I certainly wasn't planning on waiting until my old supply of coal ran all,but when i called my farmer friend,he was sick,his truck had scrap metal on it & the truck needed to be inspected b4 running for coal. Oh,and then when he & his truck were ready, we got that 18-20" of snow & 3-4 days of terrible wind,which required plowing 2 times each day just to keep the drive open.I was on the phone with fifthg several times to see when it would best suit all of us to get this load of coal & Fri was THE day & it turned out to be a very nice day for the job. Lots of sunshine with just a lite breeze @48* made for a pleasant time to set up the auger,unload & then put the auger away again.My son had off from his work ,so he was able to help me with this whole process as well. I wouldn't have been able to do it by myself,so i had to work around his schedule as well.
I had thought about running to our local coal yard to pick up 1/2 ton or so,but put it off & am now glad i didn't go that route.
Changing coal brands can lead to one needing to change feed/air ratio on the stoker & i didn't want to have to fool with that.
They say that "All is well that ends well". I am happy that the whole process went smoothly yesterday & no more worries about my coal supply for quite some time for me.