e.alleg wrote:I can say from experience that the stuff doesn't really work that good.
I have to agree with e.alleg, though I sell the stuff, and I sell quite a lot, I don't recommend it. You have to add it to the fire regularly and at $7.50 a tub it is expensive. I have customers that swear by it but I suspect that they are the people that are burning hot fires with well seasoned wood. A choked down smoking wood stove venting into a cold chimney is going to build cresote. If you are going to burn wood, the only safe thing to do is regular cleaning and having a couple of Chimflex fire extinguishing sticks on hand just in case.