Terrorist Attack in streets of London

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 am

lsayre wrote:The primary property that one owns is ones own self. If we are not entitled to that, we are slaves. And if we are not entitled to the full product and output and achievement of our own being and existence, we are serfs (if not slaves).


Oh, right. But if our current overlord has his way we don't even have ownership of our own bodies. So...
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: jpete On: Tue May 28, 2013 10:01 am

I'm On Fire wrote:
lsayre wrote:The primary property that one owns is ones own self. If we are not entitled to that, we are slaves. And if we are not entitled to the full product and output and achievement of our own being and existence, we are serfs (if not slaves).


Oh, right. But if our current overlord has his way we don't even have ownership of our own bodies. So...


But we can't make any headway until we understand the difference between the way things ARE and the way things SHOULD BE.

I've posted this before. I find it useful and thankfully, someone took the trouble to strip out the awful music. :)

jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: I'm On Fire On: Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 am

jpete wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:
lsayre wrote:The primary property that one owns is ones own self. If we are not entitled to that, we are slaves. And if we are not entitled to the full product and output and achievement of our own being and existence, we are serfs (if not slaves).


Oh, right. But if our current overlord has his way we don't even have ownership of our own bodies. So...


But we can't make any headway until we understand the difference between the way things ARE and the way things SHOULD BE.

I've posted this before. I find it useful and thankfully, someone took the trouble to strip out the awful music. :)



That is a good video. Perhaps our current dictator and his Gestapo should watch it. They might learn something...probably not but they just might.
I'm On Fire
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator


Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 am

that vid is very good and very correct and makes a tremendous amount of sense IF (everyone is playing by the same rules and everyone is acting in a sensible manner)... what happens when one group/country/religion takes the morals of that vid and turns them upside down and says "we WILL take your lives whenever we feel like it, we DON'T want any negotiating or truse, we WILL destroy your property & buildings if and when you let your guard down, we WILL kill who we chose, when we chose and where we choose. We want NOTHING from you to change our stance.

How can we make these groups play by the rules in that video? I think the rules in that video are EXACTLY what these groups are "banking" on!
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

dcrane wrote:What a great quote that kinda puts some sense into complete senselessness for me. I feel like reading it all again and again, word for word because everytime I read this quote it enables me to understand that which is not understandable better. GG Larry :clap:


Unfortunately I believe that what David Kelly missed here is that our nation likes to play good terrorist/bad terrorist (witness John McCain's meeting in Syria yesterday). We take sides (as we see fit for the moment, subject to change) in their internal struggle, and in so doing we enrage, promote, and encourage their madness, and we ultimately channel it towards ourselves. One example is our playing Saudi Arabia and Turkey as the good guys, and pretty much the rest as bad guys. When it was convenient to our (ahem) "interests" Iraq was the good guy to Iran's bad guy, and Afghanistan was the good guy to Soviet Russia's bad guy. We are not consistent in (or even interested in) the oppression of terrorism strictly as the opposer of civilized values and virtues, but rather we are in it merely for gain (Halliburton and its ilk) and to keep oil flowing our way, and to sustain artificial national borders imposed upon the Arabs by the west. We are not approaching (solving) the problem the way David Kelly envisioned that it must be approached (as civilized people who value life and its virtues opposing uncivilized people who value death itself as a virtue). From this perspective the stance taken by Libertarians like Ron Paul can clearly be seen to also have merit in that by taking sides and playing one terrorist group or one terrorist nation against another for profit and gain and oil and national interests (as opposed to the interests of civilized humanity qua civilized humanity) we have lost the moral high ground and become no better than the bad guys (this being true because evil is evil at any level, and ultimately there is no virtue in our proclamation that our evil intent is less evil than their evil intent, with our evil becoming thereby somehow good).
Last edited by lsayre on Tue May 28, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue May 28, 2013 11:13 am

wsherrick wrote:Taking in all of the current events and the nature of many of the posts here. It is obvious that the light of Western Civilization is growing quite dim. I for one don't feel guilty about being a Christian who knows who he is and where his culture comes from.
To even try and compare the history of Christendom and Western Civilization to that of Islam is absurd on its face. It is the infection of leftist thought that has invaded our Society and is destroying our ability to defend ourselves or to even remember who we are as a people, culture and a society. That somehow everything is equally valid because to say otherwise would be unfair, to adopt this approach is to turn off your mind.
To morally equivocate this Country, what it is and the ideals it was founded on to that of Islam, is openly disingenuous.
All of your ideas, ideas of justice, concepts of the individual and the self evident rights displayed by God and his Natural Law, comes from Protestant Christian Thought. No where else.
It is the great tolerance of Evangelical Christians and Protestants that created a society that would allow someone to descent, worship cow patties or be an atheist. Yet they are hated and judged.
The Protestant Reformation led to the Enlightenment which led to the idea that an individual is autonomous before God and his fellows. Thank Martin Luther for the modern world you live in.
I will not apologize or feel self hatred or guilt at being an American who holds fast to those Ideals.
I will not apologize for the desire to protect them or defend them against Medieval Barbarians from the 3rd World.

