How much to run a Hybrid

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: ONEDOLLAR On: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Sting wrote:I want one in Lime!


http://www.gizmag.com/elio-motors-84-mp
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... ler/27454/


Sting

I may very well put a deposit down on one of these.
ONEDOLLAR
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford #2 Base Heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: Sting On: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:43 pm

before you lay your bets - you should analyze your gamble

I suggest you do a google search on this before plunking down cash you may never see again

I sure hope I am wrong == but

It Depends!
Sting
 
Other Heating: BurnHAM=NG-gas

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: ONEDOLLAR On: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:37 pm

There is a lot to like in these little cars and lots of potential market for them as well besides that of Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public. I would love to own one and for $100 deposit I think I can take a chance. Besides I am investing in America as well.
ONEDOLLAR
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford #2 Base Heater
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite


Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: Sting On: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Have your people contact my people

Let us know how this works out for you! :shock:
Sting
 
Other Heating: BurnHAM=NG-gas

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Just what I was looking for. I wanted a car that I could feel safe in when I was smashed into by a coked-out soccer mom in an Excursion. NOPE. In fact I would settle for a car that I could feel safe in when smashed into by a drunken stove manufacturer in an old TDI. NOPE not that either. I want to support the Society of American Undertakers - there now I have a cause to believe in.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm

coalnewbie wrote:Just what I was looking for. I wanted a car that I could feel safe in when I was smashed into by a coked-out soccer mom in an Excursion. NOPE. In fact I would settle for a car that I could feel safe in when smashed into by a drunken stove manufacturer in an old TDI. NOPE not that either. I want to support the Society of American Undertakers - there now I have a cause to believe in.


When are you coming into the area? We can get smashed together. :cheers:
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:
Sting wrote:I want one in Lime!


http://www.gizmag.com/elio-motors-84-mp
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... ler/27454/


Sting

I may very well put a deposit down on one of these.

Hmmmm .... might be a fun toy to stuff a 155 HP Suzuki Hayabusa engine in. :idea: :D
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: Sting On: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:41 am

Well --if you really have the need for speed

http://www.terracraftmotors.com/
Sting
 
Other Heating: BurnHAM=NG-gas

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: SteveZee On: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 am

They already have GPS in most GM vehicle in the guise of On-Star.

Flyer5
Those TDI's are a great engine. I don't know the politcs of why we don't use more deisel here in the states, (I'm sure there's a dollars reason) but just a couple of month or so ago I was abroad (overseas ;) ) in The UK, France, and Spain for about a month. I had a Hertz rental that was a Chevy Orlando SUV turbo deisel with a 6 speed manual. That thing (unavailable in USA) was a nice little ride with plenty of zip and excellent mileage. You would have never known it was a deisel either as it was quiet and made zero black smoke. I also had a Pugeot something or another with the same set up (TDI and 6 speed) and it hauled arse. Seemed like most 80% of the vehicles over there were deisels. These new "clean" ones are not clackity and do not belch. They do have urea injection though which needs filling every 10k or so but still it makes one wonder why we don't have more.
SteveZee
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Re: How much to run a Hybrid

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:16 pm

SteveZee wrote:They already have GPS in most GM vehicle in the guise of On-Star.

Flyer5
Those TDI's are a great engine. I don't know the politcs of why we don't use more deisel here in the states, (I'm sure there's a dollars reason) but just a couple of month or so ago I was abroad (overseas ;) ) in The UK, France, and Spain for about a month. I had a Hertz rental that was a Chevy Orlando SUV turbo deisel with a 6 speed manual. That thing (unavailable in USA) was a nice little ride with plenty of zip and excellent mileage. You would have never known it was a deisel either as it was quiet and made zero black smoke. I also had a Pugeot something or another with the same set up (TDI and 6 speed) and it hauled arse. Seemed like most 80% of the vehicles over there were deisels. These new "clean" ones are not clackity and do not belch. They do have urea injection though which needs filling every 10k or so but still it makes one wonder why we don't have more.



Yea I like mine. I am afraid to ever replace it though. Especially if the replacement is dealer maintained. There are some good dealers but not many. I do all my own work so I know its right and if I do screw something up I know who to blame. :D
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer