The Problem With Democrats

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 am

LsFarm wrote:
stockingfull wrote:Hey, Greg, when I look to you to be a judge of "class," I'll let you know, OK? One thing's for sure: people with "class" can debate issues without going around judging the "class" of others in the public square.

Seriously, you take yourself WAY too seriously. And the stridency of your homophobia is telling. More of your rank amateur psychiatry; good God, man, you sound just like Larry Craig. :roll:

Have you considered that your obvious need to condemn those whose views depart from yours may be, as you've put it, a "character flaw?" :lol:


Hey Stocking : look in the mirror and read your above post... sure seems to fit the image in the mirror.. you constantly try to transfer YOUR issues onto others..

If a poll were to be taken on this site, I'm sure I would be rated 'higher class' than you, by several orders of magnitude. You offer nothing to the site or it's readership... it's a coal burning site.. remember?? When I research your posting records.. it is obvious you need to find some political site to frequent.. or a lawyer-debate site.. I can't see what pleasure you get by even being here... speaks volumes about your 'character'.. lets see.. sort of like going to a MADD site and posting your recipes for mixed drinks. And how to chug beer, then how to avoid the police and drive drunk..

Greg L

lets see,, where is that 'ignore' feature again...


I have suggested, both publicly and privately, Greg, that, if you can't take the heat of political debates without resorting to personal attacks, you simply stay out of them. As for your ridiculous suggestion that I bring "nothing" to the site, you may recall that it was I who first suggested the very first forum meet last spring. Guess that doesn't count, though. :roll:

You, however, persist in your destructive pattern of engaging in the very debates you claim to decry, then hurling personal insults at those who dare to disagree with you.

I absolutely do consider it to be a "character flaw;" if you need to use the "ignore" feature to shield yourself from dissent, by all means do so.

However, I will not cow to your adolescent threats and bluster. :P
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:05 pm

stockingfull wrote:Wow, Greg, all this focus on sexual orientation: McCain's "cojones", "limp wristed libs," and guns...

"You doth protest too much, methinks." :roll:


Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

You're the one who posted all the comparisons with sexual inuendos, mostly gay in nature. You better check how light you are in your loafers.
This is the Off Topic section of the coal forum and obviously you have every right to post here. However your posts from day 1 show that 75% are in this genre. If I had the time or the inclination to look at only the last six months, I'd bet it's more like 90%. The rest of us participate in the entire forum but you only come here to post your smarmy saracstic double talking crap. Why don't you find a site that specializes in "like minded fellows of your own persuasion" and I think you would be happier and I know most of the rest of us would. Your nothing but a trouble maker and you fail to contribute anything worthwhile to the coal side of the forum. Isn't there a liberal New York Lawyer site for gods sake? On that topic, what kind of lawyer has the time to post all day on a coal forum?? Probably a not very good one would be my guess. Maybe they won't let you play on the liberal NY lawyer site. Try Code Pink.org and Move On.org. They're right up your alley. In other words why don't you peddle your crap somewhere else? I for one won't miss you. Anyone else miss him?
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: LsFarm On: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Lets see stockingfull:

"stay out of them"
"your ridiculous suggestion"'''
"your destructive pattern""
"hurling personal insults"
"character flaw;"
"shield yourself from dissent"
"adolescent threats and bluster"

congratulations !! you have reached new height's [actually lows] in showing how pompous and arrogant you can be!!

You should be proud.. [actually ashamed]

suggest you re-read coalkirks post above.

greg L
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland


Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Oh man!!.....I thought I was bad!!!
We are all on the same side guys.....Americans :shots:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: gambler On: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:41 pm

LsFarm wrote:you have reached new height's [actually lows] in showing how pompous and arrogant you can be!!

You should be proud.. [actually ashamed]

suggest you re-read coalkirks post above.

greg L


Typical lawyer type if you ask me!
So maybe he (she) is actually a lawyer.
gambler
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: spc On: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 am

More disgusting liberal rhetoric.

"General Betray Us? Of course he has."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-sc ... 95757.html
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: spc On: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:05 am

Even more:

"McCain was a fighter pilot, who dropped laser-guided missiles from 35,000 feet. He was long gone when they hit. What happened when they [the missiles] get to the ground? He doesn't know. You have to care about the lives of people. McCain never gets into those issues." - Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-WV (who endorses BO).

