Christmas for Us

Christmas for Us

PostBy: wilder11354 On: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:36 pm

well momma and i don't have a lot of time to go out a lot, both work either 5 or 6 days a week. So i bought a toshibe 40" led HD tv and a sony HD wifi(smart) blu ray player. Now when we want, we can make popcorn and relax watching a movie via internet download. cheaper than traveling to movie theater and prices they charge anymore. So what if they're a year old or so.. still haven't seen most of them.
wilder11354
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: michaelanthony On: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm

[quote="wilder11354"]well momma and i don't have a lot of time to go out a lot, both work either 5 or 6 days a week. So i bought a toshibe 40" led HD tv and a sony HD wifi(smart) blu ray player. Now when we want, we can make popcorn and relax watching a movie via internet download. cheaper than traveling to movie theater and prices they charge anymore. So what if they're a year old or so.. still haven't seen most of them.[/quote]

:funny: laughin' with ya' bro. Me and the Mrs. do the samething, Netflix is cool and if it wasn't for football and baseball I won't have cable!
michaelanthony
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box, vogelzang pot belly coat rack
Coal Size/Type: Pea, and a little nut
Other Heating: Very cold FHA oil furnace

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 pm

I'd say You and The Bride really used your heads on this one ! I'm thinking that at Home,you've got access to World Class,Top Notch Bathroom Experiences! :flush: You're not getting raped for Hot Buttered Popcorn. No one opened their car door into yours out in the parking lot. No inconsiderate People. No Juvenile Belch and/or Fart Contests. No one's contaminating the area by dropping an S.B.D. No Snoring,Bickering,Arguing,sticky Floors or Seats.......Yeah,I think you've done well on this one ! toothy :yes: :gee:
Hambden Bob
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !


Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: Horace On: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 pm

Haven't gone to a theater in years. The cinemas around here are awful anyway. I lost my taste for the "movie experience" a long time ago. Wire up some surround sound and you'll never want to leave.

michaelanthony wrote: :funny: laughin' with ya' bro. Me and the Mrs. do the samething, Netflix is cool and if it wasn't for football and baseball I won't have cable!


http://www.serioussportstv.net
(You didn't hear that from me)
Horace
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman ST8-VF8 / Frankenstove

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: mmcoal On: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:05 am

I cut cable a couple of years ago and dish didn't offer the couple of channels we watched in their lower packages so now it's just a roof top antenna for local news and $8 a month for Netflix. What I pay for phone, internet and tv is less than what most people I know spend on a cell phone each month.
mmcoal
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: Rob R. On: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:41 pm

I got my mom and dad setup with a Roku box and Netflix, they really enjoy it.
Rob R.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:34 pm

mmcoal wrote:I cut cable a couple of years ago and dish didn't offer the couple of channels we watched in their lower packages so now it's just a roof top antenna for local news and $8 a month for Netflix. What I pay for phone, internet and tv is less than what most people I know spend on a cell phone each month.



I have been cable less and dish less for a few yrs. I almost succumbed a few weeks ago but came back to my senses. Probably because of no longer smoking. Besides now all the shows I missed 2yrs ago are just starting to come on Netflix.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: dcrane On: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:00 am

Hambden Bob wrote:I'd say You and The Bride really used your heads on this one ! I'm thinking that at Home,you've got access to World Class,Top Notch Bathroom Experiences! :flush: You're not getting raped for Hot Buttered Popcorn. No one opened their car door into yours out in the parking lot. No inconsiderate People. No Juvenile Belch and/or Fart Contests. No one's contaminating the area by dropping an S.B.D. No Snoring,Bickering,Arguing,sticky Floors or Seats.......Yeah,I think you've done well on this one ! toothy :yes: :gee:


and no nut case in a Joker outfit!
dcrane
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:05 am

^^^ That theater was a GUN FREE zone ... otherwise it would've never happened.

Careful what you say around that new TV - I hear they're all bugged now .... http://lastresistance.com/4200/nsa-inte ... t-spyware/

:roll: :roll: :roll:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Christmas for Us

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:19 pm

SMITTY wrote:^^^ That theater was a GUN FREE zone ... otherwise it would've never happened.

Careful what you say around that new TV - I hear they're all bugged now .... http://lastresistance.com/4200/nsa-inte ... t-spyware/

:roll: :roll: :roll:


When they start rounding people up I will probably be one of the first to mysteriously disappear.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer