No fumes or smell in the house today when I fired up the stove.
I assembled new stovepipe in my garage, propped it up on a metal framework, set my propane torch on "incinerate", and spent ten minutes baking the outside of the pipe. Probably wouldn't take that long with a flame-spreader tip on the torch, but I don't have one.
I could see the shiny paint go dull when I hit it with the torch. Couldn't see any fumes being driven off -- I think they were immediately burned up in the propane flame. I did see some fumes from the inside surface coming out the ends of the pipe. But I didn't try to heat it enough to get rid of all those fumes, since they will just go up the chimney anyway.