Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am

Richard,

Regardless of what you think the bible is it has been preserved for over 1500 years word for word look up the dead sea scrolls.


billinldey,


A Jewish priest is a priest the bible speaks of. A catholic priest was something made up outside the bible.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 am

BillMarti wrote:Devil,

In another post I stated to tvb that I would not respond to her abrasive quoting and disrespect of Gods Word which I hold very high. And yes I can answer the questions but I can't see anything good coming from it. And I explained 2x why I posted those scriptures. I don't understand what you want. So as I said I refuse to respond to her post why do you think I did. If you go back and look at any of my posts you'll see when I needed to address a particular person I did so.

Bill S.


This is exactly the kind of non-answer that I find offensive. Your above statement does not answer the question which is a simple one.... Did you intend to insult tvb by selecting THAT particular bible passage in this thread?.... A simple YES or NO would both answer the question & make further dialogue with you meaningful. Embellish your answer as you wish but please don't refer me back to previous responses or dodge it again.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am

billindley,

As I said before and it was taken offensively in which is was not meant to I will say it Again you argue of things you don't know about and accept hear say and opinions of others to be accepted as true. Please read the bible it can answer for itself and that is exactly what is continually being questioned here this is not what I think it says this is what the bible says. I do this so I can't be accused of interpreting it to my benefit.

Definition of a Bishop,minister or supposed present priest they are 1 and the same only the catholic church defines them differently but as you can see theres only 1 defined here where they get the the others is in their other books.

1 Timothy 3

1This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

8Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

9Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

10And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

11Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

12Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

13For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520


Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 am

Devil,

Lets come down to brass tacks you and your friends don't like to be answered in an honest way according to your beliefs.

I'm sorry you feel that way but if you can't and won't consider others statements which is exactly what you do then you can't and won't learn because obviously from the start your close minded on this matter. There are however people that do have legitimate questions that I will answer to the best of my ability. I will ignore foolishness and personal attacks and as you noticed by you constant badgering I will not entertain those that are disrespectful to God or me. So if you have legitimate questions I will answer to the best of my ability.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:28 am

BillMarti wrote:Regardless of what you think the bible is it has been preserved for over 1500 years word for word look up the dead sea scrolls..


So how were those stories passed down prior to being written down in the dead sea scrolls or any other document? Were they even in the same language? As I understand it Moses for example would predate the dead sea scrolls by roughly 2000 years? Do you realize how much the same language can change in 2000 years let alone two separate ones? Chances are you couldn't communicate with someone in England 500 years ago because you wouldn't know what they hell they were saying.

My point is the stories of the Bible will have lost their original context through various translations and retelling of them before they were written down. I've seen arguments now about the English translation for that matter we have multiple English translationseach one being a little different...
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: Devil505 On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 am

BillMarti wrote:Devil,

Lets come down to brass tacks you and your friends don't like to be answered in an honest way according to your beliefs.

I'm sorry you feel that way but if you can't and won't consider others statements which is exactly what you do then you can't and won't learn because obviously from the start your close minded on this matter. There are however people that do have legitimate questions that I will answer to the best of my ability. I will ignore foolishness and personal attacks and as you noticed by you constant badgering I will not entertain those that are disrespectful to God or me. So if you have legitimate questions I will answer to the best of my ability.

Bill S.


That certainly answers my question & should prove to everyone reading this thread that you are dishonest, capable of simply copying & pasting passages from the bible with no real understanding of them, verbose...without actually saying anything of value & therefore not worth engaging in further dialogue on this or any subject.....including coal heating.
Since a check of all your postings indicates that you obviously have little interest in coal related topics, I suggest you find a more theological minded forum in which you may be capable of fooling the members into thinking you actually know what you're talking about, because you have failed here & are simply wasting our time. :secret:
Last edited by Devil505 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:37 am

Richard S. wrote:
BillMarti wrote:Regardless of what you think the bible is it has been preserved for over 1500 years word for word look up the dead sea scrolls..


So how were those stories passed down prior to being written down in the dead sea scrolls or any other document? Were they even in the same language? As I understand it Moses for example would predate the dead sea scrolls by roughly 2000 years? Do you realize how much the same language can change in 2000 years let alone two separate ones? Chances are you couldn't communicate with someone in England 500 years ago because you wouldn't know what they hell they were saying.

My point is the stories of the Bible will have lost their original context through various translations and retelling of them before they were written down. I've seen arguments now about the English translation for that matter we have multiple English translationseach one being a little different...

You're right, Richard. The Bible wasn't originally written in English. Denying that translations change meaning is simply linguistic ignorance.

Bill's absolutely entitled to his religious beliefs. But I think it's been established here that they are not rationally explainable beliefs.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:52 am

I am by far & in no way a biblical learned person. In saying that from what I do know is that the truest preserved book is that of the Quran. I know a lot of people don`t want to hear that but there have been many versions of for instance the holy bible, thats easy to verify just by the differences between aged ones & modern ones. I`m not a muslim nor do I intend to become one but it is (at least claimed) to be unchanged from the original. It does claim however that in translation does have some effect, the arabic ones are all supposed to be exactly the same. As someone pointed out human interpration changes as do the words we speak. To say that a book hasn`t changed when you have to know that it has is a prime example of having a closed mind IMO. Hope this doesn`t offend anyone my intention was just my view.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:57 am

Exactly, sam.

Take the "gay 90's," for example. Even if words haven't been changed, their meanings often evolve over time.

"Evolution." What a concept.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 am

Devil,

Again where do you acquire your information from. Mine is always the same and anybody has access to it.

Bill S
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: ken On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:13 am

If you research the history of the Bible , there were alot of books written for the Bible , that never were put into the Bible. :shock: When it was put together as one book , who was the one or ones who dicided to leave out certain books?
ken
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker - Rice Coal
Stove/Furnace Model: 75K - Bay Window - Direct Vent

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 am

Richard,

You made the accusation that their storys whispered down the lane but again the text you claim are storys are indeed 1500 years old and are still the same explain that if they change so readily over time why they're still the same words.

The koran has a lot of misinformation in it such as "the seed comes from the chest" we know thats not true. They're are many other examples that can be found with a little reasearch.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: BillMarti On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 am

Ken,

God inspired the Words and He can inspire men to assemble the bible.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: billlindley On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24 am

So here is what we have established.

#1 The bible is a collection of stories past down thru generations. This collections of stories are said to be started as the word of god but thru interpretation and man’s inclining to change the words to fit the current day’s purposes it has strayed from it original intention.

#2 Parts of the bible, if interpreted literally, are absolutely insane and illegal in the USA.

#3 God allowed us this collection of stories that have been passed down and corrupted over many generations because we have the free will to corrupt the word of god.

#4 Faith is based on a belief in a higher being that is all good and all knowing. This higher being is God and he wants everyone to see him and understand why they must follow him or face the consequences of eternal damnation.

#5 There is scientific evidence that a man named Jesus existed however the miracles he conducted are only based on stories that have been passed down for 2,000 years.

#6 In order to support your faith you make literal interpretations of the bible when it suits and denounce parts that seem insane as man’s corruption.

#7 There will be n true understanding for those who don’t believe in this thread.

#8 For those of us who are questioning their faith (me) this forum topic will really do nothing to reinforce my faith but simply lead me down a path that forces more questions.
billlindley
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading
Stove/Furnace Model: Lehigh RS-96

Re: Did God Create Man Or Did Man Create God?

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:26 am

Perhaps the Quran was saying the seed comes from love in the heart. As anything it can change from one man to the next, people tend to read into what they want.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75