Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 pm

rberq wrote:rberq wrote: I still don't believe Jesus rose from the dead.

spc replied: I am going to assume you don't believe in resurrection at all. How about this, if I showed you a petri dish which looked like what amounted to spit in it & I told you in 9 months that could become a new born baby would you believe me?

rberq responds: Huh? What’s that got to do with the price of eggs? Are you saying that’s what in vitro fertilization looks like? In that case, sure, I believe it could become a baby. But I’d hardly call it resurrection.
Why would you think a full grown man could not have the breath of life put back in him? What are your thoughts on Jesus? Do you believe anything in the Bible? Just trying to get where you are coming from.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: rberq On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 pm

"God is true and faithful, and will never give a stone to those who ask bread."

Plenty of stones are passed out to those starving kids in Ethiopia, to people with cancer and other foul diseases, to innocent children maimed and killed by war, and on and on and on. Don't tell me none of them asked for bread. This is astounding hubris -- because life has treated YOU ok, you attribute your good fortune to god and blithely assume it is a reward for your faith rather than just random luck.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 pm

"Satan is the "ruler of this world" & pushes a false philosophy onto the world. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived."

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
2 Corinthians 4:4
We will never fully understand God's ways but we have to trust Him.
Read what Job went through & he was a true believer.

Read the Bible its great for the soul.

I suggest this web site.
http://www.gotquestions.org
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer


Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: stoker-man On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Devil5052 wrote:Fi
I have no idea if the universe was created by an entity that we would call God, or it was just formed somehow on it's own.


You can look at all the clearly defined constellations in the sky, all the star pictures, and think they happened by chance?
stoker-man
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Matthaus On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Oh well it was fun while it lasted, but that dogma just don't hunt. :P :lol:
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Coal Jockey On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 pm

rberq wrote:"God is true and faithful, and will never give a stone to those who ask bread."

Plenty of stones are passed out to those starving kids in Ethiopia, to people with cancer and other foul diseases, to innocent children maimed and killed by war, and on and on and on. Don't tell me none of them asked for bread. This is astounding hubris -- because life has treated YOU ok, you attribute your good fortune to god and blithely assume it is a reward for your faith rather than just random luck.


Sir,
If you care to read the context of my entire post - which you snipped that excerpt from - you will see that the whole CONTEXT of that post was belief and faith as superior to reason. It has nothing to do with literal "bread" or "stones". Holy Cow... Are you totally biblically illiterate? The reference I make in using that phrase is from the Bible and refers to those who sincerely come to God as Father for salvation and grace - none are turned away or sent away. It has nothing to do with food or sickness or anything else. It is what we call METAPHOR....the scriptures are full of such usages to refer to spiritual things.
You misread my intentions sir, and posit motivations, thoughts, and seem to be on a vendetta here. Please read all my posts and then tell me where I have made these bold assertions you claim I made above. Never have I claimed that I see salvation or God's grace as some sort of "reward". For crying out loud! This is the whole meaning of grace - the fact that it is entirely unmerited. These ad hominem remarks are absurd in light of what I have written, and the tenor of my own posts does not stoop so low. Jesus plainly said that His kingdom has nothing to do with meat or drink or any other thing - it is neither here nor there. Just forget about it and stick to the general subject....or go start a "world hunger and terminal illness" thread.

For the record I'm the chairman of a local committee that raises money through growing crops to alleviate hunger in the world - I'm a farmer too. Just google "Canadian Foodgrains Bank" and check it out.
Coal Jockey
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Newmac
Stove/Furnace Model: GAO

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: stoker-man On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 pm

I keep it simple. If a man evolved from slimy algae, he had better hope that a woman evolved nearby or else that would be the end of the human race. So then you'd have to wait a few million years for another man to evolve and hopefully there would be a woman who evolved nearby or that would again be the end of the race.

The only problem is that you run into trouble with the second law of Thermodynamics which states that everything is going from a state of perfection and completion downward to a state of chaos and confusion. You also have this problem with our sun, which is also losing energy. There is only a small time period, compared to eternity, where the sun could sustain life, so that limited the length of time that man could evolve.

Consider the human body. It runs entirely on sugar, this simplest of compounds. Why aren't our eyes in our feet? Why aren't our hands connected to our hips? How did all the senses arrive in the ideal locations? What about the five senses of the soul: The willpower, the emotions, the desires, the affections, and the memory? You can't touch them, you can't feed them with sugar, how did they evolve? How could something that evolved by chance be so beautiful?

Creation and Evolution are both theories and faith systems, but it requires considerably more faith to believe in Evolution.
stoker-man
 
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 pm

stoker-man wrote:
Devil5052 wrote:Fi
I have no idea if the universe was created by an entity that we would call God, or it was just formed somehow on it's own.


You can look at all the clearly defined constellations in the sky, all the star pictures, and think they happened by chance?



They don't look so clearly defined to me, sorry.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Coal Jockey On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Perhaps what man needs is not more evidence to convince him and provide a basis for reason... What he needs is simply more intellect to see what already lies before him in abundance... It's not the littleness of the amount of evidence, it is the littleness of the mind that is the limiting factor. We see as much as we choose to see, and our mind is enlarged just exactly as far as we choose to allow it to expand. :(
Coal Jockey
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Newmac
Stove/Furnace Model: GAO

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BugsyR On: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 pm

He died...so we can be saved...I believe!
Attachments
Jill's 421.jpg
(25.36 KiB) Viewed 2 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]4046[/nepathumb]
BugsyR
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: ken On: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:10 am

do you realize how many millions of people God killed in the Bible. not somebody you want to *censored* with. :D
ken
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker - Rice Coal
Stove/Furnace Model: 75K - Bay Window - Direct Vent

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Matthaus On: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:49 am

ken wrote:do you realize how many millions of people God killed in the Bible. not somebody you want to *censored* with. :D


Exactly the mentality that keeps people coming to church on Christmas, Easter and a few other days each year. ;)

The good news is that all of us are saved whether we believe or not, in fact we were never really lost, it's just all an illusion and a dream. We are the only ones to blame if we create our own version of hell, and many of us do a fairly good job of creating one here on earth with our choices. After we die we all are back with that direct connection to the Supreme Being.... however you see Her. :)
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:49 am

[quote="spc"]"Satan is the "ruler of this world"




and let's try to keep this in mind spc, shall we? :) (now, someone get me my slippers) :lol:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Matthaus On: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:57 am

Matthaus wrote: We are the only ones to blame if we create our own version of hell, and many of us do a fairly good job of creating one here on earth with our choices.


Hit the nail right on the head, Matt.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert