Coffee 10-26-13

Re: Coffee 10-26-13

PostBy: VigIIPeaBurner On: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Found this behind my leaf pile. Well, something eats young turkeys and it looks like the lookout was distracted while on the job ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
(268.81 KiB) Viewed 33 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]44970[/nepathumb]
VigIIPeaBurner
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Re: Coffee 10-26-13

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:33 pm

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:Found this behind my leaf pile. Well, something eats young turkeys and it looks like the lookout was distracted while on the job ;)


Bobcats, coyotes, feral cats, wolves to name a few. Possibly one of those non exsisting NE lions.
wilder11354
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Re: Coffee 10-26-13

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:12 pm

lsayre wrote:
Carbon12 wrote:http://www.gpnc.org/raptors1.htm


Sounds like it is not legal to take them out.





Ahhhh! the 3 Ss

Shoot, Shovel, Shut up. :P
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer


Re: Coffee 10-26-13

PostBy: VigIIPeaBurner On: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 pm

wilder11354 wrote:
VigIIPeaBurner wrote:Found this behind my leaf pile. Well, something eats young turkeys and it looks like the lookout was distracted while on the job ;)


Bobcats, coyotes, feral cats, wolves to name a few. Possibly one of those non exsisting NE lions.


This mess was right under a tree where we've seen the local family roost overnight once. I'll check out the trees tomorrow to see if anything is left up in the branches. I've seen fox around often and heard coyotes chortling up a storm. Maybe a big Red Tail Hawk would take on a young-un. Never saw any medium cats yet I've heard they're around. A good friend confirmed that there has been several sightings of the mythical "big cat" in the area of Great Meadows. That was last year.

Dave ... that would be the S "cubed" (s3) method of control ;)
VigIIPeaBurner
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Re: Coffee 10-26-13

PostBy: Freddy On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 am

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:several sightings of the mythical "big cat" in the area


Big cats are so cool. The word is we have no bobcats around here....other than just a mile from our house I saw one, and very clearly, about 5 years ago. What a beautiful beast! I'm going to guess if there is one, there are more.

Brrrr.... 24 degrees right now!
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined