The Problem With Republicans

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm

stockingfull wrote::blah: Hate to interrupt your circle-jerque here, boyz, but your point about L'il Bush has just a few material flaws:

NONE of the 9/11 attackers was from Iraq. (Did we invade Saudi Arabia, where 19 of the 22 came from?) Al Quaeda wasn't in Iraq before we went there (and it certainly wasn't any part of the stated reason we went in there). We had international support for the now-imperiled effort to get OBL in Afghanistan but squandered it by the idiotic Iraqi invasion.

And, for those of you who wouldn't have fought WWI or WWII, but still think the Shrub-in-chief was smart for going into Iraq -- not Afghanistan, boyz, I know you have some trouble distinguishing the two, but they're different countries in a part of the world called the Middle East -- may I suggest that you sober up and try thinking about it clearly? :roll:



Absolutely agree & I don't understand how GW has managed to still make people think Iraq had anything to do with 9/11???? Bush's own intelligence agencies admitt that Al Quieda is getting stronger daily while our armed forces are being pushed to the breaking point. Rangel has a point....If we had a draft again this Iraq situation (occupation) would end tomorrow! I've asked it before but I'll ask again: We won the war in Iraq & they now have a freely elected government. Saddam & his sons are dea....Who are we fighting?? (hint....It isn't Al Quieda...they are in Afganistan & Pakistan)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: spc On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:28 pm

stockingfull wrote:
Tell ya what: you can pay for healthcare, education (which you guys badly need!), nearly everything you want, and lower your taxes to boot, with the almost $3 Trillion that the Iraq war will have cost.

Just another reason it's nearly criminal to have gotten us into that boondoggle.
If we waited it would cost much more in life & treasure. Uday & Qusay were worse then their father. imo
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:35 pm

spc wrote:
stockingfull wrote:
Tell ya what: you can pay for healthcare, education (which you guys badly need!), nearly everything you want, and lower your taxes to boot, with the almost $3 Trillion that the Iraq war will have cost.

Just another reason it's nearly criminal to have gotten us into that boondoggle.
If we waited it would cost much more in life & treasure. Uday & Qusay were worse then their father. imo


Bald conjecture.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace


Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:39 pm

spc wrote:
stockingfull wrote:
Tell ya what: you can pay for healthcare, education (which you guys badly need!), nearly everything you want, and lower your taxes to boot, with the almost $3 Trillion that the Iraq war will have cost.

Just another reason it's nearly criminal to have gotten us into that boondoggle.
If we waited it would cost much more in life & treasure. Uday & Qusay were worse then their father. imo



If we waited for what? (A legitimate reason to invade another country & costs the lives of thousands of Amercican soldiers?)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: spc On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:46 pm

Devil5052 wrote:If we waited for what? (A legitimate reason to invade another country & costs the lives of thousands of Amercican soldiers?)
Come on guys don't make me repost that video. Listen closely to what your party leaders are saying. Do you want a transcript? For the love of God. Thats it, I'm going to pray for the two of you.
Last edited by spc on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:58 pm

spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:If we waited for what? (A legitimate reason to invade another country & costs the lives of thousands of Amercican soldiers?)
Come on guys don't make me repost that video. Listen closely to what your party leaders are saying. Do you want a transcript? For the life of God. Thats it, I'm going to pray for the two of you.



What a politician publicly says does not necessarily equate with what he/she would actualy do. (many times they are trying to intimidate or otherwise motivate people to their side... Ronald Reagan referred to the Soviet Union as "The Evil Empire" but wasn't stupid enough to attack them) I doubt there would have been one Democratic leader stupid enough to lie his way into an actual war that was really in oppositon to our national interests & has actualy made us less safe in the world.
Last edited by Devil505 on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:03 pm

spc wrote: For the life of God. Thats it, I'm going to pray for the two of you.