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... cking-s-2/

These are true personal attacks.
See the pattern. :?:
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:55 pm

coalkirk wrote:
stockingfull wrote:Wow, Greg, all this focus on sexual orientation: McCain's "cojones", "limp wristed libs," and guns...

"You doth protest too much, methinks." :roll:


Not that there's anything wrong with that. :lol:

You're the one who posted all the comparisons with sexual inuendos, mostly gay in nature. You better check how light you are in your loafers.
This is the Off Topic section of the coal forum and obviously you have every right to post here. However your posts from day 1 show that 75% are in this genre. If I had the time or the inclination to look at only the last six months, I'd bet it's more like 90%. The rest of us participate in the entire forum but you only come here to post your smarmy saracstic double talking crap. Why don't you find a site that specializes in "like minded fellows of your own persuasion" and I think you would be happier and I know most of the rest of us would. Your nothing but a trouble maker and you fail to contribute anything worthwhile to the coal side of the forum. Isn't there a liberal New York Lawyer site for gods sake? On that topic, what kind of lawyer has the time to post all day on a coal forum?? Probably a not very good one would be my guess. Maybe they won't let you play on the liberal NY lawyer site. Try Code Pink.org and Move On.org. They're right up your alley. In other words why don't you peddle your crap somewhere else? I for one won't miss you. Anyone else miss him?


Coming from you, coalkirk, I take the above as a compliment.

But, as always, you and Greg are dead wrong on the facts.

Why don't you do some home work and assemble a little list of the posts in which you suggest that I've gone over the line with sexual innuendo? Because, except for my reaction to Greg's insults, you won't find them, they're all in your over-active imaginations.

In case you're actually interested in the facts, Greg posted his 20-odd point description of Democrats, to which I responded with a couple comic lists with specific refs to the net and absolutely NO personal references to anybody here at all.

But what did we get from Greg in response? A bunch of implied homophobic questions. To which I responded by raising the obvious questions about the accuser.

Deal with it, boys. If you think your "Larry Craig style" bluster will succeed in running those whose political views you don't like off the site, think again.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: coalkirk On: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:26 pm

stockingfull wrote:Coming from you, coalkirk, I take the above as a compliment.

But, as always, you and Greg are dead wrong on the facts.

Why don't you do some home work and assemble a little list of the posts in which you suggest that I've gone over the line with sexual innuendo? Because, except for my reaction to Greg's insults, you won't find them, they're all in your over-active imaginations.

In case you're actually interested in the facts, Greg posted his 20-odd point description of Democrats, to which I responded with a couple comic lists with specific refs to the net and absolutely NO personal references to anybody here at all.

But what did we get from Greg in response? A bunch of implied homophobic questions. To which I responded by raising the obvious questions about the accuser.

Deal with it, boys. If you think your "Larry Craig style" bluster will succeed in running those whose political views you don't like off the site, think again.


Well how nice that you take it as a compliment. I'll have to try harder next time. It wasn't meant to be one.
I have better things to do than to compile a list of your limp wristed references.

I'm not suprised you made no response to my point about your out of whack high percentage of off topic posts and little if any contributions to the coal side of the forum. Was I too subtle about peddling your crap some where else?

Oh, by the way, Happy belated birthday. I saw it was your birthday yesterday but you weren't here for the party.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Just goes to show that, even though you're wrong on nearly everything else, not all civility has been lost around here.

And, in case you didn't notice it above, I was the person who conceived of the first forum meet last spring; you may recall the "Riceberners Tour Coal Country and Drink Beer" thread. Plus, I had about 125 posts up here before I ever posted on a political topic.

Bottom line: a "forum," by definition, is a place where differing views are exchanged, and you can't have a debate anyway without both sides showing up -- unless you consider a "circle jerque" a debate. (And I don't mean that phrase to carry any sexual innuendo whatsoever, only to convey that a GOP party rally isn't a debate -- any more than Faux News is fair and balanced.) We progressives also recognize that some of you gun-totin' he-men think that anybody who doesn't agree with you must be a fa99ot (even though the stats show that a much greater proportion of Republicans here are "girlie men" than Democrats :D http://nepacrossroads.com/post35019.html?hilit=#p35019) Well, you're wrong on that too; lots of progressives are or have been war heroes (Kerry, McGovern, Pete McCloskey, Sen. Jim Webb, in case that's your measure) and lots of Republicans and conservatives are flaming homos (the Log Cabin boyz, Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Bob Bauman, need I go on? Not that there's anything wrong with that). So why don't we just stay away from questioning the sexual orientation of people every time they don't agree with you? It has nothing to do with anything and, besides, if you think I'm going to, ahem, "take it lying down 8-) ," you're mistaken.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: spc On: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 pm

"Carter says Hamas willing to be Israel's neighbor" (NOT)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080421/ap_on_re_mi_ea/carter_israel;_ylt=Ap2MZE3l1ppepsQuDPC2RMKs0NUE
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


"Leader says Hamas 'won't recognize Israel" (Talk about being used)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080421/ts_afp/mideastunresthamascartermeshaal
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


He should put the cherry on the cake & endorse BO now.

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=b5c91d00-06f6-4f85-a2ed-7614aff56f06
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: LsFarm On: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 am

S'full wrote:
"And, in case you didn't notice it above, I was the person who conceived of the first forum meet last spring; you may recall the "Riceberners Tour Coal Country and Drink Beer" thread. Plus, I had about 125 posts up here before I ever posted on a political topic."

And 'coal berner' is the one who did all the work, set up the tours, schedule, etc... And you make such disparaging remarks in your infamous 'spelling and sentence structure' comments.. shame on you. [yet again]

S'full wrote:

But, as always, you and Greg are dead wrong on the facts.

Why don't you do some home work and assemble a little list of the posts in which you suggest that I've gone over the line with sexual innuendo? Because, except for my reaction to Greg's insults, you won't find them, they're all in your over-active imaginations.

In case you're actually interested in the facts, Greg posted his 20-odd point description of Democrats, to which I responded with a couple comic lists with specific refs to the net and absolutely NO personal references to anybody here at all.

But what did we get from Greg in response? A bunch of implied homophobic questions. To which I responded by raising the obvious questions about the accuser.

Well lets take the lawyer 'double-speak' out of this: Facts: I posted a 20-odd line comment from the net describing and pointing out many of the typical stances and points of view of a 'typical democrat' no sexual inuendo at all,, all straight-forward and from typical liberal democratic values and stance.

S'full replied with a similar cut and past from the 'net with an opposing view.. In the opposing view, roughly half of the 'comments' were compairing hair styles, attire, ways of walking or liking some guy's voice.. All Sexual Inuendo. When I pointed these out to the person who posted the 'cut and paste' he [S'full] decided that this was a perfect time to do some lawyer double-speak and fancy foot work, and made several attempts to question my sexuality... yet again twisting the 'facts' ...

Go read the two lists,, and my responces... I pointed out the sexual inuendo,, and S'full took offense... a bit sensitive about the leanings of your favorite party you are affiliated with??

So 'deal with it' S'full... you posted a 'cut and paste' full of sexual inuendo, and for some reason took great offence that I pointed it out... ??

As for your comments about being 'run off the site' because of your differing politics,,,:

It isn't your differing politics that makes you so offensive,,, it is your delivery.. you are pompous, arrogant, demeaning and even go so far as to insult the education levels of those on the site who are less fortunate than you... again,, shame on you.... This is going pretty low... making very personal attacks..

So I again invite you to look in the mirror, and read a few of your more caustic posts.. see how they 'feel'..

What I fail to understand, is why you feel the need to post your politics and liberal agenda on a site that you have what?? one or two members with similar leanings.. I don't understand your need to stir controversy, and post so much unpopular verse. Maybe you get run off of the Liberal-lawyer sites?? And you come here looking for fertile ground to plant your sour and rotted seeds?? Have you considered counseling??

Greg L

.
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

:blah:

Hey, Greg, haven't you noticed?

Except when you're posting, we have a pretty interesting -- and civil -- exchange of political ideas around here....

:P
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: spc On: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Eighth-grader smack down:


Monica Conyers (D) is the wife of US Rep. John Conyers (D) Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: The Problem With Democrats

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 am

... who speaks for all Democrats, like David Duke spoke for all Republicans??? :roll:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace