Obamacare lies

Obamacare lies

PostBy: grumpy On: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 pm

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news ... rance?lite


President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.
grumpy
 

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: lsayre On: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:32 pm

grumpy wrote:President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.


He is definitely taking us on a nasty train ride (as in "Old Charlie stole the handle, and the train it won't stop rolling, no way to slow down"), but in reality we have been being prepared for this moment since at least 1913 (and perhaps since the Civil War), and most certainly since the era of the Great Depression.

1865: North defeats the South in Civil War. End of States roll in serious governance of what was once the United STATES, and ushers in the era of Federal domination and control.
1873: Silver (the main money of the USA) demonetized, and the bi-metal standard is replaced by a gold only standard. Multiple economic busts and nationwide starvation and depressions due to and post this deboggle are severe, ultimately leading to 1913.
1913: Federal Reserve and Federal Income Tax instituted to save us from the evils of the pure gold standard. The promise is for no more busts and only good times.
1913: US Senators are to be voted into office by the people of their State (formerly chosen by State Legislatures)
1920's era: The good times are really good, just as promised. Fed is printing money like mad, and it is all boom!!!
1929: Great Depression started by the Federal Reserve which cuts off the printing press (per Ben Bernanke in a speech given at Milton Friedman's 90'th birthday party)
1934: Gold confiscation
1935: Social Security
1964: Silver removed from coins
1965: Medicaid
1966: Medicare
1971: Gold backing removed from the US Dollar
Roughly 1974: Petrodollar instituted in response to the Arabs not willing to sell us oil for figmentary paper dollars (they want gold, or at least gold backed dollars)
etc...
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 am

grumpy wrote:http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite


President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years.




:shock: I never would have guessed. The people that voted for him are also surprised that they have to pay for it.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer


Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 am

Come on guys.. I'm sure that Oprah Winfrey and Rachel Maddow will be tuning in soon to explain how this is the conservative party's fault :roll:
michaelanthony
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly coat rack
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: plumb-r On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Another lie was that the average policy would drop in price by about $2500 per year. I know others on here have already stated their rates were going up. Just found out ours is almost $300 per month, that's over $3000 a year. SOB,lies, lies all lies, someone save us. :rambo3:
plumb-r
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 608 Energy Master I Stoker

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: wsherrick On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm

The fact that anyone is surprised baffles me. You were told, warned and chose to ignore. These people aren't just your old fashioned fat, greasy fingered, corrupt, greedy union, thug style democrats. These are communist revolutionaries, hell bent on destroying this Nation as it was founded.
It's too late now. Our Nation and Civilization are done for.
50 years of revising history, revising morality, instilling guilt and shame on the people and culture that raised the Western World out of poverty, famine and misery for the common man has done its work. Poverty, famine and misery are going to make a big comeback.
Of course don't believe that either. Be surprised when it comes as well.
wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: anthony7812 On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:11 pm

wsherrick wrote:The fact that anyone is surprised baffles me. You were told, warned and chose to ignore. These people aren't just your old fashioned fat, greasy fingered, corrupt, greedy union, thug style democrats. These are communist revolutionaries, hell bent on destroying this Nation as it was founded.
It's too late now. Our Nation and Civilization are done for.
50 years of revising history, revising morality, instilling guilt and shame on the people and culture that raised the Western World out of poverty, famine and misery for the common man has done its work. Poverty, famine and misery are going to make a big comeback.
Of course don't believe that either. Be surprised when it comes as well.


Holy cow William glass is half empty kind of guy arent ya. I do very much agree on most of this with you except "Our Nation and Civilization are done for" We have to stay optimistic, things are gonna get worse before they get better. What would be the point anymore if we had no hope? Obama is just a power figurehead, Bush was just a figurehead Im sorry but I say Ben Bernanke is running this country in the ground and I have said that since I learned about economics. Hell read this and tell me how you feel about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernanke_doctrine pay close attention to point 5. :gee:
anthony7812
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Nut/Anthracite

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:35 pm

I gotta agree with William.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: wsherrick On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm

anthony7812 wrote:
wsherrick wrote:The fact that anyone is surprised baffles me. You were told, warned and chose to ignore. These people aren't just your old fashioned fat, greasy fingered, corrupt, greedy union, thug style democrats. These are communist revolutionaries, hell bent on destroying this Nation as it was founded.
It's too late now. Our Nation and Civilization are done for.
50 years of revising history, revising morality, instilling guilt and shame on the people and culture that raised the Western World out of poverty, famine and misery for the common man has done its work. Poverty, famine and misery are going to make a big comeback.
Of course don't believe that either. Be surprised when it comes as well.


