coalkirk and titleist1, thank you for contributing.
Here's an updated version of the warning I sketched up this morning..
There has been many reports of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning in the media this winter. In every case, a detector would have saved lives. Any appliance that burns fossil fuels such as natural gas, propane, fuel oil, kerosene, coal, fire wood or wood pellets, can produce Carbon Monoxide.. An attached garage containing an idling car, a running generator or operational heating appliance may expel Carbon Monoxide that can infiltrate your home. Carbon Monoxide is a toxic odorless gas that replaces Oxygen in the bloodstream which can lead to death. The cost of a detector is insignificant as compared to the loss of loved ones. Use Carbon Monoxide detectors...
I have 12 "likes" on my FaceBook post since this morning so at least people are seeing it
.. I talked to one of my customers this morning that saw my post. He doesn't have a CO detector. He plans to change that.
Another thing that blows my mind is that in the reports of CO poisoning, the media doesn't convey to any degree how important it is to use detectors..