Why is McCain the best choice for President?

Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Reprint from a post a like on another forum:



because he'll take us to war with iran...and thats good, i think...or something. i'm not really sure.

because hes really old and reminds everyone of their grandfather...not the one that has to be fed with a baby spoon by a nurse...the other one, thats still "active".

because his arms are really stiff and he moves like a robot...and robots are really freakin sweet!

because he was a POW and therefore we owe it to him to make him president.

because hes run twice before, so third times the charm?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: LsFarm On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:12 pm

Senator McCain's arms are really stiff because his shoulders and arms were broken as a torture by his captors in Vietnam.. He moves like a robot?? with all the scar tissue and old injuries from torture, he's lucky to not be in a wheel chair. Anbody who points fingers and laughs or makes fun of this should be ashamed of themselves.

He's old.. lets see.. is this bad?? most of the truely wise people I know are older than me... and I look up to them for their knowledge and experience.. You can't 'book-learn' experience... it's part of life..the root of the term 'older and wiser'.

And what makes you think he will take us to war with Iran??

And what does the number of times running for office have to do with anything..

I think the author of the quote is a 12 year old with a two digit IQ, and an emotional age of around 5 or 6. Where was this quoted from?? An elementary school newspaper?


Greg L

.
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 pm

LsFarm wrote:Senator McCain's arms are really stiff because his shoulders and arms were broken as a torture by his captors in Vietnam.. He moves like a robot?? with all the scar tissue and old injuries from torture, he's lucky to not be in a wheel chair. Anbody who points fingers and laughs or makes fun of this should be ashamed of themselves.

He's old.. lets see.. is this bad?? most of the truely wise people I know are older than me... and I look up to them for their knowledge and experience.. You can't 'book-learn' experience... it's part of life..the root of the term 'older and wiser'.

And what makes you think he will take us to war with Iran??

And what does the number of times running for office have to do with anything..

I think the author of the quote is a 12 year old with a two digit IQ, and an emotional age of around 5 or 6. Where was this quoted from?? An elementary school newspaper?




Greg L

.



I disagree with your assesment Greg. I think it is an obviously "tongue in cheek" post pointing out, humorously, some points that are worthy of serious voter consideration:

Your quote:......"Senator McCain's arms are really stiff because his shoulders and arms were broken as a torture by his captors in Vietnam.. He moves like a robot?? with all the scar tissue and old injuries from torture, he's lucky to not be in a wheel chair. Anbody who points fingers and laughs or makes fun of this should be ashamed of themselves.".....

You need to lighten up here. I know of no injured veteran or law enforcement officer who is so thin skinned that they are unable to poke a little fun at their injuries, suffered in the line of duty for this country. Bob Dole always did so along with many others, including myself. (I was run down by a drug dealer & went through the windshield of his car & ended up in a coma & hospitalized for over 3 months, right ankle shattered so badly it is held together with nuts & bolts, stomach opened up by the windsheild glass from side to side & have been disabled ever since 12/89.........AND YET....I am always the butt of family jokes about my memory, balance & other problems that are common to TBI.(Traumatic Brain Injury) You either joke about these things (& I know Sen. McCain does) or you go crazy. Trust me.......we all joke about them so there is never a need to "tiptoe" around these things, especialy if you are in the public eye running for office.



Your quote:...."He's old.. lets see.. is this bad?? most of the truely wise people I know are older than me... and I look up to them for their knowledge and experience.. You can't 'book-learn' experience... it's part of life..the root of the term 'older and wiser'


A spokesman for Sen. McCain, speaking of his recent gaff saying that Al Quieda is being trained in Iran (until saved by Sen Lieberman) called it a "Senior Moment." A President, prone to "Senior Moments" is certainly a big factor for the voter to consider.





Your Quote: "..And what makes you think he will take us to war with Iran?? "...
If you want direct , provocative & threatening soundimng quotes from Sen McCain against Iran, I will find them & provide links when I have some time.....They are there.




Your Quote: ..."And what does the number of times running for office have to do with anything..".....

I take the author's statement as more of a joke than anything else.


