Yet another console from Matthaus

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 am

It's obviously an evil plan of some sort...and I've been dragged in to it.
Yesterday I was at an account in Brodheadsville and ended up having a long discussion with the manager about coal burning. He has a Reading stoker heating his place. It was nice to mention coal to someone and not get the "third eye in the middle of my forehead" look.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: lincolnmania On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:19 pm

somebody save that cook stove before we scrap it!
lincolnmania
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: efm af-150 1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning 1980 kenmore

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:10 am

Another resurrected stoker . I painted it Honey Glo Brown . Probably will burn it tomorrow just to cook the paint outside . Dave
Attachments
alaska 002.JPG
(54.86 KiB) Viewed 41 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2621[/nepathumb]
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Matthaus On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 am

ooooooooooh, dat's purty! One thing though, I don't think the ash pan in the back ground will fit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave for saving another of my orphans! :D
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:32 am

Matthaus wrote:ooooooooooh, dat's purty! One thing though, I don't think the ash pan in the back ground will fit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave for saving another of my orphans! :D



It'll fit . I just have to push a little harder . Well maybe if I use the tractor . But it can fit ,just may not get it back out :D . It was a slippery ride back from your place tonight . There was a car that didn't understand physics and clipped a tree on the way over here . Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: lincolnmania On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:11 am

ooh purty!
lincolnmania
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: efm af-150 1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning 1980 kenmore

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:33 am

Flyer5 wrote:
Matthaus wrote:ooooooooooh, dat's purty! One thing though, I don't think the ash pan in the back ground will fit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave for saving another of my orphans! :D



It'll fit . I just have to push a little harder . Well maybe if I use the tractor . But it can fit ,just may not get it back out :D . It was a slippery ride back from your place tonight . There was a car that didn't understand physics and clipped a tree on the way over here . Dave


How did you get it finished so fast?
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:
Matthaus wrote:ooooooooooh, dat's purty! One thing though, I don't think the ash pan in the back ground will fit. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Dave for saving another of my orphans! :D



It'll fit . I just have to push a little harder . Well maybe if I use the tractor . But it can fit ,just may not get it back out :D . It was a slippery ride back from your place tonight . There was a car that didn't understand physics and clipped a tree on the way over here . Dave


How did you get it finished so fast?



I went to staples and purchased a easy button . Just kidding . A few late nights plugging away . I have about 40 hrs into it . I have it running outside right now the temp outside has gone up 10 degrees . Al Gore will ne naming me on the list of causing global warming . I had no idea it would work this well . A few more hrs of burning I will be taking the bike out for a ride :D . I will get some pics of it burning . Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:02 pm

ALGORE will be naming me soon. I'm just finishing up painting the housing for the stoker ass'y. When everything is dry I can start assembling. I still have to paint the hopper and the doors (later). I'm also cutting an opening in the top (mine's not cast, just steel) for a 6" duct and blocking off the front air outlets just under the top.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Some burning
Attachments
kingwood 001.JPG
(615.58 KiB) Viewed 34 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2649[/nepathumb]
kingwood 002.JPG
kingwood 002.JPG (17.68 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=2650]kingwood 002.JPG[/nepafile]
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Looks good!
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: lincolnmania On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 pm

side loader? i was wondering why mine had that removeable plate on the top
lincolnmania
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: efm af-150 1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning 1980 kenmore

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Looking at that stove makes me think that mine is the model equal to a Chevy Biscayne while Flyer's is the Caprice.
But if it was anything more it would look out-of-place in the cellar.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:43 pm

lincolnmania wrote:side loader? i was wondering why mine had that removeable plate on the top



For where I am putting it that works out the best . But what a pain in the a$$ to get the stoker in and out . Not something that I would want to do to often .But hey it got it up to 45 degrees up here today so whos complaining , I even got the bike out for an almost 30 mile ride today . Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Yet another console from Matthaus

PostBy: lincolnmania On: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:25 pm

that would work better for me too.......how does the stoker work with the burner being on the side?
lincolnmania
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: efm af-150 1982
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning 1980 kenmore

Visit Lehigh Anthracite