The Problem With Republicans

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:28 pm

coalkirk wrote:He even said so today in a speech he made. He actually said, "If you elect me,..."


The two of them disgust me.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Willie and Hillie.gif
Willie and Hillie.gif (12.46 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=3514]Willie and Hillie.gif[/nepafile]


Oh, but their so cute.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:46 am

Wood'nCoal wrote:
Devil5052 wrote: Clinton is already out of office & cant hurt this country any more


I disagree, if Hillary is elected the new "first lady" will be "advising" her continuously. Even though she is "the smartest women in the world" I think Slick Willy will be the one calling the shots.


Have no fear...She is toast. (I predict someday a Supreme Court Justice but that's it)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:47 am

coalkirk wrote:
Willie and Hillie.gif


Oh, but their so cute.



Damn! If you look up the word "Ugly" in the dictionary I think that pic of her will show up!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
Wood'nCoal wrote:
Devil5052 wrote: Clinton is already out of office & cant hurt this country any more


I disagree, if Hillary is elected the new "first lady" will be "advising" her continuously. Even though she is "the smartest women in the world" I think Slick Willy will be the one calling the shots.


Have no fear...She is toast. (I predict someday a Supreme Court Justice but that's it)


I agree. But she's far too old (by GOP stds). ;)
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Dallas On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 pm

You've probably all seen or heard this story ... NO :?: Another Urban Legend?
http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/006949.php
Dallas
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air
Stove/Furnace Make: Russo
Stove/Furnace Model: Modified C-35

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Dallas wrote:You've probably all seen or heard this story ... NO :?: Another Urban Legend?
http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/006949.php


Your point? 8-)
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Dallas On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Just, "a story" to go with the cute picture above.
Dallas
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Modified Russo C-35
Other Heating: Oil Hot Air
Stove/Furnace Make: Russo
Stove/Furnace Model: Modified C-35

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Dallas wrote:Just, "a story" to go with the cute picture above.


Got it. Well, I have to say, in light of all that, now I'm really reconsidering my position.

I may support her! :punk:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: coalkirk On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:13 pm

Drugs should be legal and taxed. It's the Clinton's hypocracy I have a problem with. I didn't inhale. Give me a break.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:37 pm

[quote="Wood'nCoal"]

The two of them disgust me]


I agree! (still in a foul mood)
Attachments
!!!BushandCheney.jpg
(10.44 KiB) Viewed 4 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]3519[/nepathumb]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:42 pm

This imported from the "dumb things I've done" thread:

coalkirk wrote:
stockingfull wrote:C'mon Devil, you know what it is...

... same as mine ...

... arguing progressive politics on a coal forum! :lol:


I love it when liberals call their political leanings "progressive." It sounds so much better than "liberal" or "socialist." It also just be the nature of its meaning makes someone arguing 180 degrees from them sound neanderthal. Well played.


On October 26, 1939, six weeks after Hitler invaded Poland, FDR said: "A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward."

Take universal healthcare, for example. It's not a "liberal" idea, it's rudimentary to and present in every industrialized nation but ours. To get the profiteering of insurance and drug companies out of it is just as conservative a principle as getting earmarks out of the appropriations process, which is actually one of the most appealing -- and conservative (in the Goldwater sense) -- aspects of John McCain's political viewpoint.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Nobody's denying you the right to your opinions or beliefs. It's when you assert them as facts that some of us would like to be heard.

My patriotism is no less than anybody else's here. But it's not of the blind, unquestioning sort which assumes that we always are best and never in need of improvement. Where we can do better, why on earth shouldn't we at least try?
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: spc On: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Reply
stockingfull wrote:Nobody's denying you the right to your opinions or beliefs. It's when you assert them as facts that some of us would like to be heard. Speaking for myself I don't recall asserting facts unless I could back them up reliably. I've seen a lack of reliably facts from the left though.

My patriotism is no less than anybody else's here. Its not very patriotic to denigrate a dead Presidents affliction with a disease. But it's not of the blind, unquestioning sort which assumes that we always are best and never in need of improvement. Run for office. Where we can do better, why on earth shouldn't we at least try? This is a representative government, we send our elected officials to Wash. & give them the time to study policy & write law. With foreign policy, (I don't mean Nancy Pelosi with a head scarf in Syria) & war they have much more access to info than you or I do. I'm going to trust their judgment not the nyt, the nightly news or yours. If I don't like their decisions or what they say campaigning they won't get my vote.
nancy-pelosi-syria-headscarf.jpg
(60.12 KiB) Viewed 1 time
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]3536[/nepathumb]

Factual reference.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Republicans

PostBy: Devil505 On: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:05 pm

spc wrote:Reply
stockingfull wrote:Nobody's denying you the right to your opinions or beliefs. It's when you assert them as facts that some of us would like to be heard. Speaking for myself I don't recall asserting facts unless I could back them up reliably. I've seen a lack of reliably facts from the left though.

My patriotism is no less than anybody else's here. Its not very patriotic to denigrate a dead Presidents affliction with a disease. What gives you the authority to pass judegment on what is/isn't patriotic? But it's not of the blind, unquestioning sort which assumes that we always are best and never in need of improvement. Run for office. Only elected officials have the right to express opinions or questions the decisions of them ?Where we can do better, why on earth shouldn't we at least try? This is a representative government, we send our elected officials to Wash. & give them the time to study policy & write law. With foreign policy, (I don't mean Nancy Pelosi with a head scarf in Syria) & war they have much more access to info than you or I do. I'm going to trust their judgment not the nyt, the nightly news or yours. [color=#00FF00]Nothing more dangerous than blind acceptance without independant verification. [color=#00BF00]

[color=#00FF00]Do you still believe a word this administration says on anything? (I'll answer that...You shouldn't

If I don't like their decisions or what they say campaigning they won't get my vote.[/color]
nancy-pelosi-syria-headscarf.jpg

Factual reference.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000