Found the following job posted at a local College. Maybe I'll apply
Min. Pay Rate: $9.50 hr.
Essential Position Functions:
Operate stoker to keep coal fired furnace going. Observes pressure, temperature and draft meters on panel to verify operation of automatic combustion control system. Feeds water regulators, stokers, and burners. Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water levels, and steam pressure of boiler. Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs such as cleaning boilers, pipes and fittings. Maintains daily operation log. Dumps fly-ash every shift. Keeps boiler room and equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
• Assures that trucker unloads coal in proper place
• Other job related duties as assigned
• During “off season”, assist in various duties within the department as needed
• Operation of coal/oil/gas fired boilers
• Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the College Safety Policy which apply to the work environment and pressure vessel safety
• Ability to read, write and follow instructions
• One year boiler plant operator experience required
• Overtime may be required
• Physical Plant - Boiler Plant
• Basic maintenance hand tools, shovel, wheelbarrow, etc.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
• Must be able to climb ladders and work from catwalk
• Must be able to work in an extremely hot environment