Tax write off on stoves?

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:04 am

Next thing you know somebody's going to start talking about ALGORE again. Oh wait, I think I just did! :wacko:
al-gore.jpg
(25.33 KiB) Viewed 16 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2902[/nepathumb]
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
coalkirk wrote:No, it's not a BIG OIL conspiracy. It's due to having to satisfy all the demands of the environmental wackos. They are even opposed to the wind turbine generators because some stupid birds might fly into the blades and be killed. I call that natural selection or survival of the smarter species. There is a sizable group of these people whose goal it is to ban the burning of solid fuel. Right now they are focusing on wood burners because there are so many more of them but they'll get around to us coal burners sooner or later.


Good morning coalkirk.....I see it slightly differently than you. (shocking eh?) I think Big Oil is more likely to be behind this for the following reasons:

1. They are a much bigger & more powerful special interest than the environmentalists & thus influence legislation much more aggressively. (Hell......they wrote this country's energy policy....Just get Cheney's secret files which are under subpeana)
2. Big Oil stands to lose alot more if oil use really declines in this country.
3. I don't remember either Bush or Cheney being the children of rich environmentalist families. (Seems to me the Bush family made its vast fortune in something else.........hmmmm.....was it maple syrup.....I forget??)


Good morning Devil, my liberal friend. No, I'm not shocked that we see it differently. :lol: You know, it's now very plain to me that you are left of Ted Kennedy and I'm right of Atilla the hun and that when the discusion is political, we will never agree. Why don't we focus on somethings we can agree on like;
1. Harman
2. coal
3. warm is good
4. beer should be cold (hope I didn't blow it with this one, I was pretty sure we'd agree about the first 3) :beer:

We might need each other some day when the environmetal wacko's try to make us stop burning coal. :cheers:
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:07 pm

coalkirk wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:
coalkirk wrote:No, it's not a BIG OIL conspiracy. It's due to having to satisfy all the demands of the environmental wackos. They are even opposed to the wind turbine generators because some stupid birds might fly into the blades and be killed. I call that natural selection or survival of the smarter species. There is a sizable group of these people whose goal it is to ban the burning of solid fuel. Right now they are focusing on wood burners because there are so many more of them but they'll get around to us coal burners sooner or later.


Good morning coalkirk.....I see it slightly differently than you. (shocking eh?) I think Big Oil is more likely to be behind this for the following reasons:

1. They are a much bigger & more powerful special interest than the environmentalists & thus influence legislation much more aggressively. (Hell......they wrote this country's energy policy....Just get Cheney's secret files which are under subpeana)
2. Big Oil stands to lose alot more if oil use really declines in this country.
3. I don't remember either Bush or Cheney being the children of rich environmentalist families. (Seems to me the Bush family made its vast fortune in something else.........hmmmm.....was it maple syrup.....I forget??)


Good morning Devil, my liberal friend. No, I'm not shocked that we see it differently. :lol: You know, it's now very plain to me that you are left of Ted Kennedy and I'm right of Atilla the hun and that when the discusion is political, we will never agree. Why don't we focus on somethings we can agree on like;
1. Harman
2. coal
3. warm is good
4. beer should be cold (hope I didn't blow it with this one, I was pretty sure we'd agree about the first 3) :beer:

We might need each other some day when the environmetal wacko's try to make us stop burning coal. :cheers:




Beer should be cold!!! You're kidding me!!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:28 pm

OK! We're making real progress. Have one on me while you watch the Pats and Chargers today.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:44 pm

coalkirk wrote:Good morning Devil, my liberal friend. No, I'm not shocked that we see it differently. :lol: You know, it's now very plain to me that you are left of Ted Kennedy


Did you say Ted Kennedy?????
ted_kennedy_hooters.jpg
(40.37 KiB) Viewed 17 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2905[/nepathumb]
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:
coalkirk wrote:Good morning Devil, my liberal friend. No, I'm not shocked that we see it differently. :lol: You know, it's now very plain to me that you are left of Ted Kennedy


Did you say Ted Kennedy?????
The attachment ted_kennedy_hooters.jpg is no longer available



I thought he said George Bush
Attachments
bush.gif
bush.gif (71.96 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=2908]bush.gif[/nepafile]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: av8r On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm

No offense, but my question was sincere. If you guys feel the need to talk politics, take it to another thread. I was seeking answers, not political opinions.

Thanks!
av8r
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:14 pm

av8r wrote:No offense, but my question was sincere. If you guys feel the need to talk politics, take it to another thread. I was seeking answers, not political opinions.

Thanks!


I think we all started to joke around because your question was answered & that answer is no, you cant legaly deduct coal stove expenses.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Dallas On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Ahhh! ... However, if you run a business out of your house, you can take a certain percentage of heat, electricity, etc.. ..."sometimes", "once in awhile", "now and then".
Dallas
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air
Stove/Furnace Make: Russo
Stove/Furnace Model: Modified C-35

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:55 pm

coalkirk wrote:OK! We're making real progress. Have one on me while you watch the Pats and Chargers today.


I did enjoy the Pats game coalkirk...Thanks.
(even though the only one playing for the Pats today was Maroney!)
By the way, I see your signature is a quote from my favorite statesman of all time...Winston Churchill.......I even named my dog after him...Winston.

(one of my favorite quotes from him...there are so many..... was this on a lighter note:
Winston was always arguing with Lady Astor,(a lady of some prominence in England at the time. She once wrote to Winston ending with ...."If you were my husband sir, I would poison you!"

Winston's response: "if you were my wife Lady Astor.....I would drink it."
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:43 am

That one is priceless and also one of my favorites. I also like the one where some woman told him he was drunk and he said yes, but in the morning I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly. :lol:

Yea, the tax write off question was asked and answered and we veered off topic. I suppose you could deduct a portion for home office heat, BUT, my accountant told me to stay away from the home office deduction as it triggers alot of audits. I really do have a full time home office but do not use that deduction for that reason.

Two great games yesterday. I was rooting for the chargers and packers so neither went my way. Oh well.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 am

coalkirk wrote:That one is priceless and also one of my favorites. I also like the one where some woman told him he was drunk and he said yes, but in the morning I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly. :lol:

Yea, the tax write off question was asked and answered and we veered off topic. I suppose you could deduct a portion for home office heat, BUT, my accountant told me to stay away from the home office deduction as it triggers alot of audits. I really do have a full time home office but do not use that deduction for that reason.

Two great games yesterday. I was rooting for the chargers and packers so neither went my way. Oh well.




...." I also like the one where some woman told him he was drunk and he said yes, but in the morning I'll be sober and you'll still be ugly.".....
Another great one!! (I think that was also directed at Lady Astor)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: ginski On: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 am

i received a $200 tax credit for my 2006 taxes when i purchased the harman mag stoker in sept. 2006. my accountant wasn't sure it would go thru, but it did.

tom
ginski
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: magnum stoker

Re: Tax write off on stoves?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:18 am

ginski wrote:i received a $200 tax credit for my 2006 taxes when i purchased the harman mag stoker in sept. 2006. my accountant wasn't sure it would go thru, but it did.

tom


I used to work for the IRS. Just because a deduction goes through does not mean it is legal. It probably was just not selected for audit. (shhhhhhhh)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Visit Lehigh Anthracite