Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: spc On: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am

"Obama and the Minister"
"The title of Mr. Obama's bestseller "The Audacity of Hope" comes from one of Wright's sermons. Mr. Wright is one of the first people Mr. Obama thanked after his election to the Senate in 2004. Mr. Obama consulted Mr. Wright before deciding to run for president. He prayed privately with Mr. Wright before announcing his candidacy last year."

"Mr. Obama obviously would not choose to belong to Mr. Wright's church and seek his advice unless he agreed with at least some of his views. In light of Mr. Wright's perspective, Michelle Obama's comment that she feels proud of America for the first time in her adult life makes perfect sense."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 7093135111



Jeremiah Wright sounds worse than Louis Farrakhan :(
Last edited by Richard S. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:15 pm

I love this stuff.

We invade Iraq and hang Saddam because he "gassed" some Kurds who'd tried to assassinate him and killed 5,000. Yet we don't invade Saudi Arabia after 19 of 22 9/11 terrorists came out of their anti-American culture.

And why exactly are Hiroshima and Nagasaki sacrosanct and immune from criticism? Sure, that "full-scale atomic testing" shortened the war and prevented tens of thousands of GI (and Japanese) casualties, but those would have been military losses. Instead, we chose to incinerate 140,000 civilians in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki. Oh, and let's not forget the German cultural center of Dresden, where between 24,000 and 40,000 civilians were fried in the tactically dubious February 1945 fire-bombing.

But nobody can question whether those things are consistent with our principles? Of course, the answer is that we can, just not if we're preaching to a candidate for Prez. :roll:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: spc On: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:33 pm

stockingfull wrote:I love this stuff.

We invade Iraq and hang Saddam because he "gassed" some Kurds who'd tried to assassinate him and killed 5,000. Yet we don't invade Saudi Arabia after 19 of 22 9/11 terrorists came out of their anti-American culture.

And why exactly are Hiroshima and Nagasaki sacrosanct and immune from criticism? Sure, that "full-scale atomic testing" shortened the war and prevented tens of thousands of GI (and Japanese) casualties, but those would have been military losses. Instead, we chose to incinerate 140,000 civilians in Hiroshima and 80,000 in Nagasaki. Oh, and let's not forget the German cultural center of Dresden, where between 24,000 and 40,000 civilians were fried in the tactically dubious February 1945 fire-bombing.

But nobody can question whether those things are consistent with our principles? Of course, the answer is that we can, just not if we're preaching to a candidate for Prez. :roll:
Sounds like you were inspired by the good pastor.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer


Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:19 pm

How about trying an answer to the substance of it for a change?
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: spc On: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 pm

stockingfull wrote:How about trying an answer to the substance of it for a change?
I don't feel like giving a lesson in history. Sorry.

The Rev. blamed America for starting the AIDS virus. :no1:
Last edited by Richard S. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Copyrighted File
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 am

Your off handed way of describing the horrible agonizing death of thousands of Kurdish women and children as "he "gassed" some Kurds" is perplexing. Those people drowned in their own saliva. Not a pretty sight. And your mantra that 19 of the 22 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia is getting old. They weren't acting on behalf of Saudi Arabia. They were recruited and trained in Pakistan and Afghanistan by OBL.

We were attacked by Japan. Is there no fight you think is worth it? The Japanese were cruel beyond believe to our prisoners of war. The whole country of Japan was ready to try to repel invaders and it would have been a blood bath on both sides. I'm sure it was a tough decission to make to drop those bombs but by all expert accounts I've read, it likley saved millions of lives. We were at war for our survival!!! You don't seem to understand that. It sounds like you would prefer us to line up in columns like the British did in the American revolution because that's the proper way to do war. It was kill the enemy in WWII or be killed. I contend we are in that situation now with Islam. We are at war and it's kill or be killed. It will become clearer to the more thick headed among us as time goes on and things escalate here in the US. Stepping back to look at our situation with some sense of perspective, we are in the early skirmishes of a much larger conflict. If you think you can make the islamic terrorists go away by pulling our forces out of Iraq, you are ill informed. They would view that as a victory, be emboldened by it and go on the attack. They actually do see this as a struggle for world dominance and will not be deterred by doveish sentiment.
But nobody can question whether those things are consistent with our principles? Of course, the answer is that we can, just not if we're preaching to a candidate for Prez. :roll:
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: Charlie Z On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:49 am

That's the dirtiest politics I've seen! Hilary can fight!
Charlie Z
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Coalbrookdale
Stove/Furnace Model: Darby

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am

coalkirk wrote:But nobody can question whether those things are consistent with our principles? Of course, the answer is that we can, just not if we're preaching to a candidate for Prez. :roll:


As usual, you're completely wrong. Both Dresden and the nuke annihilations in Japan were discretionary tactical decisions to crush the enemy long after our victory was inevitable. If you don't know that victory in both of those theaters was absolutely certain by those times, take a break and crack a history book. That's precisely why all three have been the subjects of such searching ethical debate.

And the "War on Terror?" You must be joking. Every time we occupy a country, or threaten another with invasion (empty threats now, since we don't have the forces to do it), we cause the entire Muslim world to galvanize against us more and more. Because it's a movement rather than an army, it's a war we absolutely cannot win until we realize that it has to be won by returning to our principles instead of violating them even more.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: Charlie Z On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:56 am

I disagree completely with para 1. "Victory is not inevitable" until it is completed. The difference between victory to America was drop the bomb(s) and be done or spend another 500,000 *American* lives and extend the war for years. On Saipan, most of the population committed suicide during the securing of the island. It was obvious that we would have killed far more Japanese and Americans if we had to invade the mainland.

There is no reasonableness, by any measure, to the "drop the bomb" question in it's context.

I agree completely with your second paragraph. I think Obama represents to many, true or not, the "old, inherent American goodness".
Charlie Z
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Coalbrookdale
Stove/Furnace Model: Darby

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:07 am

More bullshift liberal revisionist history. Victory was far from inevitable. I'd bet you can rattle off the exact number of US servicemen killled in Iraq to the minute ( I picture you with a little chalk board tally next to your computer) but I'd also bet you have no idea of the number of US servicemen killed in just the pacific battles. We lost 12,500 on Okinawa alone, 6,000 at Guadalcanal, 5,000 in the Bataan death march. Causuality estimates were widely debated for the planned invasion of the Japan islands but the number agreed on by most accounts was 500,000 to 750,000 US killed alone.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:22 am

coalkirk wrote:More bullshift liberal revisionist history. Victory was far from inevitable. I'd bet you can rattle off the exact number of US servicemen killled in Iraq to the minute ( I picture you with a little chalk board tally next to your computer) but I'd also bet you have no idea of the number of US servicemen killed in just the pacific battles. We lost 12,500 on Okinawa alone, 6,000 at Guadalcanal, 5,000 in the Bataan death march. Causuality estimates were widely debated for the planned invasion of the Japan islands but the number agreed on by most accounts was 500,000 to 750,000 US killed alone.


Oh c'mon now. We knew the war was won in 1942, we just dragged it out because we wanted to kill more Gerrys and Japs.

Typical Lib speak, "we harmed people needlessly" . Just because the Japanese killed 350,000 chinese in Nanking doesn't mean they're bad. The germans only Killed 6-Million because the world was being over crowded anyways. We should just stayed out it, it would have worked it's way through without our intervention.

Kumb by yah......what ever, useless.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:34 am

Charlie Z wrote:I agree completely with your second paragraph. I think Obama represents to many, true or not, the "old, inherent American goodness".


AMERICAN GOODNESS ? His own wife admitted that she hated this MEAN country, until her husband got to the point he is. Funny how she got a 200,000 raise at the Hospital she worked for after BHO got elected to the senate and then got the Hospital a 1Million expansion grant. :roll:

BHO, represents the true realisation of a Mancurhian Candidate. He believes we are the true evil in the world and he thinks he should redeem our standing by bowing down to our enemies. What he doesn't understand, (as most pathetic Libs do) is that our enemies view this as a sign of weakness, not unlike the Japanese in WWII.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: spc On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:48 am

I listen to Christian preachers every day, "its good for the soul", two of my favorite are black & I NEVER heard anything like what I heard from Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Its ironic that the man who said there wouldn’t be a black President because of white America is the one who may ultimately bring Obama down.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:24 am

spc wrote:I Its ironic that the man who said there wouldn’t be a black President because of white America is the one who may ultimately bring Obama down.


It be Justice.....sweet Justice. Now he speaks out on FOX NEWS!! isn't that special, you know the network the MoonBats like to call FAUX news.

What a freaking shiester, this guy is in panic mode, why else would he go on Hannity. (he's the anti-christ to Moonbats), I wonder if he'll be able to spin out of this one.
Last edited by Richard S. on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Barack Hussein Obama "A closer look"

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Ministers aren't doing their job unless they provoke us to think about whether the way we live truly measures up to our respective creeds. And don't forget, in this case, it was back in 2001, not last week. If we remember, a lot of provocative things were said in that very stressful time. And it's a cinch nobody's responsible for all the things their minister has ever said anyway.

But the fact is, religion is one of the last bastions of real racial separatism accepted in our society. I took my young son to an multi-denominational MLK Day service when he was 5 or 6 and, after the black minister spoke, he asked why "that man was yelling" at us. There was nothing political about it, just a different style, which different religions often inherently have, and which different cultures demonstrate even within those sects.

Different strokes for different folks. Much ado about not much. But, of course, it'll be used repeatedly to frighten people if Obama's the nominee.

Because them black folks are really scary. :crazy:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace