Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Old octopus style with kidney 500.00: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/for/4899911488.html
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:50 pm

'Prizer Perfect' coal range 700.00 http://allentown.craigslist.org/for/4899029970.html

Cash or trade.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: grumpy On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:56 pm

SWPaDon wrote:Another 'pot belly' 'woodburner' 750.00: http://mansfield.craigslist.org/for/4900830837.html



Yeah, there all pot belly's, This stove is missing many parts.
grumpy
 


Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:59 pm

'Square type' parlor stove 650.00: http://lexington.craigslist.org/atq/4899860718.html
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:00 pm

SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Favorite Stove 'coal oven' very interesting piece 750.00: http://louisville.craigslist.org/for/4898318619.html
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: Pauliewog On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:06 pm

Photog200 wrote:
Pauliewog wrote:"Magic Andes" .........Randy?

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/atq/4890448575.html

Paulie


This stove is interesting, according to the catalog I have on Andes, the Magic is just a return flue. In these photos, it sure does look like a base burner.

Randy


Comparing both models and looking at the rope style casting on the sides i would say its the Plain Magic..
Since that is the only model they built with a rear oven.the base burner function may be bottom of the oven vs the bottom of the ash bin.

Paulie
Pauliewog
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Dual Paddle Feed
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Pittston Stove
Baseburners & Antiques: Fame Rosemont #20, Dickson Oak, Golden Oak, Happy Thought Oak, 1913 Herald Oak#16, (2)Comfort Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Chesnut, Pea, Rice / Anthracite

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:11 pm

No pics, Glenwood wood/coal stove 400.00: http://greenville.craigslist.org/app/4900310748.html
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: Photog200 On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:20 pm

@Pauliewog, now I see, that is an oven on the back. It is missing the finial and foot rails, these stoves are pretty rare and the parts would be hard to find. I would also agree with coalnewbie, the price of $1,200.00 is way to high with the pieces missing. No photos showing the insides either.

Randy
Photog200
 
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & Geneva Oak Andes #517
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: Sunny Boy On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:21 pm

SWPaDon wrote:Favorite Stove 'coal oven' very interesting piece 750.00: http://louisville.craigslist.org/for/4898318619.html


An early "cook stove" type, but not sure it'll burn coal. That bottom pan grate looks like the wood only kind. But still kinda neat for a stove to cook on in a small "get away" cabin !

Paul
Sunny Boy
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:35 pm

SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:01 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
SWPaDon wrote:Favorite Stove 'coal oven' very interesting piece 750.00: http://louisville.craigslist.org/for/4898318619.html


An early "cook stove" type, but not sure it'll burn coal. That bottom pan grate looks like the wood only kind. But still kinda neat for a stove to cook on in a small "get away" cabin !

Paul

That's why I put 'coal oven' the way I did. Seller describes it as coal, but like you say, it doesn't look like it.

I'm glad to see people are looking at the stoves I'm posting.

I also noticed that several stoves were listed since I looked on CL yesterday, along with some real good prices.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: Smokeyja On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:54 pm

SWPaDon wrote:That's why I put 'coal oven' the way I did. Seller describes it as coal, but like you say, it doesn't look like it.

I'm glad to see people are looking at the stoves I'm posting.

I also noticed that several stoves were listed since I looked on CL yesterday, along with some real good prices.


You are on a roll! These are good deals too! I sure wish I was up for some trips . I probably would have already snagged the sunny cool stove .
Smokeyja
 
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite

Re: Boilers/Stoves on Craigslist and Other Sites

PostBy: SWPaDon On: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Smokeyja wrote:
SWPaDon wrote:That's why I put 'coal oven' the way I did. Seller describes it as coal, but like you say, it doesn't look like it.

I'm glad to see people are looking at the stoves I'm posting.

I also noticed that several stoves were listed since I looked on CL yesterday, along with some real good prices.


You are on a roll! These are good deals too! I sure wish I was up for some trips . I probably would have already snagged the sunny cool stove .

I was surprised at some of the ones I found today. I'm just hoping that a forum member can utilize the info and get the stove they wanted, or.......help a friend out by looking at (and/or picking one up) for them.
SWPaDon
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace that hasn't been fired in 14 years