW, I've a coal bucket, with a lid, it's kinda the same I suppose.


Ya, I bought a tall, black coal bucket with a lid at Lowes. They called it a Hod...I call it a coal bucket....



Now Stop It, you're just being Silly! Everyone knows it's a Scuttle. Dammit you guys, you never get serious about anything. :nana:


I know how to scuttle a ship...but scuttling coal would seem to be easier...
av8r
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: lincolnmania On: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:22 pm

spc wrote:I made this with a 5 gal. bucket, the scoop attached is a piece of formica. I fill the stove once a day & it guides coal right in the hopper.
Pioneer1.jpg


great idea! dont mind if i copy it? theres 2" of coal behind my alaska from filling it up from 5 gallon buckets lol
lincolnmania
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: efm af-150 1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning 1980 kenmore

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: Dano On: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 pm

Devil
that coal from eastern ice is good stuff been using it for three yrs now actually I live about 1 mile from their place and I have become good friends with the guys up their and I hate to tell you but they get their coal from blaschak in bulk and bag it in their yard I dont know what the difference is but it burns well
Dan
Dano
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman mk1

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:36 am

Dano wrote:Devil
that coal from eastern ice is good stuff been using it for three yrs now actually I live about 1 mile from their place and I have become good friends with the guys up their and I hate to tell you but they get their coal from blaschak in bulk and bag it in their yard I dont know what the difference is but it burns well
Dan


I'm have a ton delivered tomorrow from them. I bought (& tried) 2 bags of their coal from East Coast Fence in Kingston & it was good stuff!! (I guess they've had a problem with flimsy polyetheline bags this year, but the coal itself was good) Seems like bigger & blacker chunks than Blaschak.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Best Way To Fill Coal Hod From Coal bags?

PostBy: Dano On: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:40 pm

yeah I noticed this year that the coal is all most a mix between nut and stove I get some big pieces not as uniform and more ash than years past some times I buy from a friend over in hanover on rt 53 he has kimmels wich is just a bagging co. and usualy it is junk but I bought ten bags the other day when I was in a pinch and the stuff is great really uniform in size and less ash than the eastern ice i'm picking up 60 bags one pallet tomorrow I know with this bagged coal some bags are great and some are bad this summer I have to take a trip to see coal berner and get the good stuff
Dan
Dano
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman mk1