Zimmerman found not guilty

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:54 pm

The only thing I ever said was how do they absolutely know who did what first? Never did I say that I disagree with the verdict with what they had to work with, that animated video was not a real movie. It shows one opinion of what happened but no one will ever know for sure.
Franco, do you know that Zimmerman identified himself in any way? A uniformed police officer would have some right to ask if someone called them to report a suspicious person, then he would be within his right of performing his duty. If you assaulted him you would be subdued but alive, if someone were to come up to you in plain clothes & start asking what you were doing their after having followed you for awhile what would you do? If the rolls were reversed & Zimmerman had the hoodie on & was followed & confronted by a black neighborhood watch guy with the same thing happening do you think it would have turned out the same? I would hope so with the same amount of evidence but judging from what I'm hearing now I highly doubt it.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: wsherrick On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Little Trayvon's Theme Song.


wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:41 pm

The Feds are on it, just as I had surmised earlier, and they are going to make a civil rights case of it. What happened in Florida was not enough to satisfy the collective. If this comes down as the government anticipates it will, then individual rights will forever be trumped by the will of one mob or another.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... 95835.html
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (It has been fixed!)


Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Never happen on this one Larry----CALM DOWN ;)
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: lsayre On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:58 pm

In the really big picture, this has by necessity become a battle of subjective law vs. objective law. The end of our independent Republic depends upon it.

Among the many other things (many volumes) that Ayn Rand had to say about this subject, I will quote this short ditty:

"That which cannot be formulated into an objective law, cannot be made the subject of legislation—not in a free country, not if we are to have “a government of laws and not of men.” An undefineable law is not a law, but merely a license for some men to rule others." Ayn Rand
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (It has been fixed!)

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: franco b On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:59 pm

samhill wrote:Franco, do you know that Zimmerman identified himself in any way?

Sam I know you try to be fair, but there seems to have been no chance for any conversation before Zimmerman was assaulted. He had as much right to be there as a police officer. Maybe if Zimmerman had a uniform on it would not have happened, but his actions did not justify being assaulted.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: franco b On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:04 pm

All crimes are a violation of civil rights, to make a special rule or law is to put one in double jeopardy. Two ways to prosecute the same violation.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:26 pm

My thoughts are that the Feds are just putting on a show because we've become a Country of pussified, bleedin heart liberals & that they just feel a need to let us think that they actually have our best interest at heart---and some people are gullible enough to think that their actions really mean something---NOT-- smoke & mirrors :mad: :( Time will tell
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Richard S. wrote:
dcrane wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Justice has prevailed. It should have never got as far as it did. It is sad that Martin lost his life, but being an aggressor has its risks.


Its a tough call... I don't like the fact Zimmerman was the one who was lurking/stocking Martin because he thought he was some kind of civilian police authority "wanna be" (actively looking for anything & everything he could somehow inject himself into in order to "feel like" he's some kind of big shot because he carry's a gun around everywhere he goes). I don't like it one bit! :mad: BUT... In the end, its hard to say he murdered anyone because clearly their was a confrontation and the 17 year old kid was clearly whoppin' his ass for thinking he was some kind of "big shot" and Zimmerman swiftly learned how tough a 17 year old kid can truly be and by the time that point arrived the wheels were set in motion for tragedy (lets hope Zimmerman learned his lesson to stay the F out of injecting himself into other people's business because at some point when you do such things your gonna get a rude awakening!) Zimmerman should have simply called the police to let them know "suspicious activity in the area" and continued on his way home WITHOUT STOPPING AND INJECTING HIMSELF LIKE HE WAS THE AUTHORITY BY WHICH MARTIN HAD TO ANSWER TO. :mad:


Doug perhaps Zimmerman made some mistakes here but if there was more people like him taking a an active role in their community many of these communities wouldn't have an issue. On another forum there was person criticizing the community I grew up in because the cops showed up while they were looking at a house to buy. As I explained to her there is a lot of long term residents, nearly no crime and the residents want to keep it that way. She moved to Wilkes Barre and 2 years alter was moving out becsue her husband was assaulted and they had numerous other issue with neighbors. It was with great pleasure I pointed out to her that would not have happened in my hometown.

The bottom line is this, if you want safe neighborhoods the community has to take a role. You can't solely rely on the cops.



Well said Richard. After the flood I caught people trying to steal because I kept an eye out. I didn't realize in some peoples eyes that was wrong. The person who got their stuff back was happy though. The part I am stuck on is GZ did not break any laws, TM was on pot and assaulted a person. 2 illegal acts. How is GZ wrong to so many? I think Fred says it best. The Pussification of American's.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:52 pm

I never said that Zimmerman broke any laws, I don't know, laws are different everywhere but I also don't know who threw the first punch if I were Zimmerman I would say the same thing if it were to save my butt. TM had some pot in his system, depending on the test done that can go back a long way, last I knew pot tended to mellow one out but it could just be IMO, illegal yes but so are many things so I'll say this one last time I believe the jury came to the right conclusion with the evidence presented & the law & I hope it ends there.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:09 pm

freetown fred wrote:My thoughts are that the Feds are just putting on a show because we've become a Country of pussified, bleedin heart liberals & that they just feel a need to let us think that they actually have our best interest at heart---and some people are gullible enough to think that their actions really mean something---NOT-- smoke & mirrors :mad: :( Time will tell


Well said...
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: dcrane On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:09 pm

samhill wrote:CNB, since you always seem to want my input on most things here it is, Zimmerman was found not guilty of the two counts in a court of law. But & this pertains to other remarks as well, it was not past midnight, he was in his fathers neighborhood, Zimmerman lives in a different neighborhood, the neighborhood is a racially mixed one. As in everything if there is only one side of a story to be told & no eye witness then only one side is heard & everything else is speculation so the jury worked with what they had & came up with what I believe is the right one based on those facts. I heard someone say this morning that it is a sad thing that 50 years after the M.L.K. "I Have a Dream speech" that a young man is gone for no other reason than the color of his skin & a series of events that can never be known for sure came to a deadly end. It most likely isn't over but it sure would be nice if it were. Almost forgot Zimmerman was told from the very beginning not to follow. If anything this just opens up another can of worms.


finally someone with a lil' bit of non-bias around here :lol:
That was not Zimmermans neighborhood and the entire area is mixed race. 911 told him not to follow from the "get go" (while he was in his car still!), he not only followed and perused but he got out of his freeeking car :shock: Im not saying the verdict was not correct (it was), Im not saying maybe Zimmerman had no choice but to shoot when he did at that moment in time.... all im saying is the guy is a dick for setting these events in place (it may not be illegal... but hes a dick in my book and that's not changing). :mad:
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:20 pm

dc, go back to page 2 of this post & re-read Richard's (The Mayor) post--I think that should cover it pretty well.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: dcrane On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm

freetown fred wrote:dc, go back to page 2 of this post & re-read Richard's (The Mayor) post--I think that should cover it pretty well.


its a good point he makes, we simply don't know everything said or done to escalate that situation, I guess I have to assume if Martin was reasonable it would not have escalated. If I was in that situation and approached by anyone like that I would simply try to talk, say hi, introduce myself, explain what im doing, try to make a friend... clearly that's not what Martin did.
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Zimmerman found not guilty

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:28 pm

You betcha
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix