How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:53 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:What about this early 60's kid's show???
ccdiver2.gif


"Diver Dan"

On the show "Get Smart" what kind of car was Maxwell Smart shown driving during the opening theme (actually there were two different cars)?
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:41 am

Up way to early today so how about this one:
In the classic TV western "Wanted: Dead or Alive", Steve McQueen played a bounty hunter. What was this character's name & what did he call his weapon? (a sawed off Winchester I think)
Attachments
steve-mcqueen-nk.jpg
(10.26 KiB) Viewed 5 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]3938[/nepathumb]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:47 am

Another western from the 1950's......"Have Gun Will Travel" (first adult western)
Who was the star?-- pictured below (a real man's man)
What was on his calling card?
Attachments
HGWT19.jpg
(69.39 KiB) Viewed 2 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]3939[/nepathumb]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: LsFarm On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:59 am

On his calliing card was a chess piece... a Knight or Rook?? was he called Palladin? Too little memory,, too many years ago..

Greg
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 am

LsFarm wrote:On his calliing card was a chess piece... a Knight or Rook?? was he called Palladin? Too little memory,, too many years ago..

Greg


Close enough! (Richard Boone)
Attachments
hgwt_card.gif
hgwt_card.gif (3.6 KiB) Viewed 359 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=3940]hgwt_card.gif[/nepafile]
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: billw On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Who was the star of 'Rocky Jones, Spaceranger"?
billw
 
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520
Stove/Furnace Model: GOODBYE OIL COMPANY

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Devil5052 wrote:Up way to early today so how about this one:
In the classic TV western "Wanted: Dead or Alive", Steve McQueen played a bounty hunter. What was this character's name & what did he call his weapon? (a sawed off Winchester I think)


Damn devil, you were up early today! I don't remember what he called but I do remember him using it. That was a pretty cool weapon.
You're waking up brain cells in my head that I haven't accessed in 50 years! That show had to be the mid to late 50's.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:08 pm

coalkirk wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Up way to early today so how about this one:
In the classic TV western "Wanted: Dead or Alive", Steve McQueen played a bounty hunter. What was this character's name & what did he call his weapon? (a sawed off Winchester I think)


Damn devil, you were up early today! I don't remember what he called but I do remember him using it. That was a pretty cool weapon.
You're waking up brain cells in my head that I haven't accessed in 50 years! That show had to be the mid to late 50's.


Was up early with a rotator cuff shoulder problem....Again! (gotta stop bench pressing 816 lbs!! :D )


Reprint:



Wanted:Dead or Alive Tidbits

Josh Randall (Steve McQueen) was a man of few words. A bounty hunter by trade, he tracked his prey all over the West.

Randall carried an 1892 44/40 center fire Winchester carbine that he called "Mare's Laig." It handled like a revolver by had the punch of a rifle.

Unlike other bounty hunters, Randall had scruples. He tried to bring the prisoner in alive and often found himself called upon to protect people in need.

In 1960 the character of Jason Nichols (Wright King) was added to help Randall out.

The show made a star of Steve McQueen, who unlike many Western stars, would go on to a memorable film career.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: How About An Early TV Trivia Thread?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:13 am

Haven't done this in a while. I wonder if there are still any "Old Timers" out there like me! :) :D


Anyone remember the sponsor of Superman, with George Reeves in the 1950's?

Captain Midnight's sidekick's name?
(extra credit: How many "D's" in his name?)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000