Gun Rights... Discuss...

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:18 pm

jpete wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Most people ( At least I hope this to be true ) that carry also have or show more self control. At least that seems to be the case for people I know that carry , including myself. I find if I stop at a bar and am carrying I may have 1 beer then the rest just soda. I also find I will avoid conflict or confrontation. I do not participate in road rage . Its just not worth it. I doubt if crime will not do anything except decrease in GA.


Because most people with legal carry permits don't want the government to revoke the permit.

Criminals don't have that problem.


Bingo, Criminals also don't like an even playing field.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Davian On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:54 am

grumpy wrote:Second Amendment Victory: Georgia Governor Signs Historic Gun Rights Bill

The new law, called the “Safe Carry Protection Act”, vastly expands where guns will be allowed in the state.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/second-a ... ill_042014


There is zero chance that allowing guns in bars will have any negative consequences. If its one thing I've learned over the years, mixing guns and alcohol is always a smart move.
Davian
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Davian On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:57 am

Flyer5 wrote:Most people ( At least I hope this to be true ) that carry also have or show more self control. At least that seems to be the case for people I know that carry , including myself. I find if I stop at a bar and am carrying I may have 1 beer then the rest just soda. I also find I will avoid conflict or confrontation. I do not participate in road rage . Its just not worth it. I doubt if crime will not do anything except decrease in GA.


Like that guy that gunned down someone in a movie theater for throwing popcorn at him.

That was definitely a reasonable response to a threat there...from a retired cop no less. Perhaps the popcorn was buttered and he had heart disease?
Davian
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel


Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:28 am

Davian wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Most people ( At least I hope this to be true ) that carry also have or show more self control. At least that seems to be the case for people I know that carry , including myself. I find if I stop at a bar and am carrying I may have 1 beer then the rest just soda. I also find I will avoid conflict or confrontation. I do not participate in road rage . Its just not worth it. I doubt if crime will not do anything except decrease in GA.


Like that guy that gunned down someone in a movie theater for throwing popcorn at him.

That was definitely a reasonable response to a threat there...from a retired cop no less. Perhaps the popcorn was buttered and he had heart disease?


You just made a valid point. Cops should not be the only ones trusted to have guns. They are people and citizens just like you and I so there will be good and bad with them as well. They should not be above the people.
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Davian On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 am

Flyer5 wrote:
You just made a valid point. Cops should not be the only ones trusted to have guns. They are people and citizens just like you and I so there will be good and bad with them as well. They should not be above the people.


He wasnt a cop, he was retired.

I have no issue at all with having guns...I'm an ardent supporter of the 2nd amendment. I do not, however, see issues with some basic restrictions like "no gun in a bar". I dont see that as a real infringement of rights given the possible safety concerns. For example, I sure as hell wouldnt want some people I know drinking with a loaded gun on their hip. One exception to this law that is important, IMHO, is the part where it says that bar owners can still ban firearms in their business so you still wouldn't be able to carry if you wanted to drink/eat there. I see no issue with that.

I dont also see reasonable restictions along the lines of mental health issues (with an appropriate codified screening process for that, not just a "one doctor said you had Depression 10 years ago so no gun for you) to avoid certain wackadoos from ever owning a firearm...same with people like convicted felons.

I think both sides tend to get a bit extreme on this issue as its such a hot-button issue overall.
Davian
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Morso
Stove/Furnace Model: 1410 Squirrel

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Davian wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:
You just made a valid point. Cops should not be the only ones trusted to have guns. They are people and citizens just like you and I so there will be good and bad with them as well. They should not be above the people.


He wasnt a cop, he was retired.

I have no issue at all with having guns...I'm an ardent supporter of the 2nd amendment. I do not, however, see issues with some basic restrictions like "no gun in a bar". I dont see that as a real infringement of rights given the possible safety concerns. For example, I sure as hell wouldnt want some people I know drinking with a loaded gun on their hip. One exception to this law that is important, IMHO, is the part where it says that bar owners can still ban firearms in their business so you still wouldn't be able to carry if you wanted to drink/eat there. I see no issue with that.

