Yes it is possible. They sell what is called a power vent, but you need power to run it. This can be a problem if you loose power, unless you have a battery backup system to automatically kick in if power goes out. Check Harman, they sell them I believe.
They may be, I've never used one, just seen them advertised. For myself, I'm a little leary of anything that requires power to get the carbon monoxide out of my house. I will rely on a chimney. I know there are a lot of strings on power vents here, hopefully someone that owns one can help out with info.