Holy cow William glass is half empty kind of guy arent ya. I do very much agree on most of this with you except "Our Nation and Civilization are done for" We have to stay optimistic, things are gonna get worse before they get better. What would be the point anymore if we had no hope? Obama is just a power figurehead, Bush was just a figurehead Im sorry but I say Ben Bernanke is running this country in the ground and I have said that since I learned about economics. Hell read this and tell me how you feel about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernanke_doctrine pay close attention to point 5. :gee:


This is classic, textbook, Keynesian theory. These ideas are what caused the Depression of the '30's to become the, "Great Depression." All Keynesian theorists, of which Bernanke is a model student; base everything on 1933. The idea that somehow Government along with a Central Bank can artificially create economic growth by inflating the money supply. Of course this always, always leads to hyper inflation and the robbing of people directly by reducing the purchasing power of their fiat cash. (i.e paper money) An example of this is an equivalent house that cost $15,000 in 1928 now costs 2 million. Your dollar has lost 98% of its purchasing power since then. The Obama Administration along with the Federal Reserve is purposely devaluing the currency as they pump billions into the stock market. The result is there is no real economic recovery and the end result is disastrous inflation for the average wage earner. This is my understanding of all this.
wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: franco b On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:51 pm

It might be a good thing if it causes the pendulum to swing the other way.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: wsherrick On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:10 pm

The actual mechanics of this Obama Care disaster is bad enough. What you must understand is that it isn't supposed to work. It is supposed to end private insurance and private medicine by making the system totally unworkable. The magic solution is to force a fully socialist system on us.
The biggest point that no one seems to get is that the Government can now directly force you to buy something or participate in something that may be against your best interests or against your will.
This is a fundamental change in the nature of the government as founded. Soon they will be forcing you to do a lot of other things against your will or best interests. This is, to borrow a phrase; changing from the nudge stage of coercion, to the shove stage.
As far as my statement that our Nation is done for, I fully stand by it.
It's not only Obama Care, it the sum total of everything that is rapidly occurring in unison that lead me to that conclusion. Look at the totality of all the events around you and if you are realistic, then there is no other honest conclusion to make.
Of course I'm not going to lay down and die. I will resist as much as I can as an individual. Unless there are millions that will resist also, then it's done.
wsherrick
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: Rwalker On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:57 pm

wsherrick wrote:The fact that anyone is surprised baffles me. You were told, warned and chose to ignore. These people aren't just your old fashioned fat, greasy fingered, corrupt, greedy union, thug style democrats. These are communist revolutionaries, hell bent on destroying this Nation as it was founded.
It's too late now. Our Nation and Civilization are done for.
50 years of revising history, revising morality, instilling guilt and shame on the people and culture that raised the Western World out of poverty, famine and misery for the common man has done its work. Poverty, famine and misery are going to make a big comeback.
Of course don't believe that either. Be surprised when it comes as well.


One of the best things I have read on here. Hit it directly on the head. Especially that last part.

OTSS-Only The Strong Survive. Don't say you weren't warned...

Of course, there will be those who rise from the ashes and help rebuild this great nation. I never question why I push my children to learn the skills I have, to exercise, to excel in academics, to live off the land. I do it because it will be their reality. They will be leaders of men.
Rwalker
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 983

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Of course, there will be those who rise from the ashes and help rebuild this great nation. I never question why I push my children to learn the skills I have, to exercise, to excel in academics, to live off the land. I do it because it will be their reality. They will be leaders of men.


or,

There are too many fleas and not enough dogs as we can now vote ourselves money and that is the end of the republic. Hilliary is already running on a platform of more child care support that's all she needs and she knows it. Show me a libturd who states wait a minute we can't afford this health care mess and it's going to be one sixth of GDP and cripple the country. Dingy Harry is already saying we all will be happy to pay more taxes - nothing changes. Soooooo, too many stupid people for us to survive. It was a good 200 years though and so yet another domino falls in the annals of history. Liberal thinking has now cooked the goose and it is impossible to recover.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: Ed.A On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Just watching, listening to and reading the political "Orwellian Double Speak" makes me shiver in anger, and disbelief. I thought 1984 and Animal Farm were just books, stories based on either future speculation or relevant fears of the time.

I've been reading these books since the 70's and every decade they become more relevant until now...

Now it's "Our Reality".

Politicians Spin, I get that. But combined with such a willing accomplice in the Mass Media (who can 't not report on the anger building) sold us on this massive wealth transfer/Healthcare killing Law to the point where there is a new Definition of Spin.

It's called, Obama/Carney Speak. "Well it's not so much that your losing your healthcare, it's transitioning to the NEW Healthcare that WE DEEM better for you."

Next up.."It's not that we are just letting you die, we're just "Transitioning" you to a "Better Place".
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Obamacare lies

PostBy: lsayre On: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Many people are getting hung up on the clearly trivial and temporal healthcare.gov website deboggle, and many who have no clue will actually be convinced that Obamacare itself has been fixed and is functioning just fine once the website is fixed.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)