Fired up the stoker today 10/19/2013. I could have waited but the wife was getting cold. I really wanted to see if everything was working ok. Replaced the glass on the door and was hoping the seal was good. So far the channing iii is running good, the carbon monoxide detectors have not gone off, stove has been running for six hours. I have a really large space to heat, about 2800 sq. feet, hard getting the heat upstairs but will supplement with oil once in a while.
Lit up sunday.... re lit roday. I don't know why but i shook grate a tad after firing up sunday a few hours after light up... and coal got jammed in it... so i left it that way. I guess as bottom coal ashed it dropped to pan below, and so did tthe coal above. Coal was out this morning. DOH!!! guess i'm the first 2 matcher for this heating season.
Tonite! Just got done, in spring I did a thorough cleaning. This evening reinstalled stove pipe, screwed with the baro, I am going back to a Fields RC the type M I had does not like my T, just keeps hanging up no matter how much I fiddle with it. Used my nieces RC from Fridays scrap run. Will order a new one tomorrow. Lube all the motors, resealed the grates this morning,cleaned the glass for what it is worth and we are back online. Off to Martinsville Speedway on Wednesday, and leaving the bride home with a warm house, and cold front coming.
I got her lit!! Low of 35 tonight and only highs in the 40's for a while with snow in the forecast!!! Currently 149 degrees on the pipe and 199 over the load door. Got her cut back for an idle thru the night. Below is a pic after a fresh layer ignited She is happy to be warm again (we call her Ashley )
Cleaned out the WL 110 last nite, relit and started the heating season.
Lows around 34 tonight, with the highs for the next week in the mid 50's. That means the house temp will slowly drop down through the 60's, which is unacceptable to some of the more fragile members of the brood.
71 downstairs, 65 upstairs, 4 tons of coal and an April wake up.
I've got 2 weeks of burning in now. Started on Oct 10, right after my basement flooded. I burned some bitty initially, but I've been on anthracite since the 14th. I've had the DS1500 set as low as it goes. The stove has been maintaining 225 degrees at it's hottest point, right behind the hopper loading door, and my stack temp is barely 100 degrees.
I've been loading the stove once a day, and have been tracking my coal use since the 15th.
Oct 15 - 19 lbs Oct 16 - 16 lbs Oct 17 - 14 lbs Oct 18 - 18 lbs Oct 19 - 12 lbs Oct 20 - 16 lbs Oct 21 - 17 lbs Oct 22 - 17 lbs Oct 23 - 19 lbs Oct 24 - 19 lbs