Well, whenever someone asks these types of questions, there is a sort of checklist you'll need to review before any cost effective answer can be made.
1). How big is your current oil fired boiler?
2). Did you struggle with load on very cold days?
3). What is the heat loss of your dwelling? http://www.builditsolar.com/References/ ... atLoss.htm
Use that link, follow the associated links to determine the type of construction you have, be as accurate as possible, and apply your results towards what you know of your current energy consumption to make sure you're in the same ballpark. We're getting much colder temps this year, so it wouldn't hurt to run your base calculation a few degrees colder than suggested.
4). How much radiation do you have in your home? You said baseboard, how many feet?
5). How much room in the basement for the new boiler?
6). How much are you willing to spend?
7). Do you have room for a coal bin?
8). Do you have a good location for a handfired appliance, one where you can evenly distribute the heat?
Sting not sure what happen I replied to this, but internet evils must have ate it, so I will try again.
I am sorry that I did not see this before, but I will try to answer the questions
1. I do not have a boiler I have a forced air oil burner aprox 180,000 btu
2. We have not ran the furnace during winter in over 10 years, but it had no problem heating the house as long as you feed it lots of money.
3. I used the calculator not sure what it means, but here are the results. I figured all the calcs extreme UA BTU/Hr F 764, Design Loss BTU Hr 45,840 Yearly Loss Million BTY Year 137.5 It seams like if I were losing 45,840 Btu and hour the 65,000 btu Hitzer would not keep up
4. I do not have any radiation, forced air
5. There is no room in the basement for the boiler and chimney, the plan is to put it in the attached garage.
6. I have the opportunity to buy a K-AA-2 for about $2,000. If that is to small I will look at other makes and models.
7. I am not installing a coal bin
8. I already have a handfired stove, that is the one I will be replacing
I hope this helps