Sorry for the slow/no replies. I'm out of town and all I have to type on is a phone
I ended up running out of time to do anything with the vw
Before we had to leave for Va. and Christmas . I know it's frustrating to try and troubleshoot something and wait for more info and results.
We have been in Va. Since sat and I never got a chance to test out the car before we left. At this point I'm gonna do exhaust gas test first. If positive Ill retest the egr and rule in or out. Next I'm gonna try some HD block repair.If I get a negative exhaust gas test,I'll do the tstat and inspect the water pump .
At this point I strongly suspect the hg as the egr was allegedly ruled out by the stealership and after cooling off overnight there is still serious pressure let off when I open the coolant res. in the am.
Again ,thanx for the help, I do really appreciate it. Don't give up on me I'm gonna get back at it as soon as we get home and my daughter gets her tonsils out on tue.