But you are being judgmental, you cry. Yes, I am. Reason demands that Reality be evaluated and judged. One's survival depends upon it. Humans have no other instinctive weapon except his Reason.
We have been so hammered with self hatred and self guilt for so long that it has become ingrained into the Body Politic. We bend over backward and publicly flagellate ourselves to prove we aren't racists or what have you.
To make a judgement, makes you suspect. To stand firm in your belief system, your culture, your language, and your heritage makes you a target. Well, I'm proud to be a target.
To adopt the current belief system that we are all bad so we must excuse nor defend ourselves from any one else; is to embrace the culture of Death. To live in a gray, foggy cloud of non judgement, of non thought is suicide.




Well said. :clap:
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue May 28, 2013 11:14 am

thats exactly why we all as Americans need to make a serious effort to buy American and invest in American energy (I think its the best solution thus far), If we were 100% self sufficient their would be zero need to play this BS of "good terrorist VS bad terrorist".
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: franco b On: Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 am

The more things change the more they remain the same. Societies today are not much different except in sophistication from stone age societies. And that word sophistication sounds an awful lot like sophistry which is probably fitting given the amount of bullshit attending it. There was no enlightenment and no civilization in terms of human behavior. All remains as it was in the beginning.

The science that should explain this remains drunk on the modern drug money and itself remains subject to the myths, legends, signs, and symbols of the old religion.

Know thyself is good advice because understanding society is pretty remote.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 am

dcrane wrote:thats exactly why we all as Americans need to make a serious effort to buy American and invest in American energy (I think its the best solution thus far), If we were 100% self sufficient their would be zero need to play this BS of "good terrorist VS bad terrorist".



I bought a coal stove MFG company a lot for that very reason. :D
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: dcrane On: Tue May 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Flyer5 wrote:
dcrane wrote:thats exactly why we all as Americans need to make a serious effort to buy American and invest in American energy (I think its the best solution thus far), If we were 100% self sufficient their would be zero need to play this BS of "good terrorist VS bad terrorist".



I bought a coal stove MFG company a lot for that very reason. :D


Well... I bought a coal stove at least :P :lol:
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: jpete On: Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm

dcrane wrote:thats exactly why we all as Americans need to make a serious effort to buy American and invest in American energy (I think its the best solution thus far), If we were 100% self sufficient their would be zero need to play this BS of "good terrorist VS bad terrorist".


If we actually achieved that, the economy would collapse faster than it already is.

A closed economy is a dead economy.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue May 28, 2013 6:10 pm

jpete wrote:If we actually achieved that, the economy would collapse faster than it already is.

A closed economy is a dead economy.


I'm not sure this would mean a closed economy. It would merely mean an economy that choses to not do business with certain nations. Something akin to not purchasing goods from Cuba.

That brings me to an interesting thought. Why are we averse to permitting the Cubans to sell their sugar and tobacco to us, while we will buy oil from nations that to a one should be vastly more feared?
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: jpete On: Tue May 28, 2013 6:59 pm

lsayre wrote:
jpete wrote:If we actually achieved that, the economy would collapse faster than it already is.

A closed economy is a dead economy.


I'm not sure this would mean a closed economy. It would merely mean an economy that choses to not do business with certain nations. Something akin to not purchasing goods from Cuba.

That brings me to an interesting thought. Why are we averse to permitting the Cubans to sell their sugar and tobacco to us, while we will buy oil from nations that to a one should be vastly more feared?


If we were 100% "Buy American", we'd have money moving around, but no wealth being created.

If I pay you $100 to cut my lawn, and you pay me $100 to paint your fence, money is changing hands, but no "new" money is coming into the system.

And then once government starts taking its cut, things really start to go downhill.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: franco b On: Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

jpete wrote:If I pay you $100 to cut my lawn, and you pay me $100 to paint your fence, money is changing hands, but no "new" money is coming into the system.

Production creates wealth. If I figure out how to cut your lawn in half the time and charge you 75 instead of 100 then you are 25 richer than before and I have gained time to cut more lawns. We both are wealthier. If the money supply is fixed then each unit will buy more as production increases.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Terrorist Attack in streets of London

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue May 28, 2013 7:32 pm

franco b wrote:Production creates wealth. If I figure out how to cut your lawn in half the time and charge you 75 instead of 100 then you are 25 richer than before and I have gained time to cut more lawns. We both are wealthier. If the money supply is fixed then each unit will buy more as production increases.


This is why we had slow but steady deflation until the Federal Reserve came into existence and brought with it an inherently inflationary system of currency. We were far more of a closed and self sufficient society back then (with tariffs on foreign goods, levied in an attempt to keep it that way), yet we managed to become the economic powerhouse of the world.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)