National Media Biased?

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:42 pm

stockingfull wrote:
spc wrote:How about this one:
“Trinity’s national parent, the United Church of Christ (BHO’s church), recently disclosed that it’s being investigated by the Internal Revenue Service for a speech Sen. Obama gave to 10,000 people at a church conference in June in Hartford, Conn., in which he mentioned his candidacy and parts of his platform”
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid353515028/bctid1078616581


:clap: This is good for the GOP smear machine; they've had so long to load up for Hillary with no idea that somebody else would be coming along, they're getting some good exercise now. :whip:


Only in Moonbat world would having the truth being brought out be called a SMEAR. :lol:
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Ed.A wrote:
stockingfull wrote:
:clap: This is good for the GOP smear machine; they've had so long to load up for Hillary with no idea that somebody else would be coming along, they're getting some good exercise now. :whip:


Only in Moonbat world would having the truth being brought out be called a SMEAR. :lol:


Save it, pilgrim, because you'll be squealing like Ned Beatty when the s#!t hits the fan on your mental patient candidate. :lol:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 am

Save it, pilgrim, because you'll be squealing like Ned Beatty when the s#!t hits the fan on your mental patient candidate.


Case in point...set match.
What we have here is a classic example of Moobattery at it's naked best.
I simply point out how the TRUTH being exposed is somehow not a Fair tactic in the world of Liberals and what do they do.....attack and besmearch...Surprise!

Ha, I love how the Tolerant party shows it's ugly side when their FAILINGS are brought to light. :nana:
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice


Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Winning the hearts & minds of the Iraqi people. I don't think they hate us. A US soldier is baking bread as Iraqi women & children watch 12 miles south of Baghdad, taken 3/16/2008.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 am

Truth? Surely you jest again. Obama didn't make the statements; his pastor did. But McCain's psychological status is supremely relevant to his fitness to sit in the Oval Office.

And, on your pic above, the tragedy of any military conflict is that the good deeds of so many can be negated by the misdeeds of so few. That's why the best generals have the least tolerance for the Abu Ghraibs and My Lai's when they find them. That's especially true in this media age. To the extent that the "Company" (i.e., CIA), or MI, or G2, or whatever, had an affirmative part in those activities, then all the loaves of bread you can find look more like bribes than a virtuous acts, even when they aren't meant that way.

I liked McCain's statements on this subject better before he started kissing the posterior of the far right and abandoning his previously unequivocal positions on such things as waterboarding.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am

I'm going to let the experts decide the torture controversy. I certainly don't have the expertise on the subject & I venture to say no one on this forum does.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: LsFarm On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:33 am

The problem is that stockingfull won't let the experts decide... he'll continue to call Senator McCain 'mentally unstable' or whatever inuendo he chooses at that time to imply like our lovely media implication by ommision or inuendo... that the Senator is unstable and should not be elected..

GL
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:56 am

LsFarm wrote:The problem is that stockingfull won't let the experts decide... he'll continue to call Senator McCain 'mentally unstable' or whatever inuendo he chooses at that time to imply like our lovely media implication by ommision or inuendo... that the Senator is unstable and should not be elected..

GL


Hey, Greg, just in case you aren't familiar with the way the Supreme Court has interpreted our free speech rights, "public figures" (whether they be Republicans or Democrats, McCains or Clintons or Obamas) are subject to a far more liberal threshold for libel/slander/defamation than private citizens. The Supreme Court case, called NY Times v. Sullivan, was decided in 1964.

And that's precisely to advance the public scrutiny purpose of the media. So, whether or not McCain likes the subject discussed, it is absolutely protected discussion, because he's put himself out there as a public figure and candidate. Similarly, the scurrilous rumors about Obama's religion and patriotism are just as ridiculous -- and just as protected, for just the same reasons.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

"Iraq war disappears as TV story"
"Statistics clearly illustrate the diminished attention. For the first 10 weeks of the year, the war accounted for 3 percent of television, newspaper and Internet stories in the Project for Excellence in Journalism's survey of news coverage. During the same period in 2007, Iraq filled 23 percent of the news hole.
The difference is even more stark on cable news networks: 24 percent of the time spent on Iraq last year, just 1 percent this year."


http://www.miamiherald.com/776/story/458872.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


Couldn't be because the surge is working???
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 pm

spc wrote:"Iraq war disappears as TV story"

Couldn't be because the surge is working???


... and, if so, can we please leave now? :P
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:04 pm

spc wrote:"Iraq war disappears as TV story"
"Statistics clearly illustrate the diminished attention. For the first 10 weeks of the year, the war accounted for 3 percent of television, newspaper and Internet stories in the Project for Excellence in Journalism's survey of news coverage. During the same period in 2007, Iraq filled 23 percent of the news hole.
The difference is even more stark on cable news networks: 24 percent of the time spent on Iraq last year, just 1 percent this year."




Couldn't be because the surge is working???



Taking you at your word that you are a nice guy, I'm giving this another chance. This is not meant as a personal attack but merely a suggestion that you may think about or simply dismiss.....Your choice:

It seems to me that most of your posts incorporate internet obtained video clips, quotes & photos which are not helpfull to make your point. Given enough time, I also can search the net to find "evidence" from many dubious sources that will back up any point I choose to make. I'm sure there are web sites out there that I could find supportive "evidence" to "prove" the following:

1. My belief that the world is, in fact, flat.
2. My belief that Japan did not attack us on 12/7/1941, that it was really those sneaky "Swedes" who painted "meatballs" on the wings of the aircraft to deflect the truth.
3. That cannibalism is really the best type of diet one can be on.
4. That when you die, your sole does not go to Heaven or Hell, but in reality goes to a vacant garage in Cleveand.


Just a few quick sites:

-Cannabalism is good
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/ -Flat Earth Society






I submitt to you that, in my opinion, your arguments would be alot more significant if you were to take the time to put them into your own words, rather than expect the reader to invest his/her time chasing down your links or watching videos.
Take this as a serious suggestion, for what it's worth.

(Below is a diagram proving that the earth is flat)
Last edited by Richard S. on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link and removed copyrighted image
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:06 pm

Devil5052 wrote:Taking you at your word that you are a nice guy, I'm giving this another chance. This is not meant as a personal attack but merely a suggestion that you may think about or simply dismiss.....Your choice:

It seems to me that most of your posts incorporate internet obtained video clips, quotes & photos which are not helpfull to make your point. Given enough time, I also can search the net to find "evidence" from many dubious sources that will back up any point I choose to make. I'm sure there are web sites out there that I could find supportive "evidence" to "prove" the following:

1. My belief that the world is, in fact, flat.
2. My belief that Japan did not attack us on 12/7/1941, that it was really those sneaky "Swedes" who painted "meatballs" on the wings of the aircraft to deflect the truth.
3. That cannibalism is really the best type of diet one can be on.
4. That when you die, your sole does not go to Heaven or Hell, but in reality goes to a vacant garage in Cleveand.
Just a few quick sites:
http://members.tripod.com/~Nasalboy/cannabilism.html -Cannabalism is good
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/ -Flat Earth Society
I submitt to you that, in my opinion, your arguments would be alot more significant if you were to take the time to put them into your own words, rather than expect the reader to invest his/her time chasing down your links or watching videos.
Take this as a serious suggestion, for what it's worth.


If from reading my post you don’t understand my position on politics I am sorry, but I think most here do. We are not here discussing the theory of relativity, at least I'm not. I have been asked more than once to back up my position. When I say there is media bias should I just stop there? The NYT buried the Pastor Wright story yet John McCain's alleged affair was front page. Enough said? I try to get right to the point & back it up plus I’m a slow typist & not a very eloquent author.
As far as videos go take Pastor Wrights sermon, I think it would have lost a little of its punch if I just posted a transcript of it don't you?
If you want to defend the world being flat, eating humans, Japan not attacking us, go for it. I’ll give you a couple of better ones, we didn’t actually land on the moon it was filmed in Hollywood & my favorite, white America created the aids virus to suppress minorities.
Thanks for the suggestion though. :no2:
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:13 pm

If Pastor Wright was John McCain's spiritual mentor do you think he would have made Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person In The World" segment :?: :no1: Most of you guys may not even watch him, he gets a paltry 677,000 viewers. If you want to see real slanted left wing news he's a champ. This video is for you :devil: 5052



How could a man say anything bad about Dana Perino?
Last edited by Richard S. on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed link ro video
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

spc wrote:How could a man say anything bad about Dana Perino?


Um, because she's a dimwit? :secret:

Ooops, sorry, maybe that's good.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 pm

stockingfull wrote:
spc wrote:How could a man say anything bad about Dana Perino?


Um, because she's a dimwit? :secret:


Perino obtained her masters degree at UIS in Public Affairs Reporting while also working as a daily reporter covering the Illinois Capitol for WCIA-TV, a CBS affiliate.

don't think so. Sorry. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Perino
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer