Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:06 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11 ... obama-fix/

The House on Friday approved a bill to let insurance companies sell health plans that had previously been canceled due to ObamaCare regulations, a day after President Obama moved unilaterally to fix the problem.

The bill passed 261-157. Thirty-nine Democrats crossed over to support the GOP-backed legislation. (Click for the vote breakdown.)

The bill would go a step further than the plan Obama announced on Thursday, by allowing insurance companies to sell the old plans to customers who previously had them, as well as new customers, for another year. Obama's plan would only apply to those customers enrolled in the plans before the cancellation notices went out.



Obama has painted himself into an even smaller box becsue he has threatened to veto it. He's screwed no matter what he does and the rats are jumping ship.The dems voting for this foresee 2010 all over again and at this point in time unless there is something major I don't think they will turn that tide no matter what they do.

With such broad approval I don't see how dirty Harry can just table this one, he's going to have to do something.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:08 am

I wonder if my senator, Mr Sh*thouse, will call the House Democrats, "hostage takers" like he did to the Republicans a couple dozen times on a Sunday morning show during the shutdown....
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: grumpy On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 am

Yeah, do what... what a mess.. my head is going to explode.. is this real, or what, I am thinking this was a plan, if not are they than inept.
grumpy
 


Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:34 am

grumpy wrote:Yeah, do what... what a mess.. my head is going to explode..


This is more than a mess, it's quickly becoming a catastrophe. Consider these things.

The number of people that have signed up are abysmal and those numbers include many that haven't even paid anything yet. It's very likely many of them are people that are very sick. We don't know what will happen over the next month and half but if I were to guess it's not going to improve. If these numbers do not improve Obamacare will fail for that reason alone becsue for it to work healthy people need to apply for insurance.

The insurance companies are probably going to balk at any fix, they have already done their calculations for rates etc. Accepting payment on existing plans is going to throw a giant wrench in the works.

Those with cancellation notices that number how many millions?... may be faced with either choosing to pay more or drop coverage no matter what Obama or Congress does.

We could end up with less people on insurance when this is all said and done and to top it off will have swapped out healthy people that had their plans cancelled for those that are sick. What's that going to do to insurance rates next year?
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: grumpy On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:55 am

Richard S. wrote:
grumpy wrote:Yeah, do what... what a mess.. my head is going to explode..


This is more than a mess, it's quickly becoming a catastrophe. Consider these things.

The number of people that have signed up are abysmal and those numbers include many that haven't even paid anything yet. It's very likely many of them are people that are very sick. We don't know what will happen over the next month and half but if I were to guess it's not going to improve. If these numbers do not improve Obamacare will fail for that reason alone becsue for it to work healthy people need to apply for insurance.

The insurance companies are probably going to balk at any fix, they have already done their calculations for rates etc. Accepting payment on existing plans is going to throw a giant wrench in the works.

Those with cancellation notices that number how many millions?... may be faced with either choosing to pay more or drop coverage no matter what Obama or Congress does.

We could end up with less people on insurance when this is all said and done and to top it off will have swapped out healthy people that had their plans cancelled for those that are sick. What's that going to do to insurance rates next year?





You got that right Rich, I don't know what to except. And I have to act soon, but things keep changing , I'm at a loss of words now.. :cry:
grumpy
 

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:19 am

I actually see this differently. I see this as the House both covering for and bailing out President Obama for one year. Covering for his unilateral Congress bypassing one year moratorium by giving it the Congressional law legitimacy that it did not previously have. And bailing him out by kicking the can down the road for one more year.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (if I ever get it fixed)

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:19 am

lsayre wrote:I actually see this differently. I see this as the House both covering for and bailing out President Obama for one year. Covering for his unilateral Congress bypassing one year moratorium by giving it the Congressional law legitimacy that it did not previously have. And bailing him out by kicking the can down the road for one more year.


I have to disagree. The ball is now in the Senate's court. Harry Reid isn't going to let this see the sun. He is between that rock and a hard place. This is only going to keep this in the forefront, ticking off more of the people. The House vote was only cast for CYA purposes, to allow the House to say look we did something. They knew it wasn't going anywhere in the Senate.

I learned a new word the other day - "schadenfreude." It's German so don't ask me how to pronounce it. It means the joy one feels at the misfortune or failures of others. It's no secret I've been rooting for Obama's failure from day one. I can't help but break out in a smile at random moments of the day. I'm going to pull up a chair, fix some popcorn and enjoy the show. Then I'm going to continue the fight. Wahoo!
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: dcrane On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 am

lowfog01 wrote:
lsayre wrote:I actually see this differently. I see this as the House both covering for and bailing out President Obama for one year. Covering for his unilateral Congress bypassing one year moratorium by giving it the Congressional law legitimacy that it did not previously have. And bailing him out by kicking the can down the road for one more year.


I have to disagree. The ball is now in the Senate's court. Harry Reid isn't going to let this see the sun. He is between that rock and a hard place. This is only going to keep this in the forefront, ticking off more of the people. The House vote was only cast for CYA purposes, to allow the House to say look we did something. They knew it wasn't going anywhere in the Senate.

I learned a new word the other day - "schadenfreude." It's German so don't ask me how to pronounce it. It means the joy one feels at the misfortune or failures of others. It's no secret I've been rooting for Obama's failure from day one. I can't help but break out in a smile at random moments of the day. I'm going to pull up a chair, fix some popcorn and enjoy the show. Then I'm going to continue the fight. Wahoo!


clearly your independently wealthy toothy because im screwed... my insurance starting in Jan now has a $2000.00 up front cost (meaning I have to pay the first $2k before my medical insurance picks up ANYTHING)... it was already bad... now its worst and that's how insurance companies are seemingly charging more (there just going to make the plans worst than they already are) :cry:
seriously... idk how people make enough to survive anymore :(
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 am

Of course now we have to wait & see exactly what these health insurance companies actually do--I believe it will be NOTHING--does anybody here actually think that no matter what happens in Washington, means anything to them, now that the barn door has been opened wider?????? :(
Last edited by freetown fred on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: cabinover On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:45 am

Just like everything the government does it's always "Hurray for me, F&%$ for you," American people.

The insurance companies already know what they are going to do, unlike the dolts in Washington.
cabinover
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:59 am

Correct me if I am wrong. The way I see this plan, if I am healthy today I could go without ins and pay the fine which this year is only $97.
Now next year I could get sick so I can still sign up and get covered after finding out I am sick. I would save a lot of money not carrying insurance till I get sick.

What gets me is they don't see the flaw there.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: Cap On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 am

Flyer5 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong. The way I see this plan, if I am healthy today I could go without ins and pay the fine which this year is only $97.
Now next year I could get sick so I can still sign up and get covered after finding out I am sick. I would save a lot of money not carrying insurance till I get sick.

What gets me is they don't see the flaw there.



And you only pay the fine through an IRS over payment return. So if you get nothing back, they can't fine you. Rush L spoke bout this one day. So I cannot 100% verify the accuracy.
Cap
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: SMITTY On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:36 am

That's exactly how MA has been doing it. Except they took ALL of my $600+ state return one year .... :mad: :mad: :mad:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:01 pm

SMITTY wrote:That's exactly how MA has been doing it. Except they took ALL of my $600+ state return one year .... :mad: :mad: :mad:


Well it sounds like you need to fill out your W-4 better. :)

Claim Married-9 so they don't take hardly any taxes from you during the year which results in no "return" come April.

Problem solved.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Rut roh... House vote is 261-157 on Obamacare Fix

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:03 pm

On a related note, I've recently been informed that 3 of my fathers doctors will no longer be covered under his insurance.

This is what always happens under price controls, eventually, you can't buy a product for ANY price.

They know it and it's how they will make the plebes beg for single payer.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice