Just keep that bee semen away from me Sam!
Needed a chuckle this AM - thanks!
I'll take a 8 egg omelet Freddy! Brought some fresh guinea fowl eggs. Hope you got a hammer handy!
Been working on all kinds of stuff this week. Finally gave up on the Suzuki Bandit gas tank. Stripped the old liner out, washed it with some heavy duty degreaser, etched it with acid ... and then it immediately flash-rusted back to the way it was before I did anything.
Owner just wants it gone, so gonna run as is. Also finally got a battery for a Cub Cadet 1864 that's been here for a month now. Damn company had battery on backorder ..... I wait 4 damn weeks ... and the battery shows up BONE DRY with NO acid pack!! I was livid. Had to spend $20 on 2 quarts of acid down the autoparts store .. and that STILL wasn't enough. Luckily I had about 3/4 of a quart of acid left over from a battery I prepped years ago for a backup sump pump system. JUST covered the plates on the 6th cell. Talk about cutting it close! Let it charge on my 3 stage at 2A for 2 days, and tossed the battery in yesterday. Fired right up. I'll tell you what - they don't build Cub Cadets like THIS anymore! This thing is a beast! Power steering, and power deck! Weighs about 900 lbs.. Everything is built tough. It's a '94 with just under 700 hours on the clock. Thing hauls ass too! Got to be close to or over 10 mph, easy.
Also spent some time working on a '61 Ford 631 Workmaster with 6v positive ground. Diagnosed a bad condenser after watching brighter sparks from the points than the plugs.
No test gear needed for that one! Also being positive ground, someone had hooked the ignition coil up backwards, which reduces spark energy. Reversed the leads and threw new condenser in the next day and she lit right off. After running a while, I found the charging system wasn't working. I didn't have enough stuff with me, so I yanked the generator off and brought it home. Disassembled it, checked continuity on all the blades of the armature and commutator, greased the bushing, wire brushed the commutator, and reassembled. Got the wifey's 6v moped over to test the thing out. Made some long leads with alligator clips, and hooked them to the moped battery, then hooked the other end to the field circuit, then hit the gen with an impact gun to spin. IT WORKS! Had it putting out 12v at high rpm. That's good, because parts just became 10x cheaper. Regulator is only $30.
Once that comes in I'll install everything and retest.
Someone tried jumping that tractor with a 12v battery pack!! If that wasn't bad enough, they hooked it up NEGATIVE to ground!! I found a puddle of molten lead from the battery cable on top of the battery. Melted right into the case! That guy was lucky he didn't get a facefull of acid! I think this is what toasted the fairly new regulator.
Gotta get back at it. Have a good one & stay dry! More rain on the way!