Come on now.......If we lose are humor in these discussions.......Then.....The Terrorists Have Won!!! :D





PS: The quote came from here http://www.ballot.com/hotwire/21318-why ... ident.html
A serious political forum) Suggestion: The forum is open to everyone & free. I suggest you join & then ask the author directly about his post. (I think it's the 2nd or 3rd post in the thread)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: LsFarm On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 pm

I find ZERO humor in the 'quote'.. This is the same sniping while hiding behind the thin veil of 'humor' or like some others use the veil of 'it's sanctioned by the supreme court' to attack people.

So it's ok to hide behind 'humor' or the skirts of the supreme court to be unkind, underhanded and backstabing??

Sorry, no humor seen or found. As far as me needing to 'lighten up'... when fair play is in play,, that's fine... but when backhanded 'humor' or hiding behind laws that protect backstabing and underhanded attacks?? I can't lighten up... I believe in fair play..


Greg L
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: bksaun On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 pm

TBI, now finally an explanation! :lol:

BK
bksaun
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid, Gentleman Janitor GJ-6RSU/ EFM 700
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 503
Coal Size/Type: Pea Stoker/Bit, Pea or Nut Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer/ EFM-Gentleman Janitor
Stove/Furnace Model: 503 Insert/ 700/GJ-62

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:47 pm

LsFarm wrote:I find ZERO humor in the 'quote'.. This is the same sniping while hiding behind the thin veil of 'humor' or like some others use the veil of 'it's sanctioned by the supreme court' to attack people.

So it's ok to hide behind 'humor' or the skirts of the supreme court to be unkind, underhanded and backstabing??

Sorry, no humor seen or found. As far as me needing to 'lighten up'... when fair play is in play,, that's fine... but when backhanded 'humor' or hiding behind laws that protect backstabing and underhanded attacks?? I can't lighten up... I believe in fair play..


Greg L


I dont think the author was trying to "hide behind" anything, nor was I in reprinting it. What I was trying to accomplish was to publicaly open a serious line of questioning about Sen. McCain's judgement & fitness to be President of this country. The author's use of humor, I feel, is quite refreshing & I dont know what laws you are disagreeing with then you say.."hiding behind laws that protect backstabing and underhanded attacks"......What laws & what was underhanded or backstabbing????
We are talking about a man who wants the US voters to "hire" him for the most important, powerful jobh in the world! Who better to question??
As far as this staement goes...."I can't lighten up... I believe in fair play.. "
You are not the only "beacon" of fair play on this forum. Believe it or not, I also believe in Fair Play too, but find absolutely nothing wrong with publicly calling into question the fitness for a candidate who would be President of the US.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: LsFarm On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:08 pm

OK, what does the fact that he walks like a robot, has stiff arms.. or looks like a grandfather have to do with his qualifications to be president??
To me, these are just underhanded 'slight of hand' little stabs in his back, to undermine or take potshots at the senator and setup a negative atmosphere for ... what?
You said you wanted to: 'publicaly open a serious line of questioning about Sen. McCain's judgement & fitness to be President of this country.'
and yet you use this childish ''humor' to start a 'serious line' ??

Sorry, no humor found, seen, smelled or heard..

Greg L
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 pm

LsFarm wrote:OK, what does the fact that he walks like a robot, has stiff arms.. or looks like a grandfather have to do with his qualifications to be president??
To me, these are just underhanded 'slight of hand' little stabs in his back, to undermine or take potshots at the senator and setup a negative atmosphere for ... what?
You said you wanted to: 'publicaly open a serious line of questioning about Sen. McCain's judgement & fitness to be President of this country.'
and yet you use this childish ''humor' to start a 'serious line' ??

Sorry, no humor found, seen, smelled or heard..

Greg L


Well, we obviously disagree & that's what makes the world interesting. I see nothing "underhanded" or" back stabbing" about poking fun at a Presidential candidate's obvious advanced age. Quite the contrary, age, phyisical & mental state are profoundly relevant in judging a Presidential candidate's bona fides. I also disagree with your assement of the author's humar being "childish.".........I thought his post got his serious points across with adult & quite engaging humor. ...We simply disagree.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Devil5052 wrote:. Quite the contrary, age, phyisical & mental state are profoundly relevant in judging a Presidential candidate's bona fides.
Attachments
fdr.jpg
(567.34 KiB) Viewed 3 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]3853[/nepathumb]
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:44 pm

Of course, not a ghost of a chance that FDR would have been elected today.

Hell, he'd have no better chance than a black man.....

And, reason number 6 that McCain would be a great Prez:

-- because he knows that Iraq and Iran are really all the same country! (so well that he's said so like 4 times!)
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 am

The press back then was still loyal to this country and knew it was best to keep his secret. The leftys in the press today would sell us down the river for a chance to win some points with our enemeys.
Also, just a minor point of clarity... mcCain broke both his arms while ejecting from his jet and then had them rebroken multiple times by his captures for punishment. I don't think he jokes about it.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 am

coalkirk wrote:The press back then was still loyal to this country and knew it was best to keep his secret. The leftys in the press today would sell us down the river for a chance to win some points with our enemeys.
Also, just a minor point of clarity... mcCain broke both his arms while ejecting from his jet and then had them rebroken multiple times by his captures for punishment. I don't think he jokes about it.



You just wont give up on the "lefty" press will you,my good friend Coalkirk! :D
Please tell us which of the "Leftys" listed below is selling us out to our enemies?:
Pat Buchanan (TV, P)
Robert Novak (TV, P)
William Buckley (TV, P)
Cal Thomas (P)
Paul Gigot (TV, P)
Pat Robertson (TV)
Jerry Falewell (TV)
John Gibson (TV)
Charles Krauthammer (P)
John Leo (P)
James J. Kilpatrick (P)
Ben Wattenberg (TV, P)
Armstrong Williams (TV, R, P)
Thomas Sowell (P)
Fred Barnes (TV)
G. Gordon Liddy (R)
Michael Reagan (R)
James Dobson (R)
James Pinkerton (P)
Suzanne Fields (P)
Bob Grant (R)
George Will (TV, P)
Rush Limbaugh (R)
William Safire (P)
William Kristol (TV)
Bay Buchanan (TV)
John McLaughlin (TV)
Oliver North (TV, R)
Kate O'Beirne (TV)
Linda Chavez (P)
Tony Snow (TV, P)
James Glassman (TV, P)
Robert Bartley (P)
Mona Charen (P)
Laura Ingraham (TV)
John Stossel (TV)
Ken Hamblin (R)
Michael Barone (P)
Maggie Gallagher (P)
Sean Hannity (TV, R)
Bill O'Reilly (TV)
R. Emmett Tyrrell (P)
Tucker Carlson (TV)
Ann Coulter (TV, P)
Brit Hume (TV)
Don Imus (TV, R)
Brent Bozell (TV, P)
Larry Elder (TV, P, R)
Jonah Goldberg (TV, P)
Jack Kemp (TV, P)
Larry Kudlow (TV, P)
Michelle Malkin (TV, P)
Debbie Schlussel (TV, P)

You are right about Sen. McCain's arm injuries & ejection, but I have heard him joke about his stiffness, etc. I'll see if I find find a link for you.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:10 am

Well I have to admit I don't know some of those names but given the company they're in I'd guess none of them are selling us out. You've listed all the conservatives. I'm not sure the server could handle listing all the liberals in the media. I never said all of the media were leftys. :)
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:34 am

coalkirk wrote:Well I have to admit I don't know some of those names but given the company they're in I'd guess none of them are selling us out. You've listed all the conservatives. I'm not sure the server could handle listing all the liberals in the media. I never said all of the media were leftys. :)



I think if a viewer just switched between MSNBC & Fox he/'she would get a pretty good cross-section of liberal vs conservative views. There really is no "Media" mentality any more, other than worshipping money. That is the only thing "The Media" all have in common in the 21st century.
As far as the topic is concerned, & the offense that Greg takes with the original post on this thread, I feel that in the context of a Presidential race, almost everything has been made fair game in judging a candidate's qualifications to be President. As for "fair play", just look at what GW Bush's side did to John Kerry, a multiple wounded, combat war verteran in Vietnam. While GW was having daddy get him out of the war, Kerry was dodging bullets in Vietnam, but that didn't stop the right wingers from belittling Kerry's war wounds. I can still hear Rush Limbaugh saying the wounds just needed a band-aid!
(maybe Rush could have sold him some of his pain killers instead!.....&, by the way, exactly where did Rush Limbaugh see his combat?)
Sorry....To early to get worked up here.....Time to stop & check the Harman.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Why is McCain the best choice for President?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 am

I will not defend Bush's war record. However, all three of Kerry's purple hearts were for injuries so minor that he was never hospitalized or even serious enough to miss time on duty. I guess they were those "million dollar wounds" like Forrest Gump.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal