The saga continues, this time I broke an auger, very frustrating, just got it going again. Once I dug the broken auger out, I had to put on snow shoes, and go out digging in the approximate location till I found a spare auger, thank God I had one. I also am glad I noticed the new auger was about five inches longer than the old, and I cut it off before installation. The old auger was probably original from the fifties, cast iron and severally pitted with rust due to about fifty five years of storage and the stoker coming from the bottom of a burned down house in eastern Washington (state). I noticed the new auger had a cast drive lug on it and that was brazed to a shaft and spiral of steel welded to the shaft, should work. I'm sure glad my dad found those two parts stokers in Fairbanks 25 years ago, and they had never been run, and had about five spare augers, one unit was missing the gear box, but can't have everything.