Easy there SPC, invoking prayer and God into a discussion with neo-fasists will seriously offend them and they'll start foaming at the grill and spittle drips down their chin.
Actually, that sounds kinda fun....Praise the Lord.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 pm

spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:If we waited for what? (A legitimate reason to invade another country & costs the lives of thousands of Amercican soldiers?)
Come on guys don't make me repost that video. Listen closely to what your party leaders are saying. Do you want a transcript? For the life of God. Thats it, I'm going to pray for the two of you.


By this logic, we're going to invade both Iran and North Korea now, right?

That fact is that, whatever people believed, or said they believed back in 2002, we didn't have to invade when we did. And those with knowledge who said that, the Richard Clarkes and the Hans Blixes and Scott Ritters, all got their characters assassinated by the Administration's attack machine.

Sure, there was a lot of widely-held suspicion about Saddam's capability and intentions. But NOTHING was ever found before or after, and NOBODY but the Shrub and his Dick was hot to invade, um, a year and a half before the 2004 Presidential election.

And, oh by the way, boyz, save your prayers for your own souls and sanity -- and for some English lessons. The figure of speech is "for the love of God (unless you think your God might die)" and "fascists" has a "c". For the love of God, pay attention: that will even come up on the site's spell-checker!
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:37 pm

Ed.A wrote:
spc wrote: For the life of God. Thats it, I'm going to pray for the two of you.


Easy there SPC, invoking prayer and God into a discussion with neo-fasists will seriously offend them and they'll start foaming at the grill and spittle drips down their chin.
Actually, that sounds kinda fun....Praise the Lord.




Until you can learn to grow up & stop calling people names like"neo-fascist", I really see no point in wasting my time in reading your childish rants.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: spc On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:34 pm

stockingfull wrote:
And, oh by the way, boyz, save your prayers for your own souls and sanity -- and for some English lessons. The figure of speech is "for the love of God (unless you think your God might die)" and "fascists" has a "c". For the love of God, pay attention: that will even come up on the site's spell-checker!
I've been thinking "for the life of me" a lot reading these post. "For the love of God" I pray that liberals turn their hatred into love. Amen. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob just to be clear.
Last edited by spc on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:36 pm

By: Ed.A On: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:35 am

......."Uhmm..yeah...nevermind. I hate hurting peoples feelings, and I certainly don't want to get booted from my favorite forum so I'll just take Coalkirks advice.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell (1903 - 1950),"....




Remember this post of yours a while back about the Friend or Foe option available here?
(since then Coalkirk & I have become friends & just agree to disagree, like adults without the need for childish name calling in re our differing opinions)

As far as you are concerned however, that 'Friend or Foe ' availabilty might just be a good option to take after all.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm

"Friend" or "Foe?" :box:

C'mon, we can have a vigorous discussion here without resorting to name-calling, can't we?
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: spc On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:10 pm

stockingfull wrote:"Friend" or "Foe?" :box:

C'mon, we can have a vigorous discussion here without resorting to name-calling, can't we?
Agreed, I don’t think we should be name calling anyone, especially people who aren’t here to defend themselves, it does nothing for the debate & it's just childish.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:12 pm

stockingfull wrote:And, oh by the way, boyz, save your prayers for your own souls and sanity -- and for some English lessons. The figure of speech is "for the love of God (unless you think your God might die)" and "fascists" has a "c". For the love of God, pay attention: that will even come up on the site's spell-checker!


Ohhh, I spelled a word incorrectly...that was unforgivable, beneath even for the worst of us.
I can almost see the Liberal Elitist Sneer on your face, very unbecoming I must say. The narcissism you portray is quite telling really, and also quite sad.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Ed.A wrote:
stockingfull wrote:And, oh by the way, boyz, save your prayers for your own souls and sanity -- and for some English lessons. The figure of speech is "for the love of God (unless you think your God might die)" and "fascists" has a "c". For the love of God, pay attention: that will even come up on the site's spell-checker!


Ohhh, I spelled a word incorrectly...that was unforgivable, beneath even for the worst of us.
I can almost see the Liberal Elitist Sneer on your face, very unbecoming I must say. The narcissism you portray is quite telling really, and also quite sad.





Mispelling a word is forgivable.....Refusing repeated requests to stop the childish name calling isn't.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000