Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:49 pm

To go along with JiminBuck's thread on oil heat prices, we need to help the poor oil companys come up with excuses for the causes of the latest price hike. (You think it's easy coming up with the (very creative) excuses the oil companys must invent every few days to try to explain the latest price hike?? .....Hell No!!
Let's help them....(The only rule is that you cannot mention the actual cause of the hike........Corporate Greed in a time of war!)

I'll start:

We had to raise our gasoline & home heating oil prices by 75 cents a gallon today because:

"Errrr....It rained in Saudi Arabia last week?
Ummm....because...Today is Thursday?
OK, OK.....Because my daughter wants a new Ferrari! (she is sick of the colors of her other two)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: coalkirk On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:15 pm

IMO, this doesn't belong in this section of the coal forum. There a gas, oil etc. heading or general or off topic.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:45 pm

coalkirk wrote:IMO, this doesn't belong in this section of the coal forum. There a gas, oil etc. heading or general or off topic.


It was my understanding that this forum could involve oil heat prices as it has a direct (if implied) bearing on why so many of us have turned to coal. (slipped my mind but what oil company did you say you worked for again?)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: JiminBucks On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
We had to raise our gasoline & home heating oil prices by 75 cents a gallon today because:



Because no Hurricanes make landfall on the Gulf Coast this past season so we had to torch the competitors refinery who lowered the price too far!

Has anyone noticed that the price of distillates is higher then that of gasoline in the commidites markets!
That's backwards, gas is the good stuff, heating oil is what's leftover!
I wonder if imports of refined products is the cause?
JiminBucks
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFEL \ Franco Belge
Stove/Furnace Model: Classic Lion \ Normandie

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: coalkirk On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:27 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
coalkirk wrote:IMO, this doesn't belong in this section of the coal forum. There a gas, oil etc. heading or general or off topic.


It was my understanding that this forum could involve oil heat prices as it has a direct (if implied) bearing on why so many of us have turned to coal. (slipped my mind but what oil company did you say you worked for again?)


Not my forum and I don't make the rules. BUT, down the list on the Board Index is a forum for gas, oil etc. There's another for off topic discussions. This one happens to be "Anthracite Coal Discussion and News." A topic called "lets help write oil/gas price excuses is out of place. And I don't work for an oil company. Not even close.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 pm

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: coalkirk On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:16 pm

:wtf:
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:30 pm

I don't see the point of this thread, regardless of it's location on the board.

It's Bush's fault anyway, right? :roll: Or is it Halliburton? (that ol' chestnut :lol: )

Just be glad it's not $10.99 / gallon. Oh, I forgot. By the time gas is that high, we'll all be dead from global warming! :shock:

When in doubt, turn LEFT.... :sick: :lol: :sick:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: spc On: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:53 pm

SMITTY wrote:I don't see the point of this thread, regardless of it's location on the board.

Agreed.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: JerseyCoal On: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:13 am

"Smitty wrote:
Just be glad it's not $10.99 / gallon. Oh, I forgot. By the time gas is that high, we'll all be dead from global warming!

The way I see it, Global Warming is a self-correcting event.
1. We burn fossil fuels to heat our homes.
2. The greenhouse gas emisions overload the atmosphere faster than nature can dissipate them.
3. The earth gets warmer.
4. We no longer burn fossil fuels or any other fuels to heat our homes. (Global Warming makes it nice and cozy)
5. Greatly reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
6. Nature gradually dissipates the remaining greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.
7. Climate retrurns to "normal".

See? No problem!
JerseyCoal
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Franco Belge model 10.1475

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:55 am

Devil5052 wrote:It was my understanding that this forum could involve oil heat prices as it has a direct (if implied) bearing on why so many of us have turned to coal.


Correct any Energy Issues can be posted in the "Anthracite Coal Discussion" forum because those topics have a bearing on coal. However this really isn't a discussion but more of "lets bash the oil companies" thread so I'm moving it to off-topic. There's already a current similar thread and that one as well probably should have been moved and if I had known what it was going to turn into I would have when it first started.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: gaw On: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 am

All energy prices (except anthracite coal for now...)are set by an aliance of the Bildeburgers, Tri- Latteral Commission, Council on Foregin Affairs, and Freemasons. I wish I could tell more but my computer is being monitored and the phone line is tapped...Trust me...Got to go now, have to wrap the house in aluminum foil, being bombarded with microwaves.
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: Help Write Oil/Gasoline Price excuses

PostBy: Devil505 On: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:13 pm

gaw wrote:All energy prices (except anthracite coal for now...)are set by an aliance of the Bildeburgers, Tri- Latteral Commission, Council on Foregin Affairs, and Freemasons. I wish I could tell more but my computer is being monitored and the phone line is tapped...Trust me...Got to go now, have to wrap the house in aluminum foil, being bombarded with microwaves.


LOL....Got to admitt...a funny post!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000