dumb things we have done

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: coalkirk On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 pm

stockingfull wrote:C'mon Devil, you know what it is...

... same as mine ...

... arguing progressive politics on a coal forum! :lol:


I love it when liberals call their political leanings "progressive." It sounds so much better than "liberal" or "socialist." It also just be the nature of its meaning makes someone arguing 180 degrees from them sound neanderthal. Well played.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:19 pm

coalkirk wrote:
stockingfull wrote:C'mon Devil, you know what it is...

... same as mine ...

... arguing progressive politics on a coal forum! :lol:


I love it when liberals call their political leanings "progressive." It sounds so much better than "liberal" or "socialist." It also just be the nature of its meaning makes someone arguing 180 degrees from them sound neanderthal. Well played.


Sounds like you just woke up from a nap on the wrong side of the bed too Coalkirk my good friend........Socialist?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: spc On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Devil5052 wrote:Socialist?
Yes

Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) - http://www.dsausa.org/
The largest socialist organization in the United States, and principal U.S. affiliate of the Socialist International. Works to build progressive movements while establishing an openly socialist presence in American politics. Born from the 1973 split of the former Socialist Party of America. Members differ on working with the Democratic Party.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer


Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:29 pm

spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Socialist?
Yes
http://www.dsausa.org/dsa.html


Back at ya


http://www.dopejam.com/bop/RUMBLING/POLITICS/repub.htm
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


http://www.bartcop.com/nazigop.htm


http://www.geocities.com/bushfamilynazis/
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
Last edited by Devil505 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: spc On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Socialist?
Yes
http://www.dsausa.org/dsa.html


Back at ya


http://www.dopejam.com/bop/RUMBLING/POLITICS/repub.htm
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.

Your kidding right?
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:39 pm

[quote="spc



http://www.dopejam.com/bop/RUMBLING/POLITICS/repub.htm
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
[/quote]
Your kidding right?[/quote]


Serious as a heart attack
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: spc On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Devil5052 wrote:Serious as a heart attack
A web site calling Republican’s Nazis. Wow, very good. Please show me the web site to join like I did for you.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 pm

spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Serious as a heart attack
A web site calling Republican’s Nazis. Wow, very good. Show me the web site to join like I did you.



I just did a quick search using Republican & Nazi to find web sites to respond to your Democrat Socialist site.
If you look at the posting times I didn't even have time to read what the site said...I was just trying to quickly respond.
Let's not make more out of this than it deserves, ok? ;)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: spc On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Devil5052 wrote:
spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Serious as a heart attack
A web site calling Republican’s Nazis. Wow, very good. Show me the web site to join like I did you.



I just did a quick search using Republican & Nazi to find web sites to respond to your Democrat Socialist site.
If you look at the posting times I didn't even have time to read what the site said...I was just trying to quickly respond.
Let's not make more out of this than it deserves, ok? ;)
I don't know, heart attacks are serious. :?
Last edited by spc on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: BugsyR On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Thread title is...?
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:10 pm

I must be more tired than I thought but I don't understand the last 2 posts??
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: spc On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm

BugsyR wrote:Thread title is...?
I know sorry guys & gals. I should take my own advice. :bang:
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: BugsyR On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:14 pm

"Dumb Things We Have Done"

is the name of this thread. Some how it went to political debate.
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 pm

BugsyR wrote:"Dumb Things We Have Done"

is the name of this thread. Some how it went to political debate.



Got ya!


Right you are...Let's lighten up here.
(I blame it all on Coalkirk!! That trouble-maker started the food fight!)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: dumb things we have done

PostBy: rberq On: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah, guys, I started this thread for FUN. If you're going to talk about politics, I'll talk about religion, then we'll really see the fur fly.

Speaking of motorcycles without brakes, when I was a kid I took apart the rear hub and coaster brake of my bike, greased everything, put it all back together, but forgot the little clip that holds the brake arm to the bike frame. Got going really fast down the hill toward the river, pushed back on the pedal to brake, and surprise! no brakes. Fortunately I didn't go into the river, but only because unfortunately I hit a pile of concrete blocks and pipes and went flying into the pit where the water district was constructing. When I woke up there was no permanent damage that a few stitches and gauze wouldn't take care of, but the work crew had a good story about the boy who flew out of the sky into their excavation.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane


cron