National Media Biased?

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:29 am

[quote="spc"]
If from reading my post you don’t understand my position on politics I am sorry, but I think most here do. I apologize for being such a dim witted dolt.........I have a head injury you know...We are not here discussing the theory of relativity, at least I'm not. I have been asked more than once to back up my position.....That was exactly my point.......The "proof" you provide in "backing up your position" is always just net bologna that can be found to support any position one would care to espouse. I don't rememer seeing anyone ask you to provide supporting evidence to prop up your argument. A good argument usually needs no evidnce, other than it's very logic, & you expect too much of your readers by placing the burden of having to perform extra-curricula work to understand your point.
It matters not as I see you have gone right back to attaching videos, etc to your posts, so I understand your decision was to dismiss my serious suggestion....Your choice, but if I am not inclined to listen to your "proof" attachments & I don't think that I am alone.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:34 am

Devil5052 wrote:I don't rememer seeing anyone ask you to provide supporting evidence to prop up your argument. A good argument usually needs no evidnce, other than it's very logic.


Your buddy.
stockingfull wrote:Care to source some of this wonderful stuff which you assert as fact?


"A good argument usually needs no evidence, other than it's very logic."

What? I think you spent to much time in the evidence room at DEA, if you know what I mean. That sounds like something Yogi Berra would say. I hope your not asked to sit on a jury.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am

spc wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:I don't rememer seeing anyone ask you to provide supporting evidence to prop up your argument. A good argument usually needs no evidnce, other than it's very logic.


Your buddy.
stockingfull wrote:Care to source some of this wonderful stuff which you assert as fact?


"A good argument usually needs no evidence, other than it's very logic."

What? I think you spent to much time in the evidence room at DEA, if you know what I mean. That sounds like something Yogi Berra would say. I hope your not asked to sit on a jury.



Morning.......Nice to see no links :D
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:19 am

NY Gov. Paterson (D) & his wife each admit having intimate relationships with others for years. WOW. Guess they figured they should get that out of the way. If they lived in Iran Mrs. Paterson would be serving an 11 year prison term for adultery. Prior to 2002 she would have been stoned to death.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 pm

spc wrote:
stockingfull wrote:
spc wrote:How could a man say anything bad about Dana Perino?


Um, because she's a dimwit? :secret:


Perino obtained her masters degree at UIS in Public Affairs Reporting while also working as a daily reporter covering the Illinois Capitol for WCIA-TV, a CBS affiliate.

don't think so. Sorry. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Perino


You're kidding, right? U. Ill at Springfield?? Is that a community college? 8-)

Besides, Dubya graduated from Yale and has an MBA from Harvard; what's that prove?
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:17 pm

"Detroit Mayor Charged With Perjury"
(Associated Press & NYT)
Read the stories & tell me the party of the fine Mayor.


http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8VJSJR00&show_article=1
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-D ... yt&emc=rss

Things to remember when reading MSM news:
1. In a negative news story if the party affiliation of a politician is not mentioned the said politician is a democrat.
2. Any negative press about a democrat or their policies is buried & never put on the front page unless it is absolutely is forced. Think of it as an Easter egg hunt. :lol:
3. MSM will put negative unsubstaniated stories about Republians or their policies front page above the fold & party affiliation will be mentioned in the 1st sentance of the story.
When reading the news remember the source. :idea:
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Ed.A On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Again, time and time again, no mention of party. Good call, just more undeniable proof.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Ed, c'mon, :secret: it's a black mayor of Detroit, named Kilpatrick, for gawd's sake.

Know any Republicans who fit that description?
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:11 am

Well I'm convinced he's not a republican...otherwise the story would have lead with that and a picture of him somewhere sometime with W. Democrats get a pass. No pattern there, nooo.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:11 am

ABC World News with Charles Gibson, CBS Evening News with (fill in) Harry Smith and NBC nightly news with Brian Williams did not mention Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick was a democrat. You can list all the pundits on the right you want to but I am talking about hard news not the likes of Chris Matthews, who by the way practically endorsed BHO on MSNBC's morning Joe program, or Keith Olbermann who makes an ass out of himself nightly. These two guys actually anchor election night programing. Most news editors are on the left CASE CLOSED. Anyone who can't see it is either delusional or just plain DUMB. toothy
Last edited by spc on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

I, for one, am thankful that at least you, Stephen, aren't fooled by the media glibs. :roll:

:lol:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:38 pm

This story has been out for 2 days now. I guess CNN doesn't know the party affiliation of Mayor Kilpatrick.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/25/ ... index.html

This was the McCain with lobbyist story: "The Arizona senator has dominated the Republican primaries"
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/mccain/

This was the Larry Craig story: The men describe their encounters with Craig, R-Idaho
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/02/ ... legations/

Notice any difference? :o
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:23 pm

spc wrote:ABC World News with Charles Gibson, CBS Evening News with (fill in) Harry Smith and NBC nightly news with Brian Williams did not mention Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick was a democrat. You can list all the pundits on the right you want to but I an talking about hard news not the likes of Chris Matthews, who by the way practically endorsed BHO on MSNBC's morning Joe program, or Keith Olbermann who makes an ass out of himself nightly. These two guys actually anchor election night programing. Most news editors are on the left CASE CLOSED. Anyone who can't see it is either delusional or just plain DUMB. toothy



Let me pry open that case a little bit:
1. Which Fox News anchors would you identify as "Lefty?"
2. Isn't Fox News on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?


So, if you want, you could keep your TV tuned & locked onto Fox & your radio tuned to Rush & Sean & live happily ever after.

What's the problem?? (or as DI Hartman yells at private Pyle....."What's your major malfunction?!?"
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm

At least CNN never repeatedly MISREPRESENTED party affiliation, as Fake News, the only network run by a former political operative and Lee Atwater-collaborator, did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gtpPHb0NZ8&feature=related
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: National Media Biased?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 pm

stockingfull wrote:At least CNN never repeatedly MISREPRESENTED party affiliation, as Fake News, the only network run by a former political operative and Lee Atwater-collaborator, did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gtpPHb0NZ8&feature=related
I don't know I may start :shots: . Is that all you got? You already mentioned O'Reilly with the same lame mistake.

stockingfull wrote:Better than affirmatively misrepresenting his party not once, but 3 times, don't you think?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/04/bill-oreilly-labels-rep-foley-a-democrat/

Just be happy you have the msm on your side & move on.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer