Also, I'm apprehensive about propane and the people that handle it.http://www.njherald.com/335068442036031.php
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=57448
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
From the New Jersey Herald:
after Franklin explosion
A propane explosion on Feb. 10 at 2 p.m. at a mobile home in Franklin claimed the life of a Hardyston firefighter and displaced the home's inhabitants.
The explosion at Woodbine Avenue was apparently caused by a propane delivery company's failure to disconnect a delivery hose before its truck pulled away. Leaking gas was ignited, sparking the fire.
William "Bill" Pierce, 53, a 26-year firefighter, died after suffering a heart attack after fighting the fire. He is survived by his wife, Barbara, and two sons.
Ferrellgas delivered 36 gallons of propane to a 200-pound cylinder at the mobile home owned by Daryl and Joy Martin. Their home was completely leveled by the explosion and fire, causing them to move in temporarily with their daughter.
After the propane explosion, the company paid a $13,500 fine imposed by the Department of Community Affairs for failing to make sure the truck's driver, Richard Heffernan, was properly trained and certified."