I dont also see reasonable restictions along the lines of mental health issues (with an appropriate codified screening process for that, not just a "one doctor said you had Depression 10 years ago so no gun for you) to avoid certain wackadoos from ever owning a firearm...same with people like convicted felons.

I think both sides tend to get a bit extreme on this issue as its such a hot-button issue overall.


NY allows retired cops more 2a freedoms than the rest of the populace.

I agree with you business should have a right to post anything they want. Here is ours at Leisure Line.

firearms welcome.jpg
(76.14 KiB) Viewed 1 time
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]51037[/nepathumb]
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: olpanrider On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:13 pm

please someone show me where they are legalizing drinking and carrying?


there's a big difference between "drinking in a establishment " and " being in a drinking establishment "


this whole "OMG there going to allow guns in bars are they crazy" is a knee jerk reaction. just like when they first started debating ccw permits " OMG there's going to be gunfights and shootings at every traffic accident like the OK corral"


speaking of movie theaters. its so much better when they have no way to defend themselves while some nut who thinks hes a character in batman goes on a shooting spree with no return fire. amazingly enough shooting sprees end when the perps are confronted with a gun. its just up to us to try and beg for our lives till the liberal approved gun shows up.
olpanrider
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Juniata

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: Vampiro On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:26 pm

First off, how would someone feel if they needed a permit to exercise their right to free speech. What If they taxed the speech? What if they required $390 every year so one can maintain their right to speak freely? How would someone feel if politicians made certain forms of speech illegal? History has shown registration leads to confiscation.

This is a matter of property rights. If an establishment so chooses to allow individuals to carry, that is their business. How many individuals would go to the establishment if there were shoot outs that occurred frequently? Who would even insure the place?

So if an individual is intimidated by armed individuals, then they needn't do business in that place and can go to a place that disallows firearms.
Vampiro
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson S260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: #45 BAD HWH
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk1
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite, Pea Coal
Other Heating: POS gas boiler

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Davian wrote:
Flyer5 wrote:Most people ( At least I hope this to be true ) that carry also have or show more self control. At least that seems to be the case for people I know that carry , including myself. I find if I stop at a bar and am carrying I may have 1 beer then the rest just soda. I also find I will avoid conflict or confrontation. I do not participate in road rage . Its just not worth it. I doubt if crime will not do anything except decrease in GA.


Like that guy that gunned down someone in a movie theater for throwing popcorn at him.

That was definitely a reasonable response to a threat there...from a retired cop no less. Perhaps the popcorn was buttered and he had heart disease?


You mean the cop that passed a background check and a mental health test? Those work like a charm don't they?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: DieselBob On: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:49 pm

Vampiro wrote:First off, how would someone feel if they needed a permit to exercise their right to free speech. What If they taxed the speech? What if they required $390 every year so one can maintain their right to speak freely? How would someone feel if politicians made certain forms of speech illegal? History has shown registration leads to confiscation.

There you go using common sense. I would love to see a federal legislator tack on a amendment to the next federal funding bill that requires all voters to undergo a background check and have a “Voter Registration License” with picture and finger prints to vote. And this must be paid for out of their own pocket and they must take time off from work to go to the local police department to file the paperwork and have the fingerprints done. What is reasonable for one right is reasonable for another. Now sit back and watch the liberals heads explode...
Last edited by DieselBob on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieselBob
 

Re: Gun Rights... Discuss...

PostBy: davidmcbeth3 On: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:04 am

Vampiro wrote:First off, how would someone feel if they needed a permit to exercise their right to free speech. What If they taxed the speech? What if they required $390 every year so one can maintain their right to speak freely? How would someone feel if politicians made certain forms of speech illegal? .



Great?


Damn, wrong answer !!!!!!
davidmcbeth3
 
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 503