Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Here's a picture of the shaker grate all the way over to one side. It "twists" the other way too. Basically, it pivots on that "X" you can see below the grate.

Image
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:52 am

That's better than stationary but it's still not great, not much movement there. Only thing I can suggest is giving it harder shakes. e.g bang it around a bit assuming its sturdy enough for that but I wouldn't go overboard.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: jpete On: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm

I just put the new seals on the doors so I think I'll fire it up and try it. Worst I can do is waste a bucket of coal.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: xackley On: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 pm

jpete wrote:I just put the new seals on the doors so I think I'll fire it up and try it. Worst I can do is waste a bucket of coal.


How did the bucket of coal do.
I read this stove is only 5k btu, Is it really that small.
xackley
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:36 pm

xackley wrote:
jpete wrote:I just put the new seals on the doors so I think I'll fire it up and try it. Worst I can do is waste a bucket of coal.


How did the bucket of coal do.
I read this stove is only 5k btu, Is it really that small.


I haven't gotten to fire it up just yet. I don't know how many Btu's it puts out, the data plate on the back says 8000 watts, IIRC. Anyone know the conversion?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Quality of coal? Weso Stove Troubles

PostBy: coalstoves On: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:57 pm

jpete wrote:
xackley wrote:I haven't gotten to fire it up just yet. I don't know how many Btu's it puts out, the data plate on the back says 8000 watts, IIRC. Anyone know the conversion?


27,312 BTU

W x 3.414 = BTU
coalstoves
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman and Liberty
Stove/Furnace Model: Magnum and Victory 700

Visit Hitzer Stoves