Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Richard S. wrote:I'll make it clear to Devil, the Iraqi's or anyone else do not tell us what to do. We can make that decision for ourselves in our best interests.


Even in asking us to remove our troops from their country?........Wow Richard......That's a tougher position than even this administration will admit to! I appreciate your candor but find your answer at total variance to American values! :(
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 pm

My values lie with safety and well being of my family and this nation. If that requires telling some nation to go *censored* themselves so be it.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Richard S. wrote:My values lie with safety and well being of my family and this nation. If that requires telling some nation to go *censored* themselves so be it.


Got it.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:00 pm

Richard S. wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Although the WDM was never found let's not forget that they kicked out inspectors and did just about everything possible to make themselves suspicious.


What was the 550 tons of yellowcake that was just shipped to Canada from Iraq for? Key Lime pie?
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:11 pm

coaledsweat wrote:What was the 550 tons of yellowcake that was just shipped to Canada from Iraq for? Key Lime pie?



Have never heard that??? You have a link to that story?
(BTW......Just for my own information, do you also feel that we are morally right in keeping our troops in Iraq even against their will?)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: spc On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm

"The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" _ the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment _ was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy."


http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/jul/05/ap-exclusive-us-removes-uranium-from-iraq/
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2008 ... to-canada/

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=62 ... =351020201
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:56 pm

spc wrote:The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" _ the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment _ was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy."



Thanks for the reply SPC. No one ever claimed that S. Hussein did not want nuclear weapons, but the mere possession of some "yellowcake" was hardly the "clear & imminent" threat that was sold to us to justify the war. The Germans had some "Heavy Water" during WWII, but they were similarly still years away from being able to make an A-bomb.
Possessing the necessary precursors to making a bomb is not the same as possessing WMD.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: spc On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:36 pm

I guess we should have waited until Saddam & his sons actually had a nuclear weapon. And what would you want for prove, a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv?
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:42 pm

spc wrote:I guess we should have waited until Saddam & his sons actually had a nuclear weapon. And what would you want for prove, a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv?



Maybe we should have waited until we had a "legitimate reason" to invade. Do we invade every country run by a bad man who wants nuclear weapons? (should we invade Iran now?....How about North Korea?.....Pakistan??.....India??....Syria???.....China????)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:37 pm

Devil5052 wrote:(BTW......Just for my own information, do you also feel that we are morally right in keeping our troops in Iraq even against their will?)


They all joined the Army to serve their country, that is what they signed up for and what they are doing. In the last 7 years they have freed 50 million people in two countries from tyrants that butchered their own citizens for their pleasure and power. Yes, I think it is morally right and I am proud of them. Are you?
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:23 pm

coaledsweat wrote:They all joined the Army to serve their country, that is what they signed up for and what they are doing. In the last 7 years they have freed 50 million people in two countries from tyrants that butchered their own citizens for their pleasure and power. Yes, I think it is morally right and I am proud of them. Are you?



You misunderstood my question. Let me rephrase it:
....BTW......Just for my own information, do you also feel that we are morally right in keeping our troops in Iraq even against their (the Iraqi people's) will?

To answer your question..." I am proud of them. Are you?".......Of course I'm proud of our soldiers. It's their leadership that has me ashamed! :mad:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Well to my knowledge, the Iraqi's have not asked us to leave yet. I don't believe that we will stay beyond our welcome. And to answer your question, no, I don't think it would be morally or any other way right to stay if they want us out.

To respond to your leadership comment, at least you have some.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Devil5052 wrote:You misunderstood my question. Let me rephrase it:


I didn't misunderstand it, I answered the question as asked. You mis wrote it. :)
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I didn't misunderstand it, I answered the question as asked. You mis wrote it. :)


I accept your grammatical admonishment. :D ( I guess the word "their" would relate back to the "our troops" in that sentence, but that is not how I meant to word it) :surrender:


Getting back to the point here, many members of the Iraqi Parliament, representing the whole, sent a letter to our Congress basically asking us to leave & yesterday, Prime Minister Maliki did the same thing. Without wanting to get caught up in the minutia here, my question is this: If a majority of Iraq's Parliament and their Prime Minister "formally" asks us to leave, should we?


Edit: Sorry....I missed your above answer. :shock:
I'll leave his question up for anyone else who would like answer it though.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Iraq Spinning Out Of Control....Again!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 pm

coaledsweat wrote:I don't think it would be morally or any other way right to stay if they want us out.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea