That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: av8r On: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:
Honeymooners21.JPG



Helllloooooooooo ballll!
av8r
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hearth model with twin turbos

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Islander On: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Devil,

I was one who recommended buying from the supplier you used. I've burned over 5 tons of said coal in the last 2+ years and have never had such a problem. That coal is the 3rd supplier I've tried, and it's by far the best I've used. Sorry to hear of such problems. Maybe it's just bad luck.

Don't know if I'd mess with the guys there in Brockton, kind of a rough area.
Islander
 

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Dallas On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:06 am

Does anybody know if all coal is cleaned with magnetite slurry? If so, how does the trash get through to the consumer?
Dallas
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air
Stove/Furnace Make: Russo
Stove/Furnace Model: Modified C-35


Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: bksaun On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:15 am

I doubt it, considering all the Mexicans we have in the country!

:idea: If you guy's are short I can send some your way....

BK
bksaun
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid, Gentleman Janitor GJ-6RSU/ EFM 700
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Pea Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer/ EFM-Gentleman Janitor
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert/ 700/GJ-62

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Richard S. On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:43 am

Dallas wrote:Does anybody know if all coal is cleaned with magnetite slurry? If so, how does the trash get through to the consumer?


Magnetite is integral part of the separation process, It's not used to clean the coal. There should not be much at all, they attempt to recover as much as possible for reuse. Once the coal is separated from the rock its sent to a sizing house which uses plain water for sizing. At that point you pretty much have a perfectly clean piece of sized coal. In most cases its washed even again right before its loaded into the delivery truck because it breaks up a little, falling onto the pile, loader moving it around etc. The final wash may not be the case for bagged coal.

The problem he's exhibiting is usually just from the coal itself. I may look great, burn great but is useless because of the clinkers.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:36 am

Got it cleaned out & found a couple of clinkers. (pics attached)
Not as bad as I thought so maybe I'll just have to adjust my shake down techniques to this coal. Still doesn't burn as cleanly as Blaschak & I don't like the binding feeling when shaking down.
Attachments
DSCF0003.JPG
(158.95 KiB) Viewed 76 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2988[/nepathumb]
DSCF0004.JPG
(157.59 KiB) Viewed 54 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]2989[/nepathumb]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 am

Looks similar to the pics I posted. I would say lots of impurities in that coal. That's why I've been sticking to pea size, as I mentioned before, the crappy pieces are smaller and easier to clear, unless they get together and have a clinker party and stick together!
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: e.alleg On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm almost due for more coal, I'm going to try a couple tons of Blaschak this time around. I've been using almost 150 pounds a day recently with our cold snap so it's going fast, my manly huge pile of coal bags is such a weakling looking pile now.
e.alleg
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: boilerman On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:21 pm

I truly believe it is because they have Santa Clause on the bag. It's magic dust.
boilerman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker boiler

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Dano On: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:43 pm

hey devil
I've used eastern ice for 3 yrs and this year I was not happy with the product so I switched but the guys up their are good guys they know nothing about coal they just bag it and sell it they tell me they get it in bulk from blaschak maybe they got a bad load of nut when I use their pea size I have had no problems and if you use stove size they sell it in the santa bags
good luck!
Dan
Dano
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman mk1

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: sandman On: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Dano wrote:hey devil
I've used eastern ice for 3 yrs and this year I was not happy with the product so I switched but the guys up their are good guys they know nothing about coal they just bag it and sell it they tell me they get it in bulk from blaschak maybe they got a bad load of nut when I use their pea size I have had no problems and if you use stove size they sell it in the santa bags
good luck!
Dan



where are you getting it from now?

i need to find a closer place to get bulk rice.

right now the closest place i've found is in the western part of ma.

jim
sandman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000, mark III sf150&250

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: spc On: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:45 pm

sandman wrote:where are you getting it from now?
i need to find a closer place to get bulk rice.
right now the closest place i've found is in the western part of ma.
jim
If you are not far from RI, Cranston Coal has bagged Blaschak. I bought bulk $210 a ton back in November. I don't know if their bulk is Blaschak, I seem to get alot of ash.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 pm

I just got off the phone with Eastern Ice & Coal after advising them of the problems I have had & some of the other feedback from this forum. The guy I talked with said they haven't had any complaints this year & I told him I wasn't looking for anything but just advising them of the problems I have had. He was very agreeable & offered to take it back but I'm not about to drag 3/4 ton of coal back. I'll just burn off what I have left. Waste of a call.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: coalstoves On: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Devil5052 wrote:I just got off the phone with Eastern Ice & Coal after advising them of the problems I have had & some of the other feedback from this forum. The guy I talked with said they haven't had any complaints this year & I told him I wasn't looking for anything but just advising them of the problems I have had. He was very agreeable & offered to take it back but I'm not about to drag 3/4 ton of coal back. I'll just burn off what I have left. Waste of a call.


Dont feel bad that is exactly almost word for word how it plays out here also just a few miles from the source .

I'll loan ya my Been There Done That T-shirt :D
coalstoves
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman and Liberty
Stove/Furnace Model: Magnum and Victory 700

Re: That's It- Stick With Blaschak!

PostBy: sandman On: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm

spc wrote:
sandman wrote:where are you getting it from now?
i need to find a closer place to get bulk rice.
right now the closest place i've found is in the western part of ma.
jim
If you are not far from RI, Cranston Coal has bagged Blaschak. I bought bulk $210 a ton back in November. I don't know if their bulk is Blaschak, I seem to get alot of ash.



thanks, it's closer but i was hoping for something closer to brockton

jim
sandman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: VF3000, mark III sf150&250