Help me identify my Russo stove

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: coalnewbie On: Sat May 03, 2014 7:32 pm

I don't know nothin' about Russo stove s... sorry. However, I love your decoration tastes and I am sure yo will be warm and cozy.
coalnewbie
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93,
Baseburners & Antiques: Invader 2 Wings Best, Glenwood #8 + Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice, Chestnut
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Lightning On: Sat May 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Yeah looks good partner. Some might say its still a little short in relation to the peak, but the only way to find out for sure is try it. You plan to burn anthracite? I would recommend a manometer be installed so you can see if the draft trends towards a failure or stays good. Warm weather burning maybe tough to keep draft. :)
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Size Mix

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Studiiovette On: Sat May 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Lightning wrote:Yeah looks good partner. Some might say its still a little short in relation to the peak, but the only way to find out for sure is try it. You plan to burn anthracite? I would recommend a manometer be installed so you can see if the draft trends towards a failure or stays good. Warm weather burning maybe tough to keep draft. :)


Have not decided what I am gonna burn yet but I guess the whole point of doing this was to try some coal but being that I am surrounded by wood and have a really good supply I will prob be using both. This is also just a vaca home so I will not be there all the time. Usually only on weekends and holidays.
Studiiovette
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW2

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Lightning On: Sat May 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Oh, well I'd say that's a good wood application then.. :)
Beautiful place ya got there!!
Lightning
 
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1537G
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Stove Size Mix

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Studiiovette On: Sat May 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Lightning wrote:Oh, well I'd say that's a good wood application then.. :)
Beautiful place ya got there!!


Thank you !
Studiiovette
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW2

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Studiiovette On: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Update.

Here we are. The chilly weather has returned to the north east and I light my stove up for the 1st time since fixing the chimney and what a world of a difference! :D Time to experiment with some coal as well.

Had another question for one of you guys with the Russos. I just noticed the little sliding doors on the ash compartment door. What are the purpose of these?
Studiiovette
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW2

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: McGiever On: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Studiiovette wrote:Update.

Here we are. The chilly weather has returned to the north east and I light my stove up for the 1st time since fixing the chimney and what a world of a difference! :D Time to experiment with some coal as well.

Had another question for one of you guys with the Russos. I just noticed the little sliding doors on the ash compartment door. What are the purpose of these?


Have you looked in the Manual?

Russo Manual
McGiever
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN MAGNUM
Hand Fed Coal Stove: RADIANT HOME AIR BLAST
Baseburners & Antiques: OUR GLENWOOD 111 BASEBURNER "1908"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE, NUT-STOVE / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek

Re: Help me identify my Russo stove

PostBy: Studiiovette On: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:36 pm

^ got it!

Thanks
Studiiovette
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo CW2

Visit Hitzer Stoves