From Maryland and new to the forum

From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: Seagrave1963 On: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Got a Harman TLC2000 and waiting for it to be installed.

Just checking out the Maryland page on the NEPA forum. Hope to see some fellow Marylanders here if I run into some hurdles getting the stove going.
Seagrave1963
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace


Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:56 am

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Harman stove. Did you buy this stove new? As you may know, Harman has sold the coal line of their business to AHS. AHS has a presence on this forum if you need help. Also members will gladly help you get your stove dialed in. We will want to see pics of the installation.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: anthracite/rice coal

Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: Seagrave1963 On: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 am

coalkirk wrote:Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Harman stove. Did you buy this stove new? As you may know, Harman has sold the coal line of their business to AHS. AHS has a presence on this forum if you need help. Also members will gladly help you get your stove dialed in. We will want to see pics of the installation.


Thank you for the welcome.

We did buy the TLC2000 new (it was the last one at the dealer) as NOS (new old stock) and didn't realize how lucky we were as I've seen others trying to get ahold of one. As soon as it is installed, I'll post pics. In the meantime, I will continue to go through this great forum getting tips on firing her up and keeping her going through the winter!
Seagrave1963
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace

Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: top top On: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new here too. What part of the Eastern Shore? There are at least a couple of us from Cecil.
top top
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiac Hand Fired with hopper.

Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: Seagrave1963 On: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 pm

top top wrote:Hi, I'm fairly new here too. What part of the Eastern Shore? There are at least a couple of us from Cecil.


I jokingly refer to our location as "the suburbs of Ridgely" in Caroline County. :lol:
Seagrave1963
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace

Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: rstrawsburg On: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm on the west end of maryland. How's the install coming?

-Ron
rstrawsburg
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Trane Heatpump

Re: From Maryland and new to the forum

PostBy: Seagrave1963 On: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 am

rstrawsburg wrote:Welcome to the forum. I'm on the west end of maryland. How's the install coming?

-Ron


Looking at December 6th right now.
Seagrave1963
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC2000
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut
Other Heating: electric heat pumps, propane fireplace