Today I went out and got 1.4 ton of rice coal. To my suprize, it was crowded! I had to wait in the street for a while! I've never seen a crowd at a coal suplier before.
Anyway, I also went and got more plumbing supplies. I plumbed the PEX to the heatexchanger with shuttoffs and temp gauges. On the return side I installed a "T" with a ball valve to bleed the air out when filling that long run of PEX. I also installed a Temp/Pressure gauge in the return. This way I should have a very good idea of what is happening in that zone, weather I'm in the garage or in the basement.
I wired the blower in the Alaska 140 to a relay controled by the house thermostat. I still need to do the same with the zone pump, it is currently running all the time.
Well thats it! A little more wiring and more supports for the PEX along the ceiling and it will be done, for now.
My house, garage and breezeway are now being heated by one central boiler! The Alaska 140 is shutdown now. the ugly old Alaska in the garage has been shutdown for 2 weeks now.
I only have ONE hopper to fill!!!!!!!!!!!
Agian, thank you all for your help on this project, I never would have